Hero Sports Newcomer of the Year

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Hero Sports Newcomer of the Year

Post by LIBBYCAT » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:31 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:32 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:03 pm
LIBBYCAT wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:52 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:39 pm
LIBBYCAT wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:30 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:11 pm
It’ll be Sneed in a landslide. It’s a fan vote. This McLaughlin guy doesn’t know he transferred to UM from a JC.
Meaning he shouldn’t be Newcomer of the Year? What does that have to do with anything. He won the Newcomer of the Year for the Big Sky
Dude had more turnovers than most teams? If that makes him popular, I guess, whatever.
He threw 7 picks (to 22 TDs) ....the same # of picks as Troy Andersen. Are you referring to fumbles? How many did he have, like 3? I’m amazed at how many he actually held onto with the hits the OL gave up.
Sneed
7 picks, 4-fumbles.
Rushing att. 131
Passing att. 384

Andersen
6-Picks, 2-fumbles
Rushing att. 147
Passing att.150

Comparing turnovers without using carries and pass attempts isn’t taking in the whole picture.
My point was newcomer of the year shouldn’t be based on who has more fans but should be based on performance.
Agree, which is why Sneed won the official Big Sky Newcomer of the Year, because he was damn impressive and put up damn good numbers. This Hero Sports one is more just for fun, a fan voted newcomer of the year, defensive player of the year, etc. It doesn’t have any official weight to it and is not an official FCS award.
Wait a minute here! The stats I've seen show Andersen rushing att. 206 times and passing att. 208 times

Not that it really matters in this thread but we might as well get the numbers right while we're at it.
Games 1-11 as Sneed wasn’t in playoffs so it’s comparable.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:11 pm

I see what you're saying Libbycat. On the other hand TA was out for 2 games during the regular season.

It's all pretty much picking nits and makes less than a hill of beans difference but it's the offseason so we haven't much more to do.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Cat8191
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cat8191 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:33 pm

I guess I'm going to help derail this thread but, looking at the voting, it's a moot topic for the Big Sky anyway.
I don't like Andersen being at QB myself but you have to admit that Sneed's not even in the same category when it comes to being a QB that goes out and wins games. Against four common opponents and a head to head, TA is 5-0 and Sneed is 2-3. Otherwise, other than surprising UNI in the first game of the year, um played scrubs. Other than beating UNCU, MSU played the pinnacle of the FCS. That was bound to skew the QB stats away from Andersen.