Murray

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3778
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Murray

Post by iaafan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm
Good point and spot on. Also he can be a solid backup/ emergency QB if the situation arises. We can use his talents on the Offense, another great weapon and headache for opposing defenses. Nothing but positive if he can make the team and stay on it again. Get after it Mr Murray! =D^
As of right now he’s the best bet at starting quarterback. Rovig, Bauman and Beltran are all shooting for him. We’ll see how it goes.



User avatar
Bobcatsinmso
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:43 pm
Location: Missoula MT, Bozeman MT

Re: Murray

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:35 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm
Good point and spot on. Also he can be a solid backup/ emergency QB if the situation arises. We can use his talents on the Offense, another great weapon and headache for opposing defenses. Nothing but positive if he can make the team and stay on it again. Get after it Mr Murray! =D^
As of right now he’s the best bet at starting quarterback. Rovig, Bauman and Beltran are all shooting for him. We’ll see how it goes.
Another good statement, I am not sure I 100% agree with Murray as the best bet yet, but like you said, we will see how it goes. No matter what having him back on the team only makes the Bobcats better IMO.


I don't always talk to University of Missoula graduates, but when I do I usually order fries.
Character Accountability Toughness State #beattheskyownthestate ESG-GCG FTG #oveRTD

The MICKSTER
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:55 pm

Re: Murray

Post by The MICKSTER » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:35 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm
Good point and spot on. Also he can be a solid backup/ emergency QB if the situation arises. We can use his talents on the Offense, another great weapon and headache for opposing defenses. Nothing but positive if he can make the team and stay on it again. Get after it Mr Murray! =D^
As of right now he’s the best bet at starting quarterback. Rovig, Bauman and Beltran are all shooting for him. We’ll see how it goes.
Another good statement, I am not sure I 100% agree with Murray as the best bet yet, but like you said, we will see how it goes. No matter what having him back on the team only makes the Bobcats better IMO.
It will be interesting to see IF Murray is back on the team come summer. IF, and that is a very big IF, then we will have 3 'Wildcat' QB's on the roster; Murray, Jonsen, Andersen, IF one of them isn't the starter. I agree it will only make the Bobcats better and I wish him well in making it happen.

So here's a question for ya.....IF Bauman (or someone not named Murray, Jonsen or Andersen) is our starter......which of those three would get the most snaps in the Wildcat? I would guess Murray, because if Andersen is starting at LB and Murray is on the roster I could see the need for Andersen in the Wildcat is diminished, and, I'm guessing that since Jonsen didn't pass much at all this past season Murray would be more of a threat to pass, and thus Murray would get the most 'Wildcat' snaps. I hope it's a problem the coaching staff has.



ilovethecats
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Murray

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:12 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:52 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:35 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm
Good point and spot on. Also he can be a solid backup/ emergency QB if the situation arises. We can use his talents on the Offense, another great weapon and headache for opposing defenses. Nothing but positive if he can make the team and stay on it again. Get after it Mr Murray! =D^
As of right now he’s the best bet at starting quarterback. Rovig, Bauman and Beltran are all shooting for him. We’ll see how it goes.
Another good statement, I am not sure I 100% agree with Murray as the best bet yet, but like you said, we will see how it goes. No matter what having him back on the team only makes the Bobcats better IMO.
It will be interesting to see IF Murray is back on the team come summer. IF, and that is a very big IF, then we will have 3 'Wildcat' QB's on the roster; Murray, Jonsen, Andersen, IF one of them isn't the starter. I agree it will only make the Bobcats better and I wish him well in making it happen.

So here's a question for ya.....IF Bauman (or someone not named Murray, Jonsen or Andersen) is our starter......which of those three would get the most snaps in the Wildcat? I would guess Murray, because if Andersen is starting at LB and Murray is on the roster I could see the need for Andersen in the Wildcat is diminished, and, I'm guessing that since Jonsen didn't pass much at all this past season Murray would be more of a threat to pass, and thus Murray would get the most 'Wildcat' snaps. I hope it's a problem the coaching staff has.
why do you think it's a big IF, if murray will be on the team this summer?



User avatar
allcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7308
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Location: 90 miles from Nirvana (Bobcat Stadium)

Re: Murray

Post by allcat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:17 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:22 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:55 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:42 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:19 pm
surprised nobody has mentioned this.... but I would LOVE to see Murray as the punt and kickoff return guy. I think he could be a game changer at those positions.
He's fast enough, that's for sure. But the ones who really do well at that are about half crazy...not afraid of anything. You have to have the skill set and the mentality. I don't know for sure but he almost seems too laid back for that.
Plus you have to be essentially perfect at catching kicks. I dropped punt is much more damaging that a dropped 5 yard pass. It would be great to have someone that fast running back kicks but he'd have to prove he can handle step 1 first.
Prove it? No way. Just run him out there as the return man without doing it once at practice.
Yes, trial by fire. As the wise Allen Iverson said, It's just practice.


Joining the whiners club till we never lose a game again.

The MICKSTER
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:55 pm

Re: Murray

Post by The MICKSTER » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:32 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:12 pm
The MICKSTER wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:52 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:35 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm
Good point and spot on. Also he can be a solid backup/ emergency QB if the situation arises. We can use his talents on the Offense, another great weapon and headache for opposing defenses. Nothing but positive if he can make the team and stay on it again. Get after it Mr Murray! =D^
As of right now he’s the best bet at starting quarterback. Rovig, Bauman and Beltran are all shooting for him. We’ll see how it goes.
Another good statement, I am not sure I 100% agree with Murray as the best bet yet, but like you said, we will see how it goes. No matter what having him back on the team only makes the Bobcats better IMO.
It will be interesting to see IF Murray is back on the team come summer. IF, and that is a very big IF, then we will have 3 'Wildcat' QB's on the roster; Murray, Jonsen, Andersen, IF one of them isn't the starter. I agree it will only make the Bobcats better and I wish him well in making it happen.

So here's a question for ya.....IF Bauman (or someone not named Murray, Jonsen or Andersen) is our starter......which of those three would get the most snaps in the Wildcat? I would guess Murray, because if Andersen is starting at LB and Murray is on the roster I could see the need for Andersen in the Wildcat is diminished, and, I'm guessing that since Jonsen didn't pass much at all this past season Murray would be more of a threat to pass, and thus Murray would get the most 'Wildcat' snaps. I hope it's a problem the coaching staff has.
why do you think it's a big IF, if murray will be on the team this summer?
Because he couldn't make the academic standards when he was on the team, which I believe comes with some kind of academic/tutoring assistance, so to assume he'll make it now is unrealistic. I hope he does make it back on the team, not only for the teams sake but for him personally as well. It appears that he has done all the right things so far, but it is far from a done deal though. I wish him the best of luck.



User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9345
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: Murray

Post by CelticCat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:05 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:32 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:12 pm
The MICKSTER wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:52 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:35 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm
Good point and spot on. Also he can be a solid backup/ emergency QB if the situation arises. We can use his talents on the Offense, another great weapon and headache for opposing defenses. Nothing but positive if he can make the team and stay on it again. Get after it Mr Murray! =D^
As of right now he’s the best bet at starting quarterback. Rovig, Bauman and Beltran are all shooting for him. We’ll see how it goes.
Another good statement, I am not sure I 100% agree with Murray as the best bet yet, but like you said, we will see how it goes. No matter what having him back on the team only makes the Bobcats better IMO.
It will be interesting to see IF Murray is back on the team come summer. IF, and that is a very big IF, then we will have 3 'Wildcat' QB's on the roster; Murray, Jonsen, Andersen, IF one of them isn't the starter. I agree it will only make the Bobcats better and I wish him well in making it happen.

So here's a question for ya.....IF Bauman (or someone not named Murray, Jonsen or Andersen) is our starter......which of those three would get the most snaps in the Wildcat? I would guess Murray, because if Andersen is starting at LB and Murray is on the roster I could see the need for Andersen in the Wildcat is diminished, and, I'm guessing that since Jonsen didn't pass much at all this past season Murray would be more of a threat to pass, and thus Murray would get the most 'Wildcat' snaps. I hope it's a problem the coaching staff has.
why do you think it's a big IF, if murray will be on the team this summer?
Because he couldn't make the academic standards when he was on the team, which I believe comes with some kind of academic/tutoring assistance, so to assume he'll make it now is unrealistic. I hope he does make it back on the team, not only for the teams sake but for him personally as well. It appears that he has done all the right things so far, but it is far from a done deal though. I wish him the best of luck.
Unrealistic? I had terrible grades my first 3 semesters, took a semester off to get my sh*t together, came back and ended up making the Dean's List.

