Triangle Classic

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Triangle Classic

Post by Common Cat » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:22 pm

It is a loss for Great Falls. What an awesome event.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:31 am

PHAT CAT wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:08 pm
The Great Falls boosters took the high road with their comments. They could of ripped someone a new one if they wanted. Pretty damn nice of them to hold back.
Maybe that (rip) is exactly what should be done. This coverup mode will only allow the problem to fester, and the end result will be much worse than tackling it head on.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:25 am

I would think that this event, and others like it, were incredibly awkward for most of the players. It was too long. I’m sure the coaches and MSU staff picked up on it. Ask yourself this: do you think the coaches pitched the Triangle Classic to the recruits? This thing had its run. It’s time for something new. Or a new format.

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:19 am

I had never attended one, but your angle does make some sense. Why would any player WANT to take a four hour bus ride up, one back, when a scrimmage could be done on campus. Phat Cat said he made a similar point last year. I looked it up. 7 on 7, no contact. Sounds like a total waste of players time. There is PR value. Your post makes more sense than all the other posts combined. There is, however, a need for a full explanation. Enough of this 'circle the wagons' BS.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:14 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:25 am
I would think that this event, and others like it, were incredibly awkward for most of the players. It was too long. I’m sure the coaches and MSU staff picked up on it. Ask yourself this: do you think the coaches pitched the Triangle Classic to the recruits? This thing had its run. It’s time for something new. Or a new format.
Generally I think the players liked it. We housed some of the players over the years when they used to spend the night and it seemed like they genuinely liked interacting with the fans, boosters, and kids at the camps. I guarantee there are players from the Central Montana region that ended up playing for the Bobcats because of the Triangle Classic.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

catnip
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catnip » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:54 pm

Why would the players NOT want to be there?? The money being raised was for THEIR education. Maybe this should have been stressed by the coaches more than it was?

Also, some of you people are saying 'They' should move the banquet to Billings or Bozeman or wherever. Can I ask who 'They' are? 'They' are the folks of Great Falls that made it happen, so if you are thinking 'They' are the folks in the athletic department, you better reevaluate your thinking.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:12 pm

catnip wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:54 pm
Why would the players NOT want to be there?? The money being raised was for THEIR education. Maybe this should have been stressed by the coaches more than it was?

Also, some of you people are saying 'They' should move the banquet to Billings or Bozeman or wherever. Can I ask who 'They' are? 'They' are the folks of Great Falls that made it happen, so if you are thinking 'They' are the folks in the athletic department, you better reevaluate your thinking.
Why?
They have to hang out for several hours with a bunch of people that are getting drunk and saying/doing drunk things.
They have homework.
They’d rather hang out with friends.
They’d rather be working out.
They didn’t get enough to eat.

Do they really need to be there for people to raise money for them? That sounds like a freak show atmosphere.

Why not have the banquet with just coaches and captains, then have the rest of the team join in the next day?

catnip
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catnip » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:15 pm

Why not just have hot dogs and hamburgers with the coaches and the mascot? Players can stay home and eat all the food service they want and surely they will get all their homework done on a Friday evening. Great Idea!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:02 pm

Another reason for the players to be there, is that many of the speakers (although not all) have had very inspirational messages, and I would hope that the players derived some benefit from hearing those messages.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:39 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:43 pm
FTG_1984 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:29 pm
Just bring it to Billings. There's more free-market money here than anywhere else in the state & the location should be a strategic stronghold for Bobcat Nation. As a resident, I've noticed a lot more Bobcat paraphernalia around town over the past three years since we've owned the jizz. Despite all the dUMb lawyers & doctors here in Billings, this is a Bobcat town overall. Especially right now.
It all relies on the bobcat club volunteers. The great falls crew worked their butts off making this a top notch event. Does the billings (or any other town) booster club have the same type of dedication and hustle to make it a big time event?

The great falls crew is truly special and deserve big time respect.
I've been involved with similar fundraising events. My guess is the 3 or 4 principals may have been a little burned out, and no one was willing to pick up the slack to keep this a top-notch event. JMO

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:19 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:39 pm
wbtfg wrote:
FTG_1984 wrote:
Just bring it to Billings. There's more free-market money here than anywhere else in the state & the location should be a strategic stronghold for Bobcat Nation. As a resident, I've noticed a lot more Bobcat paraphernalia around town over the past three years since we've owned the jizz. Despite all the dUMb lawyers & doctors here in Billings, this is a Bobcat town overall. Especially right now.
It all relies on the bobcat club volunteers. The great falls crew worked their butts off making this a top notch event. Does the billings (or any other town) booster club have the same type of dedication and hustle to make it a big time event?

I've been involved with similar fundraising events. My guess is the 3 or 4 principals may have been a little burned out, and no one was willing to pick up the slack to keep this a top-notch event. JMO
Yeah, but that makes too much sense. We here at Bobcat Nation must come up with a different scenario, where there is a bad guy or group that we can demonize and make false accusations about until the new football season arrives.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:30 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:19 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:39 pm
wbtfg wrote:
FTG_1984 wrote:

Yeah, but that makes too much sense. We here at Bobcat Nation must come up with a different scenario, where there is a bad guy or group that we can demonize and make false accusations about until the new football season arrives.
I don't think it's the Bobcat fans here on Bobcat Nation that "must" come up with a different scenario. Seems to me the only ones looking for some sinister plot are the griz homers that we, for some reason, tolerate posting here. Some Bobcat fans may want a little more explanation, but it sure seems to me they aren't the ones that want to demonize and make false accusations.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:03 pm

I simply express my opinion, based on my observations and experience. I could care less what you think. Think? Sorry, forgot my audience. Came across a good quote, from 'Catch - 22': "[They} agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything."
Carry on. :coffee:

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:16 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:47 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:03 pm
I simply express my opinion, based on my observations and experience.
What a miserable existence you must lead.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate