MSU football signee Jaharie Martin robbed of Florida power lifting title

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: MSU football signee Jaharie Martin robbed of Florida power lifting title

Post by RobertoGato » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:12 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:26 am
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:49 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:13 pm
bobcatfan123 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:59 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:41 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:17 pm
Would not be surprised if he starts at middle linebacker next year.

Check that.

Would not be surprised if he’s all-BSC next year.

Check that.

Would not be surprised if he’s BSC DPOY next year.

I’ve never seen anyone who looks like him coming out of high school in the BSC. 6-1, 238 and ripped.
Truly, never. He is such a specimen and he has unreal instincts, sideline to sideline speed and a penchant to hit. I know MSU is VERY high on him. We intentionally did not print this story until we confirmed his arrival on campus for summer school. It seemed "too good to be true" until he actually made it to Montana. I immediately thought about Eric Prevost when I first saw him. But Martin is bigger, stronger and comes from a much higher level of football.

People can talk about Southern California and Texas and Georgia...there is no high school football in America like the prep football played at the top classification in Florida. And Martin dominated that level, earning MVP of the undefeated state championship team. Excited to cover his career.
Wow, aND I was worried about our lb corps this year. Might be a really fun year to watch this group. Guessing Anderson, Hill, and Cozzie will be projected starters? But sunds like Martin, Hardy, and Gilman might be in the mix. Martins film looks great, verty excited to watch him play.
Any thoughts?
Hill likely will retire due to his back recovery taking priority. Troy Andersen will likely start at Sam with Daniel Hardy being his primary backup. Then the rest is completely wide open. Michael Jobman will be in the mix at Mike and Will. Redshirt Freshman Nolan Askelson and Jory Choate are going to push everyone and Nolan has a chance at winning the MLB job. Chad Kanow, Tadan Gilman, Blake Flovin, Daniel Hardy, Walker Cozzie, Callahan O'Reilly and maybe Jaharie Martin will all be in the mix.
I realize this is a huge what if Vim, but bear with me here. If Andersen, Askelson, and Martin end up being the 3 best linebackers on the team during fall camp, which linebacker position do they play? I'm thinking Andersen at Sam, Askelson at Mike, and Martin at Will. Would you agree?
I think Martin only really fits at Mike. I'd put Askelson at Will. But there are a lot of options at those two spots. Will be a battle for the two deep.
Has the FCS ever seen a 3'6" MIKE?

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:01 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:26 am
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:49 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:13 pm
bobcatfan123 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:59 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:41 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:17 pm
Would not be surprised if he starts at middle linebacker next year.

Check that.

Would not be surprised if he’s all-BSC next year.

Check that.

Would not be surprised if he’s BSC DPOY next year.

I’ve never seen anyone who looks like him coming out of high school in the BSC. 6-1, 238 and ripped.
Truly, never. He is such a specimen and he has unreal instincts, sideline to sideline speed and a penchant to hit. I know MSU is VERY high on him. We intentionally did not print this story until we confirmed his arrival on campus for summer school. It seemed "too good to be true" until he actually made it to Montana. I immediately thought about Eric Prevost when I first saw him. But Martin is bigger, stronger and comes from a much higher level of football.

People can talk about Southern California and Texas and Georgia...there is no high school football in America like the prep football played at the top classification in Florida. And Martin dominated that level, earning MVP of the undefeated state championship team. Excited to cover his career.
Wow, aND I was worried about our lb corps this year. Might be a really fun year to watch this group. Guessing Anderson, Hill, and Cozzie will be projected starters? But sunds like Martin, Hardy, and Gilman might be in the mix. Martins film looks great, verty excited to watch him play.
Any thoughts?
Hill likely will retire due to his back recovery taking priority. Troy Andersen will likely start at Sam with Daniel Hardy being his primary backup. Then the rest is completely wide open. Michael Jobman will be in the mix at Mike and Will. Redshirt Freshman Nolan Askelson and Jory Choate are going to push everyone and Nolan has a chance at winning the MLB job. Chad Kanow, Tadan Gilman, Blake Flovin, Daniel Hardy, Walker Cozzie, Callahan O'Reilly and maybe Jaharie Martin will all be in the mix.
I realize this is a huge what if Vim, but bear with me here. If Andersen, Askelson, and Martin end up being the 3 best linebackers on the team during fall camp, which linebacker position do they play? I'm thinking Andersen at Sam, Askelson at Mike, and Martin at Will. Would you agree?
I think Martin only really fits at Mike. I'd put Askelson at Will. But there are a lot of options at those two spots. Will be a battle for the two deep.
Thanks for the response Vim. If you don't mind teaching me a little bit, what are the differences in responsibility for Mike and Will and what makes Martin and Askelson better for each?

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:51 pm

I think the real question here is: did the state of Florida ever give Martin his weightlifting trophy back?

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:32 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:51 pm
I think the real question here is: did the state of Florida ever give Martin his weightlifting trophy back?
No. He didn’t appeal.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:43 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:47 pm

Lol does that guy own a shirt!! ;-p

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:59 pm

technoCat wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:47 pm
Heck, if I looked like that, I wouldn't wear a shirt either.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:53 pm

technoCat wrote:

:lol:

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:16 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:53 pm
technoCat wrote:

:lol:
I'm just so very happy that he has a Bobcat football jersey!!!
I'm also thinking that sometime during one of the months that end with "ber" he'll be wearing a shirt and a whole lot more over the top.
Welcome Jaharie!

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:09 am

Plus one game in a month ending in "ary."

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:32 am

thefrank1 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:09 am
Plus one game in a month ending in "ary."
That one is not a worry.
We will be warm in Frisco, Texas.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:42 pm

See you there!

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."