Lulay retires

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: Lulay retires

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:26 am

3-7-77 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:04 am
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:54 am

I wonder, what is the criteria for retiring numbers at MSU? We have 4 right now, Sonny Holland #52, Don Hass #21, Jan Stenerud #78, and Bill Kollar #77. Is Travis Lulay worthy of the honor along with those great names? Some may say no, but I think he is. What does it take to get the football rolling and the discussion for obtaining this great honor?
The question has been asked. What are the criteria? If there were no stated criteria for this honor, creating criteria NOW would be highly suspect.
With the recent imploding of the Bobcat Triangle Classic in Great Falls, with subsequent loss of revenue, and now the collapsing of TWO gym roofs, gives the Athletic Dept. and the MSU Administration plenty with which to deal. That and 40 flat topped buildings on campus obviously in need inspection at this point. MSU seems distracted at the moment. Priorities. :roll:
That's like claiming there shouldn't be any talk of griz spring ball because of workers comp claims and future litigation due to asbestos on the um campus.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:32 am

3-7-77 wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

I wonder, what is the criteria for retiring numbers at MSU? We have 4 right now, Sonny Holland #52, Don Hass #21, Jan Stenerud #78, and Bill Kollar #77. Is Travis Lulay worthy of the honor along with those great names? Some may say no, but I think he is. What does it take to get the football rolling and the discussion for obtaining this great honor?
The question has been asked. What are the criteria? If there were no stated criteria for this honor, creating criteria NOW would be highly suspect.
With the recent imploding of the Bobcat Triangle Classic in Great Falls, with subsequent loss of revenue, and now the collapsing of TWO gym roofs, gives the Athletic Dept. and the MSU Administration plenty with which to deal. That and 40 flat topped buildings on campus obviously in need inspection at this point. MSU seems distracted at the moment. Priorities. :roll:
Really a top-notch troll post. You deftly maneuver this from a conversation about retiring a number to a conversation about some perceived chaos at a university due to heavy snow in only a couple sentences. Incredible display of infatuation with Montana State University!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:58 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:32 am
3-7-77 wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

Really a top-notch troll post. You deftly maneuver this from a conversation about retiring a number to a conversation about some perceived chaos at a university due to heavy snow in only a couple sentences. Incredible display of infatuation with Montana State University!
Careful, now he will; sit back and observe, like a tiger in the bushes, and pounce on you when he is ready. You are in big trouble! :D

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:21 am

This is kinda off topic, but I am forever disappointed that Coach Kramer and/or OC Don Bailey did not make sure that Travis Lulay completed at least one pass to his WR brother Tyler Lulay in a game before Travis graduated. Life is short, and I am sentimental about those type of things.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:37 am

3-7-77 wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:

I'm pretty sure the MSU administration can do more than one thing at once. I think you confuse which university can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Its the Missoula campus that sent recruitment information to prospective students asking them to enroll at Montana State University. :coffee:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:13 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:32 am

Really a top-notch troll post. Yes.
You deftly maneuver this from a conversation about retiring a number to a conversation about some perceived chaos at a university due to heavy snow in only a couple sentences. Yes.
Incredible display of infatuation with Montana State University! No.

But, back to the topic, just what are the criteria?

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:34 pm

No possible way 3-7 is CDA. CDA is actually very clever and subtle in his nonsense. This guy is simply an idiot. My vote is Hooked.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:15 pm

duelalumnicat wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:21 am
This is kinda off topic, but I am forever disappointed that Coach Kramer and/or OC Don Bailey did not make sure that Travis Lulay completed at least one pass to his WR brother Tyler Lulay in a game before Travis graduated. Life is short, and I am sentimental about those type of things.
I thought he did? Could be wrong on that... it was a long time ago. :D

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:34 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:15 pm
duelalumnicat wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:21 am
I thought he did? Could be wrong on that... it was a long time ago. :D
I was actually thinking that he did as well. Was Tyler 2 years younger than him? He didn't get a whole lot of playing time while Travis was still playing, but think they connected on at least one completion together. I wouldn't swear to that though.

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:52 am

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:52 pm

Is this your version of sitting in the bushes and pouncing like a tiger?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:01 pm

seataccat wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:52 pm
Is this your version of sitting in the bushes and pouncing like a tiger?

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:16 pm

I saved some pics of a tiger in some grass/bushes, but now I can't find them. When I figure out how to summon them out of my computer, like a genie out of the magic lamp, I'll bring them forth. Keep a sense of humor. Lots of people that are just too defensive on BN.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:08 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:16 pm
I saved some pics of a tiger in some grass/bushes, but now I can't find them. When I figure out how to summon them out of my computer, like a genie out of the magic lamp, I'll bring them forth. Keep a sense of humor. Lots of people that are just too defensive on BN.
Uh, you used a thread about retiring Travis Lulay's number to weave in comments about the implosion of the Triangle Classic, loss of revenue for MSU, and collapsing buildings on campus. What did you expect? :roll:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:48 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:08 pm
3-7-77 wrote:
Uh, you used a thread about retiring Travis Lulay's number to weave in comments about the implosion of the Triangle Classic, loss of revenue for MSU, and collapsing buildings on campus. What did you expect? :roll:
That is his way of deflecting the fact that their educational system is one big pile of bear excrement... As is some other parts of their athletic department. Their Rodeo and Hockey departments just aren't cutting it.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:07 pm

RickRund wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:48 pm
catatac wrote:
3-7-77 wrote:
That is his way of deflecting the fact that their educational system is one big pile of bear excrement... As is some other parts of their athletic department. Their Rodeo and Hockey departments just aren't cutting it.
Well, he uses phrases like; “pounce like a tiger,” and “like a genie out of the magic lamp,” so I suspect most of his education comes from watching Disney movies.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:41 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:07 pm
RickRund wrote:
catatac wrote:
3-7-77 wrote:

Well, he uses phrases like; “pounce like a tiger,” and “like a genie out of the magic lamp,” so I suspect most of his education comes from watching Disney movies.
Probably gets a better education from them, than he did from the failing U of M.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:11 pm

John K wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:41 pm
AFCAT wrote:
RickRund wrote:
catatac wrote:
3-7-77 wrote:

Probably gets a better education from them, than he did from the failing U of M.
Probably received a C in disney appreciation 101...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:34 am

AFCAT wrote:
RickRund wrote:
catatac wrote:
3-7-77 wrote:
:lol: :lol: =D^ Thanks for starting my day with a good laugh. And spot on I might add.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:28 pm

3-7-77 wrote:

The concept of property/building insurance seems lost on the Griz troll. Must be one of the dumber eGriz posters.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride