MT High School Football Combine

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

MT High School Football Combine

Post by VimSince03 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:35 am

https://montanasports.com/high-school/f ... o-bozeman/

This is something the state has needed for a long time and it took a guy like Dane to finally get the ball rolling on setting it up. This is huge for kids across the state at lower class levels like B and C.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Re: MT High School Football Combine

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:44 am

Dane is awesome! Good to see him kick starting something like this, and a great opportunity for all MT high school athletes.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:47 am

This is the data I've been wanting for my evaluations since I started doing this back in 2015. All hail Fletch!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Wed May 29, 2019 10:54 am

Doesn't hurt that it's in Bozeman either.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:26 am

That's awesome!

Vim, any chance Eiden stays in-state? That kid is a hell of an athlete.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:33 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 11:26 am
That's awesome!

Currently not trending that way. He's done a good job of getting his name and numbers out there early in his high school career. FBS schools know about him. If he has another year like his sophomore season, I don't see a logical reason why he should stay in-state at the FCS level.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:25 am

Very cool!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:59 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 11:33 am
bobcat99 wrote:
That's awesome!

Currently not trending that way. He's done a good job of getting his name and numbers out there early in his high school career. FBS schools know about him. If he has another year like his sophomore season, I don't see a logical reason why he should stay in-state at the FCS level.
Oh come on Vim. Looking through my BLUE/GOLD BOBCAT glasses I see two reasons. To be a BOBCAT and to receive a quality education...<------- of course depending upon where matriculates to... :D

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:16 am

I have absolutely no knowledge about the Eiden family or his intentions, but I'm putting $20 on him going to UW! :D

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:18 am

That being said, do we think this is a good or a bad thing. Obviously, it's good for the kids but will it get exposure out to FBS schools that such and such a kid is a fantastic athlete (think Troy Andersen) and that kid doesn't end up going to MSU because of that exposure? Don't get me wrong. I want kids to get every opportunity they earn, but is this bad for MSU/UM in terms of keeping the best kept secrets of Montana, well, secret?

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:38 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:18 am
That being said, do we think this is a good or a bad thing. Obviously, it's good for the kids but will it get exposure out to FBS schools that such and such a kid is a fantastic athlete (think Troy Andersen) and that kid doesn't end up going to MSU because of that exposure? Don't get me wrong. I want kids to get every opportunity they earn, but is this bad for MSU/UM in terms of keeping the best kept secrets of Montana, well, secret?

Yeah, yer probably right. Good for the kids, but potentially bad for MSU and UM...

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:59 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
I don't think,even with outstanding numbers, that this combine alone would get a kid signed to a FBS school. They'd still need to attend and perform well at selected camps,IMO. Rostad going to the Stanford camp worries me more than him performing well at this combine.

One thing this combine might do is get some kids a better eval. from the Cats and griz. Maybe go from a walk-on to a partial?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:50 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:59 am
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
I don't think,even with outstanding numbers, that this combine alone would get a kid signed to a FBS school. They'd still need to attend and perform well at selected camps,IMO. Rostad going to the Stanford camp worries me more than him performing well at this combine.

One thing this combine might do is get some kids a better eval. from the Cats and griz. Maybe go from a walk-on to a partial?
At this point Rostad going out of state would be very good for MSU.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:58 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:50 am
Hawks86 wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:

Is he leaning towards UM?

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:56 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:58 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:

When it comes to in-state schools, yes. And it's not particularly close.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:14 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:56 am
iaafan wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:

I've said from the beginning, if Rostad doesn't go FBS, he's a Griz. Jordy Tripp is his first cousin. Head coach is a Bobby Hauck disciple. Family is all Griz. Even if Bobcat's put the full court press on him, he likely still would choose UM. Plus, what a great opportunity for him if he does go UM in terms of playing QB. Currently, the Griz have Kris Brown and Garrett Graves as their young QBs on the roster. Carson is a much better QB than both of them...in my opinion. He's getting sold by the Griz that he can be the next great 4-year, Montana-born starter at QB for UM. All I'm saying is, it makes sense for him to sign with the University of Montana when you look at all the facts.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:17 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:14 am
bobcat99 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:

I've said from the beginning, if Rostad doesn't go FBS, he's a Griz. Jordy Tripp is his first cousin. Head coach is a Bobby Hauck disciple. Family is all Griz. Even if Bobcat's put the full court press on him, he likely still would choose UM. Plus, what a great opportunity for him if he does go UM in terms of playing QB. Currently, the Griz have Kris Brown and Garrett Graves as their young QBs on the roster. Carson is a much better QB than both of them...in my opinion. He's getting sold by the Griz that he can be the next great 4-year, Montana-born starter at QB for UM. All I'm saying is, it makes sense for him to sign with the University of Montana when you look at all the facts.
From a football standpoint, it makes sense....but if he actually wants a decent education he would be better off at MSU ( or a PAC 12 school).

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:30 pm

Who’s the junior-to-be from Bozeman High that was turning heads last year as a sophomore?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:34 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:30 pm
Who’s the junior-to-be from Bozeman High that was turning heads last year as a sophomore?
bobcat99 wrote:
That's awesome!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:56 pm

HelenaCat wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:17 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:14 am
bobcat99 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
blueandgoldblitz wrote:

From a football standpoint, it makes sense....but if he actually wants a decent education he would be better off at MSU ( or a PAC 12 school).
Yes, absolutely. I guess their troubles on the academic level must not be a big deal.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.