Players Gone From 2018 Team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catsrgrood
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:49 pm
Location: Billings

Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Catsrgrood » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:36 pm

A quick breakdown of players that have moved on, one way or another, from last years team. I’ll edit to add names when and if more pop up.

Gives us an idea of how many players might be added this year still. There are currently 20 names here:

Seniors (11):
John D’Agostino-WR
Connor Sullivan- TE
Curtis Amos-TE
Alex Neale-OL
Wilson Brott- TE
Colin Hammock- OL
Zach Wright- DL
Tucker Yates- DL
Tyrone Fa’anono-DE
Grant Collins-LB
Dre Jackson-DB


Retired (3):
Balue Chapman-LB
Tyler Natee-RB
Jarod Asche-OL

Transferred out (5):
Maleek Barkley- RB
Mekhi Metcalf- WR
Dante Sparaco- DE
Blake Allred- FB
Koby Duru- WR

Other (1):
Clark Judisch- TE
Last edited by Catsrgrood on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.



User avatar
The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1647
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by The Butcher » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:47 am

Why is Dante Sparaco transferring? I thought he was going to be a solid player for us over the next few seasons.



Cat4LifeHouseDivided
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:52 am

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:47 am
Why is Dante Sparaco transferring? I thought he was going to be a solid player for us over the next few seasons.
To me, he is a kid who is never happy. Maybe he thinks he is better than he is. He transferred schools in high school and now his 2nd college transfer in 2 years. Not a team player in my opinion.



iaafan
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3742
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by iaafan » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:02 am

Isn’t Alex Neale appealing his first year?



User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9303
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by CelticCat » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:16 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:02 am
Isn’t Alex Neale appealing his first year?
As I understand it was denied. I think any player who had a season in which they played 4 games or less previous to the new redshirt rule applied to have that year redshirted but I believe it was denied across the board.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - @rrcatcast

FTG247365
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by FTG247365 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:58 am

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:52 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:47 am
Why is Dante Sparaco transferring? I thought he was going to be a solid player for us over the next few seasons.
To me, he is a kid who is never happy. Maybe he thinks he is better than he is. He transferred schools in high school and now his 2nd college transfer in 2 years. Not a team player in my opinion.
Sounds like you know him personally. I've always got a good laugh out people who assume.



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6382
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:31 am

Catsrgrood wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:36 pm
A quick breakdown of players that have moved on, one way or another, from last years team. I’ll edit to add names when and if more pop up.

Gives us an idea of how many players might be added this year still. There are currently 17 names here:

Seniors (11):
John D’Agostino-WR
Connor Sullivan- TE
Curtis Amos-TE
Alex Neale-OL
Wilson Brott- TE
Colin Hammock- OL
Zach Wright- DL
Tucker Yates- DL
Tyrone Fa’anono-DE
Grant Collins-LB
Dre Jackson-DB (don’t think he was on the roster at the end of the year, just going off of MSU bobcat.com roster)


Retired (3):
Balue Chapman-LB
Tyler Natee-RB
Jarod Asche-OL

Transferred out (3):
Maleek Barkley- RB
Mekhi Metcalf- WR
Dante Sparaco- DE
Blake Allred - FB. Transferred to MT Tech. May get an opportunity for more playing time and a shot at LB...where he starred in high school.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:43 am

FTG247365 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:58 am
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:52 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:47 am
Why is Dante Sparaco transferring? I thought he was going to be a solid player for us over the next few seasons.
To me, he is a kid who is never happy. Maybe he thinks he is better than he is. He transferred schools in high school and now his 2nd college transfer in 2 years. Not a team player in my opinion.
Sounds like you know him personally. I've always got a good laugh out people who assume.
Notice how I said in my opinion. I dont assume to know why he is transferring but one has to wonder about 3-4 transfers between high school and colleges. I always laugh at keyboard rangers who talk ****** behind anonymity.



