NDSU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: NDSU

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Reading is hard for Bison trolls apparently.

BisonBacker
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BisonBacker » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:23 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:17 pm
Well that's not answering the question, again.

I guarantee you haven't seen a QB like Troy Andersen. That doesn't mean he is the best QB you've ever faced, it doesn't mean he's some unstoppable juggernaut. It just means he is an extremely unique QB and I don't think many teams in the country at the FBS or FCS level have a style of offense like we have. Every opposing coach interview I've listened to says about the same thing. If you can find me an example of a team that has a QB situation and offense like ours, I'll wait.
You want to talk in hyperbole and not facts that can be compared and I can't help you with that. Now you see why Bison fans just shake their heads at comments like these. We've heard it all before the "you've never seen .....fill in the blank" I guess you've got to have something to hang your Hope's on I get it but Saturday your fantasyland meets reality.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:34 pm

You just don't get it. I'm not even saying Troy Andersen is good. I'm saying he is a converted LB who can't really throw and we built an offense around that which includes QB power. We've ran some sing-wing sets this year. It's very uncommon in today's football. But when I say single-wing you probably think of the one chicken wing left on your plate at Buffalo Wild Wings.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:42 pm

BisonBacker wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:23 pm
CelticCat wrote:

I guarantee you haven't seen a QB like Troy Andersen. That doesn't mean he is the best QB you've ever faced, it doesn't mean he's some unstoppable juggernaut. It just means he is an extremely unique QB and I don't think many teams in the country at the FBS or FCS level have a style of offense like we have. Every opposing coach interview I've listened to says about the same thing. If you can find me an example of a team that has a QB situation and offense like ours, I'll wait.
You want to talk in hyperbole and not facts that can be compared and I can't help you with that. Now you see why Bison fans just shake their heads at comments like these. We've heard it all before the "you've never seen .....fill in the blank" I guess you've got to have something to hang your Hope's on I get it but Saturday your fantasyland meets reality.
Is it hyperbolic to ask if you have faced a back like Ifanse who doesn't go down unless 4 guys are on him for 3 or 4 yards? No it's a simple question have you seen that the last couple years or no?

But you won't answer it because you are an arrogant fan who thinks his teams success somehow reflects on him. Take a page out of your coach's play book and learn a little humility. There's more than NDSU players on the field this weekend.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:49 pm

I thought he came over here to talk football in good faith. I think it's pretty clear now that he just came to bask in reflected glory.

BisonBacker
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BisonBacker » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:57 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:42 pm
BisonBacker wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:23 pm
CelticCat wrote:

Is it hyperbolic to ask if you have faced a back like Ifanse who doesn't go down unless 4 guys are on him for 3 or 4 yards? No it's a simple question have you seen that the last couple years or no?

But you won't answer it because you are an arrogant fan who thinks his teams success somehow reflects on him. Take a page out of your coach's play book and learn a little humility. There's more than NDSU players on the field this weekend.
Wow talk about arrogant and sensitive. How NDSU plays win or lose reflects exactly 0% on me. Yes I am a fan but win or lose my life goes on just fine. You better seek psychiatric counseling because it sounds like you need it.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:59 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:34 pm
You just don't get it. I'm not even saying Troy Andersen is good. I'm saying he is a converted LB who can't really throw and we built an offense around that which includes QB power. We've ran some sing-wing sets this year. It's very uncommon in today's football. But when I say single-wing you probably think of the one chicken wing left on your plate at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Maybe the question we should ask is, have you played a team that regularly runs QB power plays? Not just in special conditions but regularly and in different down and distanced from anywhere on the field. I cant think of another team that does this like we do.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:08 pm

Chris Klieman joined us yesterday on Tootell and Nuanez.

BisonBacker
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BisonBacker » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:29 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:59 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Maybe the question we should ask is, have you played a team that regularly runs QB power plays? Not just in special conditions but regularly and in different down and distanced from anywhere on the field. I cant think of another team that does this like we do.
No I don't think we have or if we have I don't recall. Either way it seems like you are laying all your hopes on primarily one player (Anderson) which generally doesn't work out to well. I believe you guys have a good team I'm not knocking them. It just seems some Bobcat fans want Bison fans to be in awe of him (just the thing many are taking offense to from Bison Fans because of NDSU's PROVEN SUCCESS) and as has been pointed out by myself and others that's a tune we've heard over and over. The best part of it all is it gets settled on the field not in a pissing match on any message boards. But to conflate a fans posting on a message board and the team he supports to his self worth is a new one I"ve not seen. To that dude please get some help seriously because if you really believe that you need it. To the rest of Bobcat nation who doesn't take this all to seriously.. enjoy the game and the leadup to it and if I've spoiled your fun my apologies. I'll check out.