Murray wouldn't be the only kid to leave college due to academic issues only to come back and succeed.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - @rrcatcast

ilovethecats
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Murray

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:09 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:32 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:12 pm
The MICKSTER wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:52 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:35 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm
Good point and spot on. Also he can be a solid backup/ emergency QB if the situation arises. We can use his talents on the Offense, another great weapon and headache for opposing defenses. Nothing but positive if he can make the team and stay on it again. Get after it Mr Murray! =D^
As of right now he’s the best bet at starting quarterback. Rovig, Bauman and Beltran are all shooting for him. We’ll see how it goes.
Another good statement, I am not sure I 100% agree with Murray as the best bet yet, but like you said, we will see how it goes. No matter what having him back on the team only makes the Bobcats better IMO.
It will be interesting to see IF Murray is back on the team come summer. IF, and that is a very big IF, then we will have 3 'Wildcat' QB's on the roster; Murray, Jonsen, Andersen, IF one of them isn't the starter. I agree it will only make the Bobcats better and I wish him well in making it happen.

So here's a question for ya.....IF Bauman (or someone not named Murray, Jonsen or Andersen) is our starter......which of those three would get the most snaps in the Wildcat? I would guess Murray, because if Andersen is starting at LB and Murray is on the roster I could see the need for Andersen in the Wildcat is diminished, and, I'm guessing that since Jonsen didn't pass much at all this past season Murray would be more of a threat to pass, and thus Murray would get the most 'Wildcat' snaps. I hope it's a problem the coaching staff has.
why do you think it's a big IF, if murray will be on the team this summer?
Because he couldn't make the academic standards when he was on the team, which I believe comes with some kind of academic/tutoring assistance, so to assume he'll make it now is unrealistic. I hope he does make it back on the team, not only for the teams sake but for him personally as well. It appears that he has done all the right things so far, but it is far from a done deal though. I wish him the best of luck.
Gotcha.

I disagree simply because I saw many kids when I was in college, myself included, who did awful our first few semesters in school and ended up graduating and being just fine. As a matter of fact I have two buddies, one now a doctor and one now a lawyer who were bigger screwups than me! And we weren't trying to juggle division 1 sports!

I think it's VERY realistic that he can be just fine in school. Just like the countless students that struggle their first year or two before being very successful, both in school and in career.



User avatar
kennethnoisewater
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1576
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Location: Bigfork, MT

Re: Murray

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:10 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:05 pm
The MICKSTER wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:32 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:12 pm
The MICKSTER wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:52 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:35 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm
Good point and spot on. Also he can be a solid backup/ emergency QB if the situation arises. We can use his talents on the Offense, another great weapon and headache for opposing defenses. Nothing but positive if he can make the team and stay on it again. Get after it Mr Murray! =D^
As of right now he’s the best bet at starting quarterback. Rovig, Bauman and Beltran are all shooting for him. We’ll see how it goes.
Another good statement, I am not sure I 100% agree with Murray as the best bet yet, but like you said, we will see how it goes. No matter what having him back on the team only makes the Bobcats better IMO.
It will be interesting to see IF Murray is back on the team come summer. IF, and that is a very big IF, then we will have 3 'Wildcat' QB's on the roster; Murray, Jonsen, Andersen, IF one of them isn't the starter. I agree it will only make the Bobcats better and I wish him well in making it happen.

