Alex Singleton

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

User avatar
mslacatfan
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3991
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: Alex Singleton

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:57 am



FTG- GO CATS GO!

User avatar
luckyirishguy25
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3416
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:59 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Alex Singleton

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:17 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:57 am
He is having a really good camp!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/insidethei ... l-pff/amp/
He should have no trouble making it on the roster. He had a great preseason with the Seahawks his rookie year, but still got cut loose due to the LB depth the Seahawks had that year.

Go get'um Alex!



AFCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2046
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Alex Singleton

Post by AFCAT » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:07 pm



Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

Cataholic
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1813
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Alex Singleton

Post by Cataholic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:19 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:07 pm
Wow. That is awesome!



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6786
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Alex Singleton

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:07 pm



Singleton is totally making this team. Awesome to see.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Danster21
New Recruit
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:34 pm

Re: Alex Singleton

Post by Danster21 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:26 pm



It looks like he led the team in tackles, tied for solo, and had a TFL. He's definitely making this roster and we could see him regularly in the regular season.



User avatar
PapaG
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6142
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:44 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Alex Singleton

Post by PapaG » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:00 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:07 pm


Singleton is totally making this team. Awesome to see.
It's not a lock. He's still listed as 7th on their depth chart for all LBs and they will only keep 6 maximum, possibly 5.


Greg K.

User avatar
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired
Posts: 2204
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm
Location: A completely different country from Bobcat Country

Re: Alex Singleton

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:55 pm

PapaG wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:00 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:07 pm


Singleton is totally making this team. Awesome to see.
It's not a lock. He's still listed as 7th on their depth chart for all LBs and they will only keep 6 maximum, possibly 5.
It seems pretty hard to believe that a team would only keep five linebackers. Teams try to skimp on backups at O-Line and DT (because they are less athletic) and RB (because you only use one at a time these days). They do this so that they can keep more guys at DB, LB and WR because those are likely to be your key guys on special teams. Even with nickel defense increasingly becoming the base defense, you can expect every NFL team to carry at least 6 linebackers. The Eagles wanted to dress six linebackers last year, although things vary based on availability. They carried six on the roster all year and added a seventh at one point. I would say there's a pretty good chance that they'll start out the year with seven because one of the starters has a significant injury.


"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6786
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Alex Singleton

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:17 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:55 pm
PapaG wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:00 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:07 pm


Singleton is totally making this team. Awesome to see.
It's not a lock. He's still listed as 7th on their depth chart for all LBs and they will only keep 6 maximum, possibly 5.
It seems pretty hard to believe that a team would only keep five linebackers. Teams try to skimp on backups at O-Line and DT (because they are less athletic) and RB (because you only use one at a time these days). They do this so that they can keep more guys at DB, LB and WR because those are likely to be your key guys on special teams. Even with nickel defense increasingly becoming the base defense, you can expect every NFL team to carry at least 6 linebackers. The Eagles wanted to dress six linebackers last year, although things vary based on availability. They carried six on the roster all year and added a seventh at one point. I would say there's a pretty good chance that they'll start out the year with seven because one of the starters has a significant injury.
That's an old depth chart. Worrilow was also ahead on that depth chart...now he has been cut. Another player on that chart is injured. He is damn near a lock.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired
Posts: 2204
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm
Location: A completely different country from Bobcat Country

Re: Alex Singleton

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:32 pm

Another guy ahead of him is LJ Fort, and apparently if they cut Fort, the Eagles get an extra draft pick from the NFL next year. One assumes that could make a difference if Singleton was pretty much even with him.

(That's what all the Eagles fans are saying anyway. I do know that the NFL gives draft picks to teams based on how many free agents they do or don't sign, but I'm not completely up to date on specific situation for the Eagles and I may even be behind on the rules for that program in general.)

I'm a Steelers fan, so I've seen a lot of LJ Fort. He's good on special teams, but so is Singleton. He's okay in coverage. He's okay in general. He's 29, so he's not going to be better than he is now. He's not a guy you keep if you can keep someone younger, cheaper, equally as good, and also get a 5th round draft pick.

EDIT: I actually think two of the guys ahead of him are injured, although only one was serious enough have an injury alert on his FR page.


"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Post Reply