User avatar
coachouert
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3677
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:49 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by coachouert » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:46 am

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:43 am
FTG247365 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:58 am
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:52 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:47 am
Why is Dante Sparaco transferring? I thought he was going to be a solid player for us over the next few seasons.
To me, he is a kid who is never happy. Maybe he thinks he is better than he is. He transferred schools in high school and now his 2nd college transfer in 2 years. Not a team player in my opinion.
Sounds like you know him personally. I've always got a good laugh out people who assume.
Notice how I said in my opinion. I dont assume to know why he is transferring but one has to wonder about 3-4 transfers between high school and colleges. I always laugh at keyboard rangers who talk ****** behind anonymity.
You mean like you did in your post above?? :? :?


Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Image

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:52 am

coachouert wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:46 am
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:43 am
FTG247365 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:58 am
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:52 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:47 am
Why is Dante Sparaco transferring? I thought he was going to be a solid player for us over the next few seasons.
To me, he is a kid who is never happy. Maybe he thinks he is better than he is. He transferred schools in high school and now his 2nd college transfer in 2 years. Not a team player in my opinion.
Sounds like you know him personally. I've always got a good laugh out people who assume.
Notice how I said in my opinion. I dont assume to know why he is transferring but one has to wonder about 3-4 transfers between high school and colleges. I always laugh at keyboard rangers who talk ****** behind anonymity.
You mean like you did in your post above?? :? :?
How is that talking ******? I stated facts then offered my opinion on those facts. What would you say about a player who has left his teams 3-4 times in as many years? As I said, I dont assume to know why he keeps transferring. My opinion was a generalization on players that transfer multiple times. He just happens to be the subject matter at this point. Also, I would have no problem saying what I said directly to him or anyone. Maybe he clarifies the situation.



Joe Bobcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:43 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:42 pm

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:52 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:47 am
Why is Dante Sparaco transferring? I thought he was going to be a solid player for us over the next few seasons.
To me, he is a kid who is never happy. Maybe he thinks he is better than he is. He transferred schools in high school and now his 2nd college transfer in 2 years. Not a team player in my opinion.
The statements associated with the above bolded and underlined words are all assumptions you have made.
If your assumptions came from your a$$ they probably stink as bad as everything else that comes from there does.
That's how and why it looks like you're talking ****.



Cat4LifeHouseDivided
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:46 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:42 pm
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:52 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:47 am
Why is Dante Sparaco transferring? I thought he was going to be a solid player for us over the next few seasons.
To me, he is a kid who is never happy. Maybe he thinks he is better than he is. He transferred schools in high school and now his 2nd college transfer in 2 years. Not a team player in my opinion.
The statements associated with the above bolded and underlined words are all assumptions you have made.
If your assumptions came from your a$$ they probably stink as bad as everything else that comes from there does.
That's how and why it looks like you're talking ****.
An opinion is just that. Its not an assumption on why he is transferring. I will give that I could have generalized the statements a little more.



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5517
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by catatac » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:20 pm

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:52 am
coachouert wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:46 am
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:43 am
FTG247365 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:58 am
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:52 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:47 am
Why is Dante Sparaco transferring? I thought he was going to be a solid player for us over the next few seasons.
To me, he is a kid who is never happy. Maybe he thinks he is better than he is. He transferred schools in high school and now his 2nd college transfer in 2 years. Not a team player in my opinion.
Sounds like you know him personally. I've always got a good laugh out people who assume.
Notice how I said in my opinion. I dont assume to know why he is transferring but one has to wonder about 3-4 transfers between high school and colleges. I always laugh at keyboard rangers who talk ****** behind anonymity.
You mean like you did in your post above?? :? :?
How is that talking ******? I stated facts then offered my opinion on those facts. What would you say about a player who has left his teams 3-4 times in as many years? As I said, I dont assume to know why he keeps transferring. My opinion was a generalization on players that transfer multiple times. He just happens to be the subject matter at this point. Also, I would have no problem saying what I said directly to him or anyone. Maybe he clarifies the situation.
Well I have no idea how big of a person your are, but it might be entertaining to see you walk up to him and tell him to his face he's not a team player LOL!


