MT High School Football Combine

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: MT High School Football Combine

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:04 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 11:26 am
That's awesome!

Vim, any chance Eiden stays in-state? That kid is a hell of an athlete.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:21 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:14 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:56 am
iaafan wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:58 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:50 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:59 am
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:18 am
That being said, do we think this is a good or a bad thing. Obviously, it's good for the kids but will it get exposure out to FBS schools that such and such a kid is a fantastic athlete (think Troy Andersen) and that kid doesn't end up going to MSU because of that exposure? Don't get me wrong. I want kids to get every opportunity they earn, but is this bad for MSU/UM in terms of keeping the best kept secrets of Montana, well, secret?
I don't think,even with outstanding numbers, that this combine alone would get a kid signed to a FBS school. They'd still need to attend and perform well at selected camps,IMO. Rostad going to the Stanford camp worries me more than him performing well at this combine.

One thing this combine might do is get some kids a better eval. from the Cats and griz. Maybe go from a walk-on to a partial?
At this point Rostad going out of state would be very good for MSU.
Is he leaning towards UM?
When it comes to in-state schools, yes. And it's not particularly close.
I've said from the beginning, if Rostad doesn't go FBS, he's a Griz. Jordy Tripp is his first cousin. Head coach is a Bobby Hauck disciple. Family is all Griz. Even if Bobcat's put the full court press on him, he likely still would choose UM. Plus, what a great opportunity for him if he does go UM in terms of playing QB. Currently, the Griz have Kris Brown and Garrett Graves as their young QBs on the roster. Carson is a much better QB than both of them...in my opinion. He's getting sold by the Griz that he can be the next great 4-year, Montana-born starter at QB for UM. All I'm saying is, it makes sense for him to sign with the University of Montana when you look at all the facts.
Who’s the latest 4-year, Montana-born starter at QB for UM? Feeling stupid, I should know this.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:41 pm

Any results available?