Employed or not

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Re: Employed or not

Post by Cledus » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:03 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:36 pm
Friendly reminder that these coaches don't make much money. Sure the HC does, but nobody else.

They're working very long hours just recruiting, don't get much for a vacation, and make what...40-60k a year? Sounds awful to me, to be honest.
It’s a choice they made voluntarily. I think a lot of coaches have a desire to make it to the big stage and the low pay is part of the process, e.g. paying dues. You can have empathy without feeling they’ve been dealt some sort of grave injustice.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:11 pm

Cledus wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:03 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:36 pm
Friendly reminder that these coaches don't make much money. Sure the HC does, but nobody else.

They're working very long hours just recruiting, don't get much for a vacation, and make what...40-60k a year? Sounds awful to me, to be honest.
It’s a choice they made voluntarily. I think a lot of coaches have a desire to make it to the big stage and the low pay is part of the process, e.g. paying dues. You can have empathy without feeling they’ve been dealt some sort of grave injustice.
Yeah, buddy, I didn't say any of that.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:52 am

Whatever the reasons, it happened, I don't feel that as fans we have a right to know every detail of these peoples lives. I trust Choate's judgment, I still like Ty and hope the best for him in whatever he does, as long as it isn't with the school over the divide. I have always liked Kane and think he will do an excellent job at DC.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:58 am

cats2506 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:52 am
Whatever the reasons, it happened, I don't feel that as fans we have a right to know every detail of these peoples lives. I trust Choate's judgment, I still like Ty and hope the best for him in whatever he does, as long as it isn't with the school over the divide. I have always liked Kane and think he will do an excellent job at DC.
Good post....I agree on all fronts.

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:17 am

cats2506 wrote:
"...I don't feel that as fans we have a right to know every detail of these peoples lives. I trust Choate's judgment, I still like Ty and hope the best for him in whatever he does, as long as it isn't with the school over the divide."
Agree on all points. On your last point, rest assured that he will NOT be part of the Griz ever again. Even a rumor of such a move would have a pitchfork and torches mob outside Bobbys office. He was with the Griz long enough to know he burned his bridges by coming to MSU. He did the unthinkable in Montana. He needed a job and took what was offered, so can't blame him for that. He lost his job in an awkward time of year, positions were already filled. This time next year he will be somewhere in football.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:49 pm

cats2506 wrote:
TG played a huge role in turning around the defense and beating missoula for three straight years. Given the sudden departure, it seems normal to wonder what happened. If his departure is the result of something salacious, then I personally do not want to know and I hope others feel the same.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:21 pm

Cledus wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:49 pm
cats2506 wrote:
TG played a huge role in turning around the defense and beating missoula for three straight years. Given the sudden departure, it seems normal to wonder what happened. If his departure is the result of something salacious, then I personally do not want to know and I hope others feel the same.
We do know. He resigned. Bet he's enjoying life!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:13 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:17 am
cats2506 wrote:
"...I don't feel that as fans we have a right to know every detail of these peoples lives. I trust Choate's judgment, I still like Ty and hope the best for him in whatever he does, as long as it isn't with the school over the divide."
Agree on all points. On your last point, rest assured that he will NOT be part of the Griz ever again. Even a rumor of such a move would have a pitchfork and torches mob outside Bobbys office. He was with the Griz long enough to know he burned his bridges by coming to MSU. He did the unthinkable in Montana. He needed a job and took what was offered, so can't blame him for that. He lost his job in an awkward time of year, positions were already filled. This time next year he will be somewhere in football.
That's not always how it works. If TG continues to coach, moves up in the ranks, ends up being a DC for Alabama or any FBS program, the Montana HC job opens up and he wants it, it's his.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:46 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:13 pm
3-7-77 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:17 am

That's not always how it works. If TG continues to coach, moves up in the ranks, ends up being a DC for Alabama or any FBS program, the Montana HC job opens up and he wants it, it's his.
I don't know the hiring process, catatac, but you make some 'interesting' assumptions, IMO. First, TG moving up the ranks. That may take some time, if at all. He just got 'resigned' by Choate. Second DC job in three years. If there is a glass ceiling, this is his. Should he land in a FBS program, let alone become the DC, then at some point Bobby decides to move on, or retire(I think the job is his for life if he wants it) there is still the problem of getting the alum and donors behind the hire. Not likely to happen, in my lifetime anyway. Got to admit, times change and memories fade. Alumni die off. Donors die off. Theoretically, he could sneak in. But, when you get down to it, its a Griz-Cat thing. Pat Kearney wrote a 400+ page book about the history of the game. You should read it.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:09 am

I am curious, how much does he still owe us for letting him come here?🏈🤯

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:21 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:49 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:21 pm
Meanwhile, Gregorak declined comment beyond anything more than a general statement for more than three months, and the gossip hung in the air. What was true and what wasn't?

In this interview, Gregorak declared the speculation totally fabricated.

“Trust me. I heard everything,” Gregorak said. “We had some interesting calls saying, ‘Hey guys, just so you know, we just heard this …’ And we’re like, ‘Whoa. What?’

“It’s just too bad. It’s unfortunate. Both (Montana and MSU) fan bases are awesome in terms of our level of football. But it’s really unfortunate that people can get in front of a computer screen and type whatever they want to type anonymously.”

Gregorak said he was genuinely wounded.

“If someone wants to call you a lousy (coach), that’s one thing,” he said. “If they start talking about your family? That’s where it’s like, ‘C’mon now.’ You start talking about my family (and) my wife? That’s not cool.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:39 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:21 pm
=D^ =D^

Great guy and a class act.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:19 am

Great article.

I hope some people here read this and think about how they behave next time something like this happens.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:22 am

Also from the article for those curious:
Gregorak said he and head coach Jeff Choate had a conversation five days prior during which Gregorak was given the option to resign or not have his contract renewed. It was, Gregorak said, largely a performance-based decision by Choate.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:32 am

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:22 am
Also from the article for those curious:
Gregorak said he and head coach Jeff Choate had a conversation five days prior during which Gregorak was given the option to resign or not have his contract renewed. It was, Gregorak said, largely a performance-based decision by Choate.
I was very surprised to see this is the reason he left. I could see our defense weren't world beaters, but I also didn't think it was bad enough to force a change.

At least Kane can see that results matter and he will be held accountable.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:38 am

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:19 am
Great article.

I hope some people here read this and think about how they behave next time something like this happens.
Based on who you're referring to that started the idiotic rumors that were floating around, we'll need to wait a very long time before they act any differently.

This was a great article with a lot of honesty and insight into the coaching profession, and I wish the best of luck to Ty and his family in the future!

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:02 am

Best wishes to Ty and family. He does sound like a class act. I'm really glad he came here. He improved our defense a bunch and I will always be thankful he helped us get 3 straight wins over the griz!!

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:09 am

Glad Ty is taking the time to just be with his family and watch his kids grow up.

Its clear that Choate is striving for perfection and anything less won't be tolerated.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:26 am

I think some public apologies are in order. :-k

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."