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:50 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:20 pm
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:52 am
coachouert wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:46 am
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:43 am
FTG247365 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:58 am
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:52 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:47 am
Why is Dante Sparaco transferring? I thought he was going to be a solid player for us over the next few seasons.
To me, he is a kid who is never happy. Maybe he thinks he is better than he is. He transferred schools in high school and now his 2nd college transfer in 2 years. Not a team player in my opinion.
Sounds like you know him personally. I've always got a good laugh out people who assume.
Notice how I said in my opinion. I dont assume to know why he is transferring but one has to wonder about 3-4 transfers between high school and colleges. I always laugh at keyboard rangers who talk ****** behind anonymity.
You mean like you did in your post above?? :? :?
How is that talking ******? I stated facts then offered my opinion on those facts. What would you say about a player who has left his teams 3-4 times in as many years? As I said, I dont assume to know why he keeps transferring. My opinion was a generalization on players that transfer multiple times. He just happens to be the subject matter at this point. Also, I would have no problem saying what I said directly to him or anyone. Maybe he clarifies the situation.
Well I have no idea how big of a person your are, but it might be entertaining to see you walk up to him and tell him to his face he's not a team player LOL!
Fair enough...and just for reference: 6'2", 275 lbs, former hockey player albeit out of shape at this point in my life. As I said, he may have good reason. All the transferring just leaves too many questions for me. I am in my mid 30s and was taught not to quit teams. I get fit, rules, coaches leaving but there seems to be a pattern here.



FTG247365
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by FTG247365 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:29 pm

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:50 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:20 pm
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:52 am
coachouert wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:46 am
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:43 am
FTG247365 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:58 am
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:52 am
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:47 am
Why is Dante Sparaco transferring? I thought he was going to be a solid player for us over the next few seasons.
To me, he is a kid who is never happy. Maybe he thinks he is better than he is. He transferred schools in high school and now his 2nd college transfer in 2 years. Not a team player in my opinion.
Sounds like you know him personally. I've always got a good laugh out people who assume.
Notice how I said in my opinion. I dont assume to know why he is transferring but one has to wonder about 3-4 transfers between high school and colleges. I always laugh at keyboard rangers who talk ****** behind anonymity.
You mean like you did in your post above?? :? :?
How is that talking ******? I stated facts then offered my opinion on those facts. What would you say about a player who has left his teams 3-4 times in as many years? As I said, I dont assume to know why he keeps transferring. My opinion was a generalization on players that transfer multiple times. He just happens to be the subject matter at this point. Also, I would have no problem saying what I said directly to him or anyone. Maybe he clarifies the situation.
Well I have no idea how big of a person your are, but it might be entertaining to see you walk up to him and tell him to his face he's not a team player LOL!
Fair enough...and just for reference: 6'2", 275 lbs, former hockey player albeit out of shape at this point in my life. As I said, he may have good reason. All the transferring just leaves too many questions for me. I am in my mid 30s and was taught not to quit teams. I get fit, rules, coaches leaving but there seems to be a pattern here.
So...your not a "Team Player" at the gym? :D



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5517
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by catatac » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:55 pm

No worries Cat4Life. I never got the impression that DS was a prima donna or anything like that but who knows. Maybe he's dealing with depression or something along those lines, I'd sincerely hope we're all a bit more sensitive to that possibility.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:08 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:55 pm
No worries Cat4Life. I never got the impression that DS was a prima donna or anything like that but who knows. Maybe he's dealing with depression or something along those lines, I'd sincerely hope we're all a bit more sensitive to that possibility.
That may be....could be along the lines of a post on the Griz tragedy thread. I realize as a competitive person, you strive to be the best. The pressure is likely very high. I have never met the kid so as I said I cant speak to the reasons. I hope he finds what he's chasing.



StatedImprovement
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by StatedImprovement » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:54 am

why would anyone ever fault a "Where the Grass is greener" kinda guy?



Catsrgrood
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:49 pm
Location: Billings

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Catsrgrood » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:05 pm

Added Duru.
2 WR’s out of the same class now, that stings.



Catsrgrood
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:49 pm
Location: Billings

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Catsrgrood » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:40 pm

Added Judisch, as he’s not on the roster released today



Post Reply