NDSU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: NDSU

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:32 pm

The worst thing about playing at the bisons is indoor football. Indoor football blows!!! Football should be played in the elements.
Are there any other northern or great Lakes teams that play in a dome besides the 2 North Dakota schools??

Cats92
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cats92 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:48 pm

BizonProud wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:19 pm
Cats92 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:01 pm
BizonProud wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:37 pm
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:44 pm
onceacat wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:48 pm
Cats92 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:29 pm
I know they haven’t played the toughest schedule this season. SDSU is obviously very talented, but they only beat them by 7. Our game against them earlier this season was a completely different team playing that day. Most of their games were played against sub .500 teams. I don’t know what to expect next weekend, other than the Cats to compete at a high level for the entire game.
NDSU strength of schedule was 142 per Sagarin. MSUs was 151. But nobody other than SDSU even came within 2 scores.

I expect the Cats to play hard, and if they have indeed turned some sort of corner, to keep it within one score. If it’s a blowout (more than 2 scores), it means the Cats are still a ways away...
I'm not sure if we lose by 2 scores it means we're a ways away...I think it just means we aren't ready to go undefeated and get the #1 seed. This team is young. Troy has come SO FAR as a QB...he's now straight up dangerous...but our offense remains largely one dimensional which puts a lot of pressure on big plays and defense. Our D is great and getting better.

I think around week 4 of this season we could safely say we were a ways away, however, we've closed the gap significantly. Somebody posted on a different thread that we'll be preseason top 10...I won't go that far...but we'll be inside of the top 20 to start. I think that we can confidently say NDSU DOES NOT want to play us Saturday...to me that is a huge testament to how this team has come together and is playing.

Fact is...we may lose by 17...::shrug::...I don't think that is a signal that we have a marathon left to run. I could be wrong--it happens more than I'd like to admit--but this is how I see things.
As a Bison fan I can promise you that we want to play you. I can honestly say we are just so thankful that you dont have a buyout clause for this game too. 😂🤣😂🤣

😉 2013
Hey Billy, why doesn’t NDSU just go to the CFP playoff? Play real teams like Alabama, Clemson, Georgia or ND? Why stop at MVC? You could easily compete against SEC teams no problem. Screw it, I hear the NFC North is looking for someone to replace the Lions. NDSU is so good I bet they would make Aaron Rodgers retire at halftime. Drew Brees look like Nathan Peterman in the NFC Championship. Why stop at football? I bet NDSU could beat the Red Sox, Warriors, Capitals, and just to show the world that you are the best football team of all time, your OL could probably dethrone Simone Biles in gymnastics.

Hmmmm🤔🤔🤔 you might be right, I like your way of thinking! 😉
Dang right you do! Here at MSU we have 40 or so rostered players from The State of Montana. Most of the members of BN have personal relationships if not relatives playing in the blue and gold. So when you get on here and start dogging us, your dogging our family and friends. I understand you’re proud of your bison as you should be. Our boys will show up on Saturday, they’ll play a game, and whatever happens after that is out of our control.

BizonProud
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BizonProud » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:41 pm

Haha!! Excellent!!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:30 pm

BizonProud wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:37 pm
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:44 pm
onceacat wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:48 pm
Cats92 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:29 pm
I know they haven’t played the toughest schedule this season. SDSU is obviously very talented, but they only beat them by 7. Our game against them earlier this season was a completely different team playing that day. Most of their games were played against sub .500 teams. I don’t know what to expect next weekend, other than the Cats to compete at a high level for the entire game.
NDSU strength of schedule was 142 per Sagarin. MSUs was 151. But nobody other than SDSU even came within 2 scores.

I expect the Cats to play hard, and if they have indeed turned some sort of corner, to keep it within one score. If it’s a blowout (more than 2 scores), it means the Cats are still a ways away...
I'm not sure if we lose by 2 scores it means we're a ways away...I think it just means we aren't ready to go undefeated and get the #1 seed. This team is young. Troy has come SO FAR as a QB...he's now straight up dangerous...but our offense remains largely one dimensional which puts a lot of pressure on big plays and defense. Our D is great and getting better.

I think around week 4 of this season we could safely say we were a ways away, however, we've closed the gap significantly. Somebody posted on a different thread that we'll be preseason top 10...I won't go that far...but we'll be inside of the top 20 to start. I think that we can confidently say NDSU DOES NOT want to play us Saturday...to me that is a huge testament to how this team has come together and is playing.

Fact is...we may lose by 17...::shrug::...I don't think that is a signal that we have a marathon left to run. I could be wrong--it happens more than I'd like to admit--but this is how I see things.
As a Bison fan I can promise you that we want to play you. I can honestly say we are just so thankful that you dont have a buyout clause for this game too. 😂🤣😂🤣

😉 2013

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Anybody else try to talk football on their board? Pretty much impossible. For every good poster who will talk football, there are 5 others who talk smack. Too bad.

jlm
New Recruit

Post by jlm » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:50 pm

Cats92, you sound like a great football mind, some of the stupid remarks coming from your football fans makes it easier to understand why the Griz hate you so much

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:54 pm

I can see why all of FCS hates you so much.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

The Big Meowski
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by The Big Meowski » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:15 pm

jlm wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:50 pm
Cats92, you sound like a great football mind, some of the stupid remarks coming from your football fans makes it easier to understand why the Griz hate you so much
Jim, I’m going to go out on a limb and make 2 assumptions. 1, you are a NDSU fan and 2, you have spent at least 10 minutes on your team’s message board. If those assumptions are true (no smack intended), that may be the most hypocritical comment made in the 14-15 years of me reading this board. If my assumptions are not true, I apologize.

