Jay Sanderson leaving

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Jay Sanderson leaving

Post by CelticCat » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:35 am

Yikes...

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:46 am

Not a good look for him.

I don't get how people can be that stupid.

Bye Jay, won't miss you.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:55 am

It doesn't look good for him. There are 2 sides to every story.

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:11 am

Since he admitted he sent the texts....wow. You have to be more aware and smarter than that!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:12 am

WeedKillinCat wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:55 am
It doesn't look good for him. There are 2 sides to every story.
Quite frankly, the text messages from him show me enough. He's an idiot. Feel bad for his wife.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:37 am

What the heck! Didn't see any signs of this, but one never knows.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:38 am

First and foremost, I feel for Amie and for Jay's family. The text string is inappropriate, and his response saying the texts were "taken out of context" holds as much water as saying the dog ate your homework or "that's not my weed". That's an admission that he did send the texts, and there's no context that makes some of those messages OK.

Secondarily, I'm hoping there's no trouble for MSU in this. I don't think there should be, but this is almost a year old. I'm afraid this might not be over with the simple hiring of Jay's replacement.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:44 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:11 am
Since he admitted he sent the texts....wow. You have to be more aware and smarter than that!
Not exactly. In one part he says the texts are taken out of context, but in another paragraph, the article states "Sanderson told the investigator he was attempting to obtain copies of his texts with Just directly from Verizon Wireless to confirm what was sent and received".

I'm not doubting the authenticity of the texts provided by the victim - just saying that Sanderson hasn't exactly admitted to those texts.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:00 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:44 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:11 am
Not exactly. In one part he says the texts are taken out of context, but in another paragraph, the article states "Sanderson told the investigator he was attempting to obtain copies of his texts with Just directly from Verizon Wireless to confirm what was sent and received".

I'm not doubting the authenticity of the texts provided by the victim - just saying that Sanderson hasn't exactly admitted to those texts.
You're right, but that's pretty dumb to make a comment at all if there's some chance those texts aren't real.

It seems like he hasn't hired an attorney, because you'd think an attorney would be fielding these questions for him and obtaining texts from Verizon. Maybe he thinks this is no big deal and will go away if he goes away. I'm pretty sure I'd want counsel.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:01 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:38 am
First and foremost, I feel for Amie and for Jay's family. The text string is inappropriate, and his response saying the texts were "taken out of context" holds as much water as saying the dog ate your homework or "that's not my weed". That's an admission that he did send the texts, and there's no context that makes some of those messages OK.

Secondarily, I'm hoping there's no trouble for MSU in this. I don't think there should be, but this is almost a year old. I'm afraid this might not be over with the simple hiring of Jay's replacement.
The texts are bad in regard to his private life and marriage, but context absolutely will play a role in this. We don't know what Just sent him, other than the few shared in the article. It's possible context may turn this from harassment on Jay's part to strictly personal embarrassment for both parties.

It's unbelievable someone of Jay's professional standing would even considering texting those things to another person, let alone another reporter, just not smart at all.

If your left, you aren’t right.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:08 pm

So the article mentions Sanderson being an employee of Learfield sports but MSU has a third-party agreement with Learfield.
Though “The Voice of the Bobcats,” Sanderson technically was employed by Learfield Bobcat Sports Properties, which distributed the release announcing the resignation. MSU has a third-party agreement with Learfield for its play-by-play announcer.
So how involved was MSU in the hiring of Sanderson and how much of a say will they get in finding his replacement?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:15 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:08 pm
So the article mentions Sanderson being an employee of Learfield sports but MSU has a third-party agreement with Learfield.
Though “The Voice of the Bobcats,” Sanderson technically was employed by Learfield Bobcat Sports Properties, which distributed the release announcing the resignation. MSU has a third-party agreement with Learfield for its play-by-play announcer.
So how involved was MSU in the hiring of Sanderson and how much of a say will they get in finding his replacement?
I think it's a safe assumption that MSU has a significant role in hiring "The Voice of the Bobcats"

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Just waiting on the griz fanboys to chime in about how this is a disaster for the university and the football team.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:24 pm

On the issue of the texts, both Jay and Amie's texts need to be seen in full conversation strings to see the real context. The article mentioned that one of Amie's replies was "I f***ing hate you." That could be taken a couple ways depending on the rest of the conversation. I've heard people playfully say they hate someone when they are being given a hard time, and I've heard people say it and obviously mean it.

To be clear I'm not sticking up for Jay or saying he did or didn't do anything wrong, just saying that not everything is out there and there's always more to things. Just a bad deal all around though.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:37 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:15 pm
RobertCats wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:08 pm
I think it's a safe assumption that MSU has a significant role in hiring "The Voice of the Bobcats"
Well....Not really. MSU will have some say, but not "Significant". This may change that, but it is up to Learfield to find the announcer. they are the ones that send out the search for a new person, and they are the ones that review and pick the "finalists" from there, MSU may have some say in it, but until that point, they don't. I know this from my media dealings with them. When I wanted to interview Jay, I had to go through Learfield, but when I want to interview a player, I go through MSU...That may change with the next hire, but as of now, that is the process as I know it.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:28 pm

Anyone know who called the Men’s BB game last night? Thought he did a pretty good job, some awkward moments but that is usually the case when there is no color guy and you are basically having a conversation with yourself.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:29 pm

Has nobody seen the Billings Gazette regarding Sanderson?

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:30 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:38 am
It seems to me that MSU was entirely appropriate in its handling of the matter. It received the report in September and immediately began conducting the investigation of the alleged incidents. Where schools get in trouble with stuff like this is when they try to cover up reports or allegations to try and protect people or sweep things under the rug.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:32 pm

Cledus wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:29 pm
Posted on page 1 at the bottom.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:36 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:32 pm
Cledus wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:29 pm
Posted on page 1 at the bottom.
I've been away all morning and just now got a computer turned on and started making my normal sweep of frequent websites. I thought this would have blown up on here. I'm surprised by the muted reaction.

Those text messages the Gazette quoted don't seem like they could have any other context.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.