Jeff Choate press conference January 11

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Jeff Choate press conference January 11

Post by catatac » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:03 pm

catscat wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:28 pm
FTG_1984 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:28 pm

The harsh truth is we will miss Gregorak & our program will struggle to overcome this. I would be lying to myself if I said I believe Ioane will be as good of recruiter & DC as who we lost.
I disagree. We will not miss Gregorak. I don't believe Gregorak has ever been known for great recruiting skills while at MSU. I believe Kane has been credited with being a good recruiter. I also believe that you will be pleasantly surprised when our 2019 defense is better than any Gregorak produced for us even with our losses on the D line.
This, all day long.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:08 pm

FTG_1984 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:10 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:05 pm

TG is gone, it's over, and its nobody's business but TG's. Get your own life and quit worrying about other people's lives.
I could give two $hits about "other people's lives". What I worry about is our program going forward.

And whether the reality of it makes you feel warm & fuzzy or not, it is our business. You seem to believe that sweeping all this under the rug will be okay. What I am saying is that is incorrect.
The issue is those “reports” couldn’t be farther from the truth. I don’t care how many people make up a story on other boards, mentioning something like that here that is so unfounded is embarrassingly irresponsible. Football coach or not, this is a man. And a father. And a wife and mother. And it’s complete garbage that people are ok hearing these crap rumors and repeating them.

I don’t care what your sources are. Like others on this board I know these guys personally. Their not some celebrities. They’re just a regular family in our community. And a family that despite all this garbage wants to stay here.

I have stayed out of these asinine threads in regards to Ty because it’s a terrible time right now. But when people start throwing around crap like this about a pretty damn good family I take serious offense.

There’s people who know the real story and it’s nithinb like the garbage being reported on griz message boards or here. It’s nothing more than trying to ruin a family.

Some won’t believe me. Hell, they wouldn’t believe it coming straight from Ty himself. Whatever, believe what you want but unless you’re one million percent positive what you’re saying about this couple it’s probably best to not repeating “collaborated” reports.

Ask colter or his bro brooks what the story is. They won’t tell you but they can most definitely tell you what’s not true...

I’m excited to have Kane back. But losing Ty is tough. I hope he sticks around and has all the success in the world in our community away from the game. And if he gets the itch to get back out there, I have no doubt in my mind he’ll be successful.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:55 pm

FTG_1984 wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

TG is gone, it's over, and its nobody's business but TG's. Get your own life and quit worrying about other people's lives.
I could give two $hits about "other people's lives". What I worry about is our program going forward.

And whether the reality of it makes you feel warm & fuzzy or not, it is our business. You seem to believe that sweeping all this under the rug will be okay. What I am saying is that is incorrect.
For not giving 2 ******, you're sure all about the gossip. Again, get a life dude.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:26 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:08 pm
FTG_1984 wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

The issue is those “reports” couldn’t be farther from the truth. I don’t care how many people make up a story on other boards, mentioning something like that here that is so unfounded is embarrassingly irresponsible. Football coach or not, this is a man. And a father. And a wife and mother. And it’s complete garbage that people are ok hearing these crap rumors and repeating them.

I don’t care what your sources are. Like others on this board I know these guys personally. Their not some celebrities. They’re just a regular family in our community. And a family that despite all this garbage wants to stay here.

I have stayed out of these asinine threads in regards to Ty because it’s a terrible time right now. But when people start throwing around crap like this about a pretty damn good family I take serious offense.

There’s people who know the real story and it’s nithinb like the garbage being reported on griz message boards or here. It’s nothing more than trying to ruin a family.

Some won’t believe me. Hell, they wouldn’t believe it coming straight from Ty himself. Whatever, believe what you want but unless you’re one million percent positive what you’re saying about this couple it’s probably best to not repeating “collaborated” reports.

Ask colter or his bro brooks what the story is. They won’t tell you but they can most definitely tell you what’s not true...

I’m excited to have Kane back. But losing Ty is tough. I hope he sticks around and has all the success in the world in our community away from the game. And if he gets the itch to get back out there, I have no doubt in my mind he’ll be successful.
Great post! FTG 1984 needs to re-examine his personal values. I hope Ty and family are well and will find some financial security in the near future. I know the Cat program is in good hands with Choate and Kane and expect to see continued success in 2019.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:11 pm

DEFFINATELY THE RUMORS ARE NOT TRUE!

I have yet to see a post that even touched the truth. Period. End of story. And I trust where I got the info from.

Ty and Choate are parting on good terms. They are. The people in the know, know this. I question why some loser in his parent's basement on a message board believes a stupid AG1 troll attempt. Remember the guy that doxxed a woman?

Because I know the real reason, it's going to be my personal mission to get every BN thread that ends up with this fake rumor on it, locked. Seriously if any BN admin wants to know the reason PM me but this ****** needs to stop.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:23 pm

We removed them first time these things were posted here and I will continue to do so. Please do not post unconfirmed personal information like that. I don't really care what they "real" story is, this site will not be the one posting rumors that could ruin a man's career and personal life. If and when a confirmed story of what happened is made public then by all means, fair game and discuss away. Until then keep it out of here.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:58 pm

kmax wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:23 pm
We removed them first time these things were posted here and I will continue to do so. Please do not post unconfirmed personal information like that. I don't really care what they "real" story is, this site will not be the one posting rumors that could ruin a man's career and personal life. If and when a confirmed story of what happened is made public then by all means, fair game and discuss away. Until then keep it out of here.
=D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:18 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:58 pm
kmax wrote:
=D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^
YES

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:28 pm

This is a forum for discussion on the Cats. TG no longer works for the Cats. Kane is back.

That’s all I need to know. I think TG did a good job with his time here and I wish him luck in the future, unless he ends up coaching for another Big Sky conference team, then I wish him failure and misery. Atleast when it comes to football.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:22 am

kmax wrote:
Thank you.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:15 am

Damn, there goes my entitlement.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:53 am

kmax wrote:
Thank you!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:23 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:58 pm
kmax wrote:
=D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^
=D^ =D^ =D^

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:43 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:08 pm
FTG_1984 wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:03 pm

Just wanted to add to the incorrect narrative that Kane can't recruit as well as TG. Kane is a master recruiter of Montana and California and it has shown in the past. Talk to the players and you'll agree. They LOVE Kane and I don't blame them. We won't miss a beat on the recruiting trail.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:23 pm

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900 ... state.html

Utah State officially announces the hiring of Coach Orphey. CONGRATULATIONS Coach!!!

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:56 pm

The only video I care to watch is of a goal line stand that was absolutely incredible.

Punters are people too!!