So here's a question for ya.....IF Bauman (or someone not named Murray, Jonsen or Andersen) is our starter......which of those three would get the most snaps in the Wildcat? I would guess Murray, because if Andersen is starting at LB and Murray is on the roster I could see the need for Andersen in the Wildcat is diminished, and, I'm guessing that since Jonsen didn't pass much at all this past season Murray would be more of a threat to pass, and thus Murray would get the most 'Wildcat' snaps. I hope it's a problem the coaching staff has.
why do you think it's a big IF, if murray will be on the team this summer?
Because he couldn't make the academic standards when he was on the team, which I believe comes with some kind of academic/tutoring assistance, so to assume he'll make it now is unrealistic. I hope he does make it back on the team, not only for the teams sake but for him personally as well. It appears that he has done all the right things so far, but it is far from a done deal though. I wish him the best of luck.
Unrealistic? I had terrible grades my first 3 semesters, took a semester off to get my sh*t together, came back and ended up making the Dean's List.

Murray wouldn't be the only kid to leave college due to academic issues only to come back and succeed.
And when most kids have academic issues it isn't because they're not smart enough to get good grades. If Chris Murray figured out how to run a Division I offense, he's smart enough to pass his classes. He just needed a wake-up call.


Image

User avatar
mslacatfan
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3862
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: Murray

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:27 pm

different situation... but Bobby Daly is a great example.... he definitely made the most of his 2nd chance, or comeback, or whatever you want to call it.


FTG- GO CATS GO!

bobcat99
Member # Retired
Posts: 2680
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Murray

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:31 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:27 pm
different situation... but Bobby Daly is a great example.... he definitely made the most of his 2nd chance, or comeback, or whatever you want to call it.
Brad, not Bobby.



User avatar
mslacatfan
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3862
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: Murray

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:38 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:31 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:27 pm
different situation... but Bobby Daly is a great example.... he definitely made the most of his 2nd chance, or comeback, or whatever you want to call it.
Brad, not Bobby.

Oops, yup, that’s what I meant


FTG- GO CATS GO!

onceacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1368
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: Murray

Post by onceacat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:05 pm
The MICKSTER wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:32 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:12 pm
The MICKSTER wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:52 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:35 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm
Good point and spot on. Also he can be a solid backup/ emergency QB if the situation arises. We can use his talents on the Offense, another great weapon and headache for opposing defenses. Nothing but positive if he can make the team and stay on it again. Get after it Mr Murray! =D^
As of right now he’s the best bet at starting quarterback. Rovig, Bauman and Beltran are all shooting for him. We’ll see how it goes.
Another good statement, I am not sure I 100% agree with Murray as the best bet yet, but like you said, we will see how it goes. No matter what having him back on the team only makes the Bobcats better IMO.
It will be interesting to see IF Murray is back on the team come summer. IF, and that is a very big IF, then we will have 3 'Wildcat' QB's on the roster; Murray, Jonsen, Andersen, IF one of them isn't the starter. I agree it will only make the Bobcats better and I wish him well in making it happen.

So here's a question for ya.....IF Bauman (or someone not named Murray, Jonsen or Andersen) is our starter......which of those three would get the most snaps in the Wildcat? I would guess Murray, because if Andersen is starting at LB and Murray is on the roster I could see the need for Andersen in the Wildcat is diminished, and, I'm guessing that since Jonsen didn't pass much at all this past season Murray would be more of a threat to pass, and thus Murray would get the most 'Wildcat' snaps. I hope it's a problem the coaching staff has.
why do you think it's a big IF, if murray will be on the team this summer?
Because he couldn't make the academic standards when he was on the team, which I believe comes with some kind of academic/tutoring assistance, so to assume he'll make it now is unrealistic. I hope he does make it back on the team, not only for the teams sake but for him personally as well. It appears that he has done all the right things so far, but it is far from a done deal though. I wish him the best of luck.
Unrealistic? I had terrible grades my first 3 semesters, took a semester off to get my sh*t together, came back and ended up making the Dean's List.

Murray wouldn't be the only kid to leave college due to academic issues only to come back and succeed.
Professors at D1 schools don't flunk the starting QB. It just doesn't happen. The only way Chris got into the problems he got into was by skipping class and not turning in work. If a football player shows up to class and turns in his work, he's going to make grades. If Chris has made the decision to treat classes & homework as mandatory, he's fine. If he quits going to class again, he's going to be in trouble, simple as that.

The fact that he worked his way back tells me everything I need to know. He's going to be fine.



User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6028
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: Murray

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 pm

onceacat wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 pm
Professors at D1 schools don't flunk the starting QB. It just doesn't happen.



Post Reply