New quarterback

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Woodenshoe
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: New quarterback

Post by Woodenshoe » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:57 pm

Dang. I was really excited about the thought Gresch playing for us. :(

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:16 pm

That is really to bad. I was hoping our staff could work their recruiting magic on this one, but reuniting with your former coach and system was to hard to pass on, I'm sure. Does anybody know the official status on Murray? Is he back in Bozeman or is that just a bunch of gossip?

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:32 pm

Gresch would have been a good pickup, but I still think we can find someone better and won’t have the past history that Gresch would have brought with.

Punters are people too!!

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:35 pm

Jensen to our Cats would have put this team as a Top 5 team next year....best of luck to Gresch and the Bobcats to the south!

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:36 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:41 pm
seataccat wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:09 pm
If Chris Murry comes back he should be our guy.
I felt that way partway through the season, because midseason Andersen made me miss Murray's throwing ability, something I never thought I'd say.

However now after 3 seasons of offenses that have had to be tailored to the limitations of the the QB running them, I'm ready for a guy who can throw the rock. I'm not saying I want a pass happy offense, but we at the very least need a game manager type QB.

If Murray comes back and wins the job, it will be because he has improved substantially since his sophomore season, which he very well could.
Hadn't he shown quite a bit if improvement in his passing ability? Don't you think another year and he will improve even more? If he comes back I think he will be tough to beat out from what I have seen of Rovig, but who knows.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:44 pm

Well, I do have to give props to Gresch for his expert trolling of griz fans with that picture of him wearing an MSU uniform. That was awesome! :lol:

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:36 pm

About time that Stitt finally beat Coach Choate at something, because he sure couldn't beat him on the football field!

GO CATS GO!!!

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:45 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:44 pm
Well, I do have to give props to Gresch for his expert trolling of griz fans with that picture of him wearing an MSU uniform. That was awesome! :lol:
Trolled you guys just as effectively. Got a lot of you thinking he was coming here for sure. Gresch got both our teams pretty good.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:50 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:45 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:44 pm
Trolled you guys just as effectively. Got a lot of you thinking he was coming here for sure. Gresch got both our teams pretty good.
See, I trolled the griz fans with my comment and it worked! :D

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

KHaslam
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by KHaslam » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:50 pm

I want you guys to get Gresch Jensen, I really really really hope this happens.

Don't take my word for it, take the Missoulians!

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by LIBBYCAT » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:15 pm

Do you just come here to do your best asshat dance? He committed to Texas State. Pay attention.

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:46 pm

KHaslam wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:50 pm
Didn't the griz lose to Portland for homecoming?

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:51 pm

Not surprised that he’d go with Stitt, but Texas State has a ways to go. I don’t see them playing a lot of meaningful games the next two years.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:23 pm

KHaslam wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:50 pm
As always, a day late... 8)

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:31 pm

Texas State has several young qbs who have played. I wonder what the odds that Jensen starts are.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Long Time Cat

Post by Long Time Cat » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:37 pm

seataccat wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:36 pm
CelticCat wrote:
seataccat wrote:
I felt that way partway through the season, because midseason Andersen made me miss Murray's throwing ability, something I never thought I'd say.

However now after 3 seasons of offenses that have had to be tailored to the limitations of the the QB running them, I'm ready for a guy who can throw the rock. I'm not saying I want a pass happy offense, but we at the very least need a game manager type QB.

If Murray comes back and wins the job, it will be because he has improved substantially since his sophomore season, which he very well could in his second start.
Hadn't he shown quite a bit if improvement in his passing ability? Don't you think another year and he will improve even more? If he comes back I think he will be tough to beat out from what I have seen of Rovig, but who knows.
Not sure what you mean by this. I thought Rovig looked pretty good in his second start.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:39 am

Long Time Cat wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:37 pm
seataccat wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
seataccat wrote:

If Murray comes back and wins the job, it will be because he has improved substantially since his sophomore season, which he very well could in his second start.
Not sure what you mean by this. I thought Rovig looked pretty good in his second start.
Rovig played great in his second game. The knock has been that he has not exhibited to date unquestioned "leadership skills" on the team. That said, I believe any kid who gets comfortable in his position and sees success will begin to command respect, leadership, etc from his teammates...so long as he doesn't make it about him!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:09 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:39 am
Long Time Cat wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:37 pm
seataccat wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
seataccat wrote:

Rovig played great in his second game. The knock has been that he has not exhibited to date unquestioned "leadership skills" on the team. That said, I believe any kid who gets comfortable in his position and sees success will begin to command respect, leadership, etc from his teammates...so long as he doesn't make it about him!
Rovig did a good job of trusting his WRs in the second half of the SDSU game and vs. Wagner. He doesn’t have a very strong arm and sails passes.

He did well enough that he was going to start the Idaho game, but then suffered the fluke injury. Hard to say what happens if Rovig doesn’t get hurt. As it turned out an OC change was made and MSU took off offensively (increasing total yards per game by over 100 yards) over the last six games.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:02 am

Anacomando wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:35 pm
Jensen to our Cats would have put this team as a Top 5 team next year....best of luck to Gresch and the Bobcats to the south!

He would have made a significant impact next year.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:17 am

@VimSince03

This probably isnt the right thread. But, how is the class shaping up? Is Choate and company still recruiting at the levels they have the past few years or are they starting to slip? I am only basing that off of the fact the Jensen did not sign with the Cats and that we only have 15 verbals. However, I really dont know how many open slots the Cats need to fill with this class. Thoughts?

Hating the griz since 02.