Facilities - Coach Choate

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Facilities - Coach Choate

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu May 16, 2019 10:47 pm

Good god, the tariffs were put in place this week, so the argument is moot. It will take months for materials to rise, because the materials are already here. The only reason it’s news is because were so used to paying cheap for materials they don’t want to pay full price for materials, that and left controls the media.The world is so messed up they will tell you they want a good economy and good paying jobs, but when it’s time to pay the piper they brick. Yes the tariffs will make material prices to rise and exports to go down down but give it time, countries like China will fall in line and the prices will go back down. They will go down because we are more valuable to them than they are to us (we subsidize everything China does).Not only that, I would rather pay $1 more for materials if it means we stop subsidizing countries like China. We as Americans talk out of both sides of our mouths. Unfortunately the tariffs won’t last, because the same people who “love America”, are the same people who want cheap labor and cheap production costs from China. With patience, prices would stabilize, American workers would be producing what they use, and foreign buyers of our crops would be at the backdoor begging for wheat, soy beans, corn, etc.

If your left, you aren’t right.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu May 16, 2019 11:03 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:47 pm
Good god, the tariffs were put in place this week, so the argument is moot. It will take months for materials to rise, because the materials are already here. The only reason it’s news is because were so used to paying cheap for materials they don’t want to pay full price for materials, that and left controls the media.The world is so messed up they will tell you they want a good economy and good paying jobs, but when it’s time to pay the piper they brick. Yes the tariffs will make material prices to rise and exports to go down down but give it time, countries like China will fall in line and the prices will go back down. They will go down because we are more valuable to them than they are to us (we subsidize everything China does).Not only that, I would rather pay $1 more for materials if it means we stop subsidizing countries like China. We as Americans talk out of both sides of our mouths. Unfortunately the tariffs won’t last, because the same people who “love America”, are the same people who want cheap labor and cheap production costs from China. With patience, prices would stabilize, American workers would be producing what they use, and foreign buyers of our crops would be at the backdoor begging for wheat, soy beans, corn, etc.
Steel and aluminum tariffs were put into affect over a year ago, March 2018. Here is a good video from today on the subject.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2 ... stry-video

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:11 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:47 pm
Why the rant about tariffs?
Like I said there’s no way the price has gone up due to materials considering the state of the economy.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

norcal cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by norcal cat » Fri May 17, 2019 9:16 am

I did see that MSU is currently bidding a project to painting of the east side of the stadium for this summer. So it looks like they aren't going to be replaced in the next few years or else they wouldn't be spending the money on it.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri May 17, 2019 9:34 am

norcal cat wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:16 am
I did see that MSU is currently bidding a project to painting of the east side of the stadium for this summer. So it looks like they aren't going to be replaced in the next few years or else they wouldn't be spending the money on it.
That’s good news. They’re an eyesore.

They could keep it and add skyboxes. I think that would clean it up nicely. Then just bowl the other EZ. Done.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri May 17, 2019 11:59 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:34 am
norcal cat wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:16 am
That’s good news. They’re an eyesore.

They could keep it and add skyboxes. I think that would clean it up nicely. Then just bowl the other EZ. Done.
Easy peasy. Don't even need plans.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu May 23, 2019 6:44 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Thu May 23, 2019 7:46 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:44 pm
Great news.
I know it’s been discussed, but does anyone know if they are going to wait until they have 100% of the money to start construction? Or will it be one of those things that once they hit a certain percentage raised they can break ground and get going on it?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:49 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel on this. Pretty impressive when you consider there isn’t a single donation that makes up about half of it and $12 million is $4 million more than donors put in for the EZ fund drive.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu May 23, 2019 8:10 pm