nomismas
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by nomismas » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:10 pm

Last edited by nomismas on Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:44 pm

BisonBacker wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:29 pm
cats2506 wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
No I don't think we have or if we have I don't recall. Either way it seems like you are laying all your hopes on primarily one player (Anderson) which generally doesn't work out to well. I believe you guys have a good team I'm not knocking them. It just seems some Bobcat fans want Bison fans to be in awe of him (just the thing many are taking offense to from Bison Fans because of NDSU's PROVEN SUCCESS) and as has been pointed out by myself and others that's a tune we've heard over and over. The best part of it all is it gets settled on the field not in a pissing match on any message boards. But to conflate a fans posting on a message board and the team he supports to his self worth is a new one I"ve not seen. To that dude please get some help seriously because if you really believe that you need it. To the rest of Bobcat nation who doesn't take this all to seriously.. enjoy the game and the leadup to it and if I've spoiled your fun my apologies. I'll check out.
Well TA is a key part of our offense, but he is the "shiny object". Your choices are twofold. You either gameplan for him which opens up other playmakers, or you decide that he really isn't that great so you play base or a normal defensive presentations. We have had teams do both. Now maybe our playmakers arn't at NDSU's level, (we have heard about them adnauseam) but ours are pretty good in their own right, and they will fight until the end and wont quit.

I don't think you can find a single factor in this game that is in our favor, and common logic says this should easily be a 21 point or more win by NDSU. But if you think the Bobcats are not going to Fargo intending to win and that NDSU can just mail it in then you might be in for a surprise.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:52 pm

Well, if you listen to Colter talk about how physical the bison are Montana State shouldn't even board the plane

The bison o-line averages 6'5 305, and what's Montana State o-line average 6'5 300? Big deal =D^

I'll take the 29 point underdogs to easily cover in this game =D^

Bobcat fans you will not be disappointed when this game is over =D^ =D^ =D^

BizonProud
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BizonProud » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:03 pm

cats2506 wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
No one has ever seen a team like yours, or players of that caliber, or an offensive line that good. All those years we've been winning Championships it was against ****** teams compared to yours!!! Hahahaha..... cant wait to hear the excuses after the game..."they deserved it the way we played", or one of the hundreds of others. All going down Saturday... hahaha

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:13 pm

BizonProud wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:03 pm
cats2506 wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
No one has ever seen a team like yours, or players of that caliber, or an offensive line that good. All those years we've been winning Championships it was against ****** teams compared to yours!!! Hahahaha..... cant wait to hear the excuses after the game..."they deserved it the way we played", or one of the hundreds of others. All going down Saturday... hahaha
Still have yet to read anyone say what it is you’re suggesting. Man you guys are over the top.

BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 110010110 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:14 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:19 pm
Reading is hard for Bison trolls apparently.

Not to mention the fact that they can't even spell "bizon"

golden77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by golden77 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:28 pm

I think these North Dakota trolls ought to worry about getting the tires aired up on their rascal scooters, ironing their sweatsuits, ordering a truckload of Kentucky fried chicken, and getting their tailgates planned.

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:30 pm

BizonProud wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:03 pm
cats2506 wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahah

BisonBacker
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BisonBacker » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:40 pm

golden77 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:28 pm
I think these North Dakota trolls ought to worry about getting the tires aired up on their rascal scooters, ironing their sweatsuits, ordering a truckload of Kentucky fried chicken, and getting their tailgates planned.
Don't have time for that to busy finalizing travel plans to Frisco to watch the Bison win their next championship.

lakesbison
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by lakesbison » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:04 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:41 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:33 pm
The Bison are experienced, talented and skilled, but their best attribute is they’re very disciplined and play to whistle every down.
Great qualities in a team. And great coaching. It's a shame when the fans become arrogant and entitled for successes that aren't theirs and make the program look awful.

I guess I'm an Alabama fan which automatically makes me better than all of you and no one better even TRY to talk football with me because as a Tide fan that is so beneath me....

:roll:
1 ndsu poster (who could be a griz) is trolling and acting arrogant.

myself and other ndsu fans are just very very very confident because 107-8 and 6 titles allows us to be that. so I dont see the arrogance, cmon man.

ok maybe 2.

hey, best qb ndsu has faced. they face every day.
Trey Lance. Freshman QB on scout team. He turned down Boise State and Iowa, dude is a stud! in 2 games he played this year, hes ran for 40+ touchdowns.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:40 pm