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:57 pm

clawman
BobcatNation Letterman

threads

Post by clawman » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:10 am

What is different about this thread than the other NDSU thread? Why multiple threads on the same topic????

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:14 am

I’m surprised no one has mentioned it but hasn’t NDSU gone to the full cost of attendance direction? I would have to believe that has helped them maintain better than other programs the last two or three years
https://www.google.com/amp/s/billingsg ... 9.amp.html

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: threads

Post by iaafan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:16 am

[quote=clawman post_id=651907 time=1543237838 user_id=16871]
What is different about this thread than the other NDSU thread? Why multiple threads on the same topic????
[/quote]

Probably on account of the other thread having too much smack talk going on in it.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:58 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:23 pm
That was pretty well put together. Thanks for sharing.

Hating the griz since 02.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:41 am

Ouch!!!
https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/16815

Montana State at #1 North Dakota State

Montana State defended their homefield in the First Round, beating Incarnate Word, 35-14. Quarterback Troy Andersen had a big game, going 12-of-19 through the air for 164 yards and another 84 on the ground, accounting for a touchdown each way, with no interceptions. Running back Isaiah Ifanse was the workhorse, carrying 30 times for 157 yards. The backbreaker was likely a blocked punt that resulted in a touchdown. Overall, the Bobcats defense forced four turnovers and limited UIW to only 18:38 in ball control.

It’s hard not to put shine on or rave about North Dakota State. The only undefeated team in the playoffs, they outscored their opponents by an average of 41-12. The offense is brutally efficient. They average 32:00 of time of possession, converting almost 50% on 3rd down, allowing 31% on 3rd down and an FCS best offensively and defensively on 4th down, if a team thinks that’s an option. Easton Stick is a near all-time winner and a threat both running and throwing the ball. Lance Dunn and Bruce Anderson are a dynamic running back combo. Safety Robbie Grimsley is the defense’s leading tackler and has five interceptions to add to that. Greg Menard has parlayed an injury-plagued 2017 into a great 2018 with 7.5 sacks.

Montana State will need another effort like they did against UIW to have any chance at an upset. Pulling an upset over North Dakota State is a tall order at home, doing it in Fargo will take even more. The Bison will be well rested and the home folks will be plenty rowdy. In actuality, the atmosphere won’t be that dissimilar than what the Bobcats faced at Montana a week ago, except this one will be indoors - with a much stronger opponent on the other sideline.

Prediction: North Dakota State 45, Montana State 14

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:52 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:00 am

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:41 am
Ouch!!!

Montana State defended their homefield in the First Round, beating Incarnate Word, 35-14. Quarterback Troy Andersen had a big game, going 12-of-19 through the air for 164 yards and another 84 on the ground, accounting for a touchdown each way, with no interceptions. Running back Isaiah Ifanse was the workhorse, carrying 30 times for 157 yards. The backbreaker was likely a blocked punt that resulted in a touchdown. Overall, the Bobcats defense forced four turnovers and limited UIW to only 18:38 in ball control.

It’s hard not to put shine on or rave about North Dakota State. The only undefeated team in the playoffs, they outscored their opponents by an average of 41-12. The offense is brutally efficient. They average 32:00 of time of possession, converting almost 50% on 3rd down, allowing 31% on 3rd down and an FCS best offensively and defensively on 4th down, if a team thinks that’s an option. Easton Stick is a near all-time winner and a threat both running and throwing the ball. Lance Dunn and Bruce Anderson are a dynamic running back combo. Safety Robbie Grimsley is the defense’s leading tackler and has five interceptions to add to that. Greg Menard has parlayed an injury-plagued 2017 into a great 2018 with 7.5 sacks.

Montana State will need another effort like they did against UIW to have any chance at an upset. Pulling an upset over North Dakota State is a tall order at home, doing it in Fargo will take even more. The Bison will be well rested and the home folks will be plenty rowdy. In actuality, the atmosphere won’t be that dissimilar than what the Bobcats faced at Montana a week ago, except this one will be indoors - with a much stronger opponent on the other sideline.

I’m guessing NDSU will be favored by 12 or so. I think they will cover that pretty easily. This NDSU team is so damn good, in all phases. I think prediction above is pretty high but if the cats keep it within 17, I’d say that’s about right. Guessing more like 34-14

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:01 am

Normally I love when we play a team that actually has an active online fanbase, because I love talking football with them. I really don't have any interest in talking football with NDSU fans, because I've had enough interactions with them over the last 10+ years to know what they're about. Especially since the buyout. Not worth my time to head over their forum, I already know how it will be over there.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:14 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:00 am
91catAlum wrote:
Ouch!!!

I’m guessing NDSU will be favored by 12 or so. I think they will cover that pretty easily. This NDSU team is so damn good, in all phases. I think prediction above is pretty high but if the cats keep it within 17, I’d say that’s about right. Guessing more like 34-14
The spread is 28.5

I was thinking around 35-10, so pretty close to yours.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:29 am

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:01 am
Normally I love when we play a team that actually has an active online fanbase, because I love talking football with them. I really don't have any interest in talking football with NDSU fans, because I've had enough interactions with them over the last 10+ years to know what they're about. Especially since the buyout. Not worth my time to head over their forum, I already know how it will be over there.
I feel the same way, I was really disappointed that i couldn't find any UIW fans to talke with.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:35 am

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:14 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:00 am
91catAlum wrote:
Ouch!!!

The spread is 28.5

I was thinking around 35-10, so pretty close to yours.
Is that from 5dimes? Whoa! Must admit that seems way high to me. Like I said I think NDSU wins easily, but more like 17 imo and not 28.