Winter questions/rumors/info.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
User avatar
technoCat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2670
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by technoCat » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:32 am

imacat wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:20 am
I am hearing he was let go.
Why on god's green earth would he be let go? Unless he literally punched someone in the face...


DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

User avatar
WalkOn79
Member # Retired
Posts: 2142
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:47 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:46 am

technoCat wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:32 am
imacat wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:20 am
I am hearing he was let go.
Why on god's green earth would he be let go? Unless he literally punched someone in the face...
I agree that this is complete BS.


"The pride and tradition
of Montana State football
will not be entrusted to
the timid or weak!"

Cliff Hysell, RIP

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9199
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:41 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:46 am
technoCat wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:32 am
imacat wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:20 am
I am hearing he was let go.
Why on god's green earth would he be let go? Unless he literally punched someone in the face...
I agree that this is complete BS.
Let's hold off on judgement on this as we have no idea what happened (myself included). Choate has always heaped praise on Gregorak. I don't think there is any truth to the narrative that he was let go due to performance.



User avatar
Bobcatsinmso
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 627
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:43 pm
Location: Missoula MT, Bozeman MT

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:24 pm

We will all hear about the details when Coach Choate (or Gregorak himself) decides to let us know. He runs a really tight ship when it comes to this sort of information.


Go Cats Go! FTG

User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5689
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by catatac » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:24 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:24 pm
We will all hear about the details when Coach Choate (or Gregorak himself) decides to let us know. He runs a really tight ship when it comes to this sort of information.
Correct. And if we know anything about Choate he is very calculated and deliberate, and he doesn't do something unless there's a damn good reason for it.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8719
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:16 pm

New job posted on the MSU website for an Assistant Coach - Football (defense)

https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/14809


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

gtapp
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4078
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:09 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by gtapp » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:54 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:16 pm
New job posted on the MSU website for an Assistant Coach - Football (defense)

https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/14809
Experience required? Sounds like fun.


Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

User avatar
kennethnoisewater
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1674
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Location: Bigfork, MT

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:57 pm

gtapp wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:54 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:16 pm
New job posted on the MSU website for an Assistant Coach - Football (defense)

https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/14809
Experience required? Sounds like fun.
I was really good at Tecmo Bowl back in about '91, especially on defense. I'm sure that's the kind of experience they're after. I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring.


Image

User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9490
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by CelticCat » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:33 pm

Contact Thijs Goossens. How do you say that name?


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast @RRCatCast

bobcatbob
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1721
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:04 pm

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by bobcatbob » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:10 pm

Rumor is that CB coach Mark Orphey left yesterday. Maybe that's why we have been hearing about Joey Thomas.



User avatar
technoCat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2670
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by technoCat » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:13 pm

What the heck? Was there a throw down brawl at someone's New Year's Eve Party? I can't take all this innuendo and rumor! lol


DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

bobcatbob
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1721
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:04 pm

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by bobcatbob » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:47 pm

Understand Orphey took a position with Utah State. I am sure that is a nice increase in pay. Congratulations Mark! The job posting that some people mentioned is for that position and not the DC.



User avatar
vike_king
Member # Retired
Posts: 2816
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:51 pm
Location: Helena, MT/Chester, MT/Fort Benton, MT

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by vike_king » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:33 pm

The job announcement states that the open position has No supervisory duties. Can't be for the d. Coordinator position.


Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

imacat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 752
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by imacat » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:13 pm

bobcatbob wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:47 pm
Understand Orphey took a position with Utah State. I am sure that is a nice increase in pay. Congratulations Mark! The job posting that some people mentioned is for that position and not the DC.
[/quot

CONGRATULATIONS Coach Orphey!!!
Last edited by imacat on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.



AFCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2052
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:06 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:33 pm
Contact Thijs Goossens. How do you say that name?
Just like it’s spelled! :D



Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

imacat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 752
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by imacat » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:12 pm




User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6805
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Bobcat Football twitter page just started following Erik Frazier who is the current Wide Receiver Coach for Western Illinois.

Here is his twitter page: https://twitter.com/CoachEFraz.
Here is his WIU bio: https://goleathernecks.com/coaches.aspx ... h=football

Usually the Bobcat Football twitter page follows people/players who the Cats are interested in.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8719
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:28 pm

NAU now has an opening for a secondary coach. Hope we got JT locked up.


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

User avatar
seataccat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 938
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Portland or Seattle

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by seataccat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:21 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:22 pm
Bobcat Football twitter page just started following Erik Frazier who is the current Wide Receiver Coach for Western Illinois.

Here is his twitter page: https://twitter.com/CoachEFraz.
Here is his WIU bio: https://goleathernecks.com/coaches.aspx ... h=football

Usually the Bobcat Football twitter page follows people/players who the Cats are interested in.
Why would he be interested in making the lateral move? Would it really be a higher profile or more money?


"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

User avatar
kennethnoisewater
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1674
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Location: Bigfork, MT

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:28 pm

seataccat wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:21 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:22 pm
Bobcat Football twitter page just started following Erik Frazier who is the current Wide Receiver Coach for Western Illinois.

Here is his twitter page: https://twitter.com/CoachEFraz.
Here is his WIU bio: https://goleathernecks.com/coaches.aspx ... h=football

Usually the Bobcat Football twitter page follows people/players who the Cats are interested in.
Why would he be interested in making the lateral move? Would it really be a higher profile or more money?
Never know, could be anything. Could be better money but could be that he wants to be in Montana or likes the coaching staff or the trajectory of the program or the scope of the job or the better potential connections or snow in April or the Pickle Barrel.


Image

Post Reply