To all of Bobcat Nation!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BisonBacker
BobcatNation Redshirt

To all of Bobcat Nation!

Post by BisonBacker » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:25 am

I hope all Bobcat fans who made it to Fargo for the game (outside of the final score) had a great time while here and were treated with hospitality and respect. Even though the message board banter can get to be a bit much I know in person the Bison fans enjoy very much meeting and visiting with fellow fans. I met several Bobcat fans in the tailgate and had a good time.
Have a Merry Christmas to all of Bobcat Nation.
BB

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: To all of Bobcat Nation!

Post by 84CatGrad » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:48 am

Thanks BB. Your team is impressive, to say the least. Good luck the rest of the way.

Class C Bobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Class C Bobcat » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:32 pm

Bison Backer
The hospitality and fans were exceptional, we wondered around the tailgate for two hours and every Bison fan we encountered was great and welcoming. My wife is a NDSU undergrad, so we have lots of Bison friends and have attended numerous games over the years since it is close for us. We of course heard many snickering comments about the buyout which I was expecting. I was hoping for a closer game but readily admitted before hand we were big underdogs. I realize a lot of your vocal fans looked at this as a warm up game hoping for JMU but settled for Colgate. It was a spanking from the get go, but certainly gives us a vision of what we continue to strive for in program credibility. It is a level the Griz were at 10 years ago and still believe they are at (NOT). Couldn't resist a shot across the divide. Good luck on the way back to Frisco, we will continue to get better and hope to meet again in the future.

Nothing beats 5000+ students cheering Poooooor Grizzzzzzlies in the stands!

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:16 pm

BisonBacker wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:25 am
I hope all Bobcat fans who made it to Fargo for the game (outside of the final score) had a great time while here and were treated with hospitality and respect. Even though the message board banter can get to be a bit much I know in person the Bison fans enjoy very much meeting and visiting with fellow fans. I met several Bobcat fans in the tailgate and had a good time.
BB
Everyone was great and welcoming. Only one little boy tried to talk trash right after we took our seats but he was shushed by a lady sitting next to him.......pretty funny. I knew about Minnesota nice, saw a lot of North Dakota nice.

Turns out the NDSU lady sitting next to my son graduated from Denton, Mt. and is an old friend of Bobcat Great Wayne Edwards...

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

FMFP_PHOTO
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by FMFP_PHOTO » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:59 am

Thanks BB,

The ride from Bozeman to Fargo is long and challenging but worthwhile for sure. Thanks for the kind words about my work. If you send me your address I will be happy to send you a copy of the 2018 Bobcat Football Magazine — Review & Preview. or feel free to check it out online here:

www.bobcatmagazines.com

NDSU's team is impressive had a chance to chat with #91 DE Derrek Tuszka, impressive young man, meet his parents as well at the hotel as well.

Great experience from the Fargodome and the city of Fargo, from players, parents and fans alike.

Cheers, Felix

www.felixmarquez.com

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:54 am

Really want to go next time, when we're a seed and it's in the quarters or semis. :D You guys were as advertised! Hopefully this is the start of a new playoff rivalry for the Cats and Bizon.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Catfanatic84

Post by Catfanatic84 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:52 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:54 am
Really want to go next time, when we're a seed and it's in the quarters or semis. :D You guys were as advertised! Hopefully this is the start of a new playoff rivalry for the Cats and Bizon.
Agreed....now that the 2013 buyout demons have been exorcised, I'd like to see a home and home series scheduled for these two teams. Would be a fun game for Gold Rush!

FTG_1984
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FTG_1984 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:12 am

BisonBacker wrote:
BB
Thank you BB. Merry Christmas to Bison Nation as well, even though your Oline grabbed & held the schitt out of us the entire 1st qtr. We forgive you, as Our Savior teaches us to. Until next time.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:33 pm

BisonBacker wrote:
BB
Thanks BB. Had a great time. Good visits with folks at the pub the night before and welcomed into multiple tailgates. From my perspective, maybe the most welcoming environment I had been at for an away game. Hope we reciprocate in kind some day.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:00 pm

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:52 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:54 am
Agreed....now that the 2013 buyout demons have been exorcised, I'd like to see a home and home series scheduled for these two teams. Would be a fun game for Gold Rush!
We probably need to go there first this time though😀

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz