Root tv games

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: Root tv games

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:39 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:00 am
Catfanatic84 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:49 am

Just sent an email to Root and to Big Sky conference to voice my displeasure at this year's lineup. Maybe if we start a letter writing campaign, we'll see a change.
#-o JFC, Root is going to broadcast the games it sees as having the best audience on any given weekend. It has to sell advertising time to pay for the costs of production, so which games does one choose? Face it, Francis, those games are Griz games for the most part, as the Griz have the toughest schedule in the league. Some of those games are only for the purpose of spreading exposure to more BSC teams, probably a contractual arrangement with the BSC. Idaho State had to piggyback with Idaho and the Griz to get its two game exposure. Hell, even Northern Colorado had to go to Cheney to get a view. The "Brawl" would be broadcast anyway, regardless of any other game. Did you pause to think, even for a brief moment, that the SUU @ MSU game was geared more to SUU fans, to get its one show? EWU, national runner up, only got three games. If any team has EARNED the exposure, it would be them, not the cats. :-({|=
Root, the BSC, and BobcatNation are now aware of your displeasure, and analytical ability, but you only have youself to blame for that. [-X
Wow. You truly have no clue.

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:30 pm

FWIW, if the tables had been turned, I'd be pissed just like you whiners. Go ahead, 91, clue us in on how it really is. :roll:

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:39 pm

Shut-up dumbass :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:10 pm

Well, the truth of the matter is that Root called me after the new year and asked me what I would like in televised BSC games. I told them to put all Griz games on Root TV. I only got half of my wish. I like your smiley face beating a dead cat, autocat. Well done, and appropriate. Well, off to the tall grass again. :lol:

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:40 pm

I have a friend at the Big Sky office who gave me the inside scoop. Apparently, there is serious concern about the enrollment and financial status at U of M. They decided to request extra Griz games on Root this season hoping the extra exposure will help enrollment.

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:27 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:40 pm
I have a friend at the Big Sky office who gave me the inside scoop. Apparently, there is serious concern about the enrollment and financial status at U of M. They decided to request extra Griz games on Root this season hoping the extra exposure will help enrollment.
I haven't followed the enrollment issue at UM for awhile. I know their enrollment dropped this past fall by 7.6% (Missoulian) I want people learning at our universities. I want their enrollment to go up. I have my doubts to whether the Griz games on Root is an enrollment correlation. I doubt it is. The Griz games are on because they are good games to watch. I would put Cats-Davis in there on that weekend instead, but whatever. The Cats will get local coverage. It is likely that UM lose most of their Root games and so i'm not buying the enrollment correlation. People in Utah at the Big Sky Conference office have an extreme academic investment in University of Montana? - I'm not buying what your selling....if that were t he case they'd be investing in other Big Sky schools too!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:49 am

Anacomando wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:27 am
Cataholic wrote:
I haven't followed the enrollment issue at UM for awhile. I know their enrollment dropped this past fall by 7.6% (Missoulian) I want people learning at our universities. I want their enrollment to go up. I have my doubts to whether the Griz games on Root is an enrollment correlation. I doubt it is. The Griz games are on because they are good games to watch. I would put Cats-Davis in there on that weekend instead, but whatever. The Cats will get local coverage. It is likely that UM lose most of their Root games and so i'm not buying the enrollment correlation. People in Utah at the Big Sky Conference office have an extreme academic investment in University of Montana? - I'm not buying what your selling....if that were t he case they'd be investing in other Big Sky schools too!
I'm pretty sure Cataholic was being facetious.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:17 pm

This is a result of the Big Sky's crappy job of creating football schedules. MSU played every single one of its more local conference opponents last year and plays none of them this year outside of the yearly Cat/Griz game. Vice versa for UM who didn't play EWU, ISU, or Weber last year but plays all of them this year. I'd have done the exact same thing if I worked for Root and were in charge of putting together the TV schedule. MSU's many games against NAU, UND, and the California schools aren't desirable for a network that airs in WA, OR, ID, and MT.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:39 pm

:D
John K wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:49 am
Anacomando wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
:D :D :lol:

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:29 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:39 pm
:D
John K wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:49 am
Anacomando wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
:D :D :lol:
I smell a conspiracy.🤑🤡

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Homer9923
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Homer9923 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:14 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:06 pm
Only two for MSU, probably because of the easy schedule. UM with 6. Ewu and Idaho three each.
How much impact does having Idaho in the Big Sky have on the Cats Root schedule?

I'm not sure we noticed last year because we played them and it was on Root.

They have three games this year - vs EWU, ISU and UM.

Given Root's footprint, I'm guessing they are a good alternative to having the Cats on.

Of course I would rather watch the Cats, but for others, what would you want to see:

Cats vs Norfolk State or Idaho vs EWU
Cats vs No Colorado or Idaho vs Montana
Idaho vs ISU (Cats have Bye)

If you aren't a Cat fan, it's pretty easy to see the other games have more significance in the Root coverage area.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:40 pm

Homer9923 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:14 pm
iaafan wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:06 pm
Only two for MSU, probably because of the easy schedule. UM with 6. Ewu and Idaho three each.
How much impact does having Idaho in the Big Sky have on the Cats Root schedule?

I'm not sure we noticed last year because we played them and it was on Root.

They have three games this year - vs EWU, ISU and UM.

Given Root's footprint, I'm guessing they are a good alternative to having the Cats on.

Of course I would rather watch the Cats, but for others, what would you want to see:

Cats vs Norfolk State or Idaho vs EWU
Cats vs No Colorado or Idaho vs Montana
Idaho vs ISU (Cats have Bye)

If you aren't a Cat fan, it's pretty easy to see the other games have more significance in the Root coverage area.
After beating TT and going 6-0, who cares about Root. Fox, SWX or ABC will broadcast the rest.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Cu-Ag-Au
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:02 pm

Bob, quit your day job, you are funny. You could take your act on the road.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:45 pm

Cu-Ag-Au wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:02 pm
Bob, quit your day job, you are funny. You could take your act on the road.
Bob and the Copper, Silver and Gold Trolls? I think they are a dance troupe with advanced degrees.

Cu-Ag-Au
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Does have a ring to it. Well, allcat, you are partially right.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:44 pm

Cu-Ag-Au wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:17 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: Does have a ring to it. Well, allcat, you are partially right.
Your degrees are from the school of dance?

Cu-Ag-Au
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:01 pm

Some of them. :-$

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:46 am

The only problem I have with this is having to listen to Mike Callaghan call us Montuuna State for at least 8 or 9 games this year :lol:

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:42 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:46 am
The only problem I have with this is having to listen to Mike Callaghan call us Montuuna State for at least 8 or 9 games this year :lol:
Better than listening to Chris Byers call us "montana." :lol:

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:08 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:42 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:46 am
Better than listening to Chris Byers call us "montana." :lol:
Ha you're right he isn't too great either. I'll just mute the TV and do my own commentary.