I would expect them to break ground on the north end zone at either Gold Rush or Homecoming weekend as a photo opportunity and to increase fund drive. Remember, the north end zone includes the new academic excellence center which is not required to start at the same time as the end zone.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Thu May 23, 2019 8:17 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:10 pm
I would expect them to break ground on the north end zone at either Gold Rush or Homecoming weekend as a photo opportunity and to increase fund drive. Remember, the north end zone includes the new academic excellence center which is not required to start at the same time as the end zone.
The end zone work is not part of phase 1, it's quite a ways down the priority list. Phase 1 is only the football/athletics complex "behind" the north endzone, plus the Fieldhouse renovations.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu May 23, 2019 9:05 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Choate wants ground broken asap. Gold rush at the latest.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu May 23, 2019 9:17 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:05 pm
Montanabob wrote:
I wish I could be optomistic. We are almost $5M away from completion of phase 1 money (assuming the price tag has not increased). We have been raising money for 2 years. Most of the big donors have contributed. It is going to take 1 or 2 Large donors to make up that large a difference. If not it will be another year or 2.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:24 pm

gtapp wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:17 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
I wish I could be optomistic. We are almost $5M away from completion of phase 1 money (assuming the price tag has not increased). We have been raising money for 2 years. Most of the big donors have contributed. It is going to take 1 or 2 Large donors to make up that large a difference. If not it will be another year or 2.
I’m not sure why you aren’t optimistic. All things considered the fundraising for this has gone very well. There’s no reason to think it won’t continue. Many people haven’t contributed/pledged yet, including large donors, but especially small donors.

As I recall the EZ project asked for an additional $2 million and they had it within a few months.

toM StUber

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:47 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:24 pm
gtapp wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
I’m not sure why you aren’t optimistic. All things considered the fundraising for this has gone very well. There’s no reason to think it won’t continue. Many people haven’t contributed/pledged yet, including large donors, but especially small donors.

As I recall the EZ project asked for an additional $2 million and they had it within a few months.
If you can only gain 5 pounds of real muscle in a year, then you can only raise $5M in several years.

It's science, Tom.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:02 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:47 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:24 pm
gtapp wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Montanabob wrote:

If you can only gain 5 pounds of real muscle in a year, then you can only raise $5M in several years.

It's science, Tom.
Oh, of course! What was I thinking? :lol:

toM StUber

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu May 23, 2019 11:07 pm

In any fundraising donations tend to taper off as time goes by. We are only 65% of the way there. Unless some major development occurs I don't see $5M in 4 months (Gold Rush).

As far as the 5 lbs. Of muscle I am glad you finally are learning something bobcat 99. Actually I just broke my own rule by gaining 20 lbs. of mostly muscle in 7 weeks. Of course that was after losing 40 from my open heart surgery on Dec 1. It took me 12+ years to gain the 40, 4 months to lose it and 7 weeks to gain half of it back. The body is a strange organism. The problem is I will probably never gain another lbs since I can't have salt, sugar, fat, much protein or calories. Oh, and no supplements. You have to eat big to get big.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:24 am

gtapp wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:07 pm
In any fundraising donations tend to taper off as time goes by. We are only 65% of the way there. Unless some major development occurs I don't see $5M in 4 months (Gold Rush).

As far as the 5 lbs. Of muscle I am glad you finally are learning something bobcat 99. Actually I just broke my own rule by gaining 20 lbs. of mostly muscle in 7 weeks. Of course that was after losing 40 from my open heart surgery on Dec 1. It took me 12+ years to gain the 40, 4 months to lose it and 7 weeks to gain half of it back. The body is a strange organism. The problem is I will probably never gain another lbs since I can't have salt, sugar, fat, much protein or calories. Oh, and no supplements. You have to eat big to get big.
Sorry to hear about your heart problems, but it sounds like you’re recovering well. Take care.

toM StUber

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:51 am

AFCAT wrote:
Great news! Can't wait to see construction cranes over the North end zone.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri May 24, 2019 7:50 am

gtapp wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
Have faith, Gary. I’m confident ground will be broken by gold rush. Hopefully sooner.