NDSU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: NDSU

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:01 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:35 pm
BisonBacker wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:51 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:46 pm
BisonBacker wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:41 pm
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:40 pm
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:40 pm
Cats92 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:29 pm
I know they haven’t played the toughest schedule this season. SDSU is obviously very talented, but they only beat them by 7. Our game against them earlier this season was a completely different team playing that day. Most of their games were played against sub .500 teams. I don’t know what to expect next weekend, other than the Cats to compete at a high level for the entire game.
They only beat SDSU by 4. I think we could have played SDSU tougher if we would have seen them later in the year. We are definitely an underdog but I think we can come out and surprise people by making it a game.
The CATS have come so far this season...it really is remarkable. I think NDSU will win this one...but I've been saying since yesterday we are NOT the team they wanted to roll into town Saturday. There are some nerves in Fargo right now; guaranteed.
Ok you keep telling yourself that :lol:
I don't think anybody is nervous, but I do think this is a better team than NDSU should have to play in their first round.
Oh I don't doubt MSU is a good team. I've only watched your playoff game this year and the rest of my opinions have been based on your score results with the rest of your schedule. I just thought that comment was funny. If those fans exist I don't know em. Nobody I know has concerns or doubts of the outcome of this game and yes I know AGS is a possibility. But player for player if both teams play to their best ability NDSU wins this hands down. I saw one poster here say something to the effect we haven't seen an athlete like your QB (at least i'm pretty sure that's who he was referring to) and I can only say you guy haven't seen a LB like Jabril Cox. The guy will be playing on Sundays. Looking forward to the game and hope to see plenty of MSU fans at the tailgate.
What about Cox haven't we seen? Not saying he isn't good but 68 tackles, 8 TFL, 4 sacks 0 FFs and 4 picks doesn't blow me away.

Dante Olson UM 151 tackles, 11 TFL, 6 sacks 3 FF and 2 picks.

Josh Buss UM 75 tackles, 9 TFL, 5.5 sacks, 3 FF, 1 pick.

Legrand Toia Weber 71 tackles, 12 TFL, 5.5 sacks, 1 FF.

Landon Stice Weber 64 tackles, 10.5 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 2 FF, 4 picks.

Brayden Konkol MSU 83 tackles 4 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 FF, 2 picks.

Grant Collins MSU 76 tackles, 5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 2 FFs

Bryce Sterk MSU 60 tackles, 17 TFL!, 8.5 sacks!

We've seen guys like Cox, we have guys like Cox.
Cox is an absolute beast. Choate thinks so too:

lakesbison
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by lakesbison » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:04 pm

Recruiting wise... the last 6-7 years during NDSU's run, I haven't seen Montana State or Montana been on any offer sheets for NDSU guys nor Minnesota/Minneapolis kids. Have you guys just abandoned it? Serious question, not smack.

Choate is right. If I'm Jabril Cox' Family, Im declaring for NFL Draft... NDSU's MLB Nick Deluca (now with Jaguars) was considered a cant miss draft guy after soph year and blew out his knee the following year at IOWA and he dropped to UDFA status in NFL .

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:08 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:01 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:35 pm
BisonBacker wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:51 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:46 pm
BisonBacker wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:41 pm
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:40 pm
Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:40 pm
Cats92 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:29 pm
I know they haven’t played the toughest schedule this season. SDSU is obviously very talented, but they only beat them by 7. Our game against them earlier this season was a completely different team playing that day. Most of their games were played against sub .500 teams. I don’t know what to expect next weekend, other than the Cats to compete at a high level for the entire game.
They only beat SDSU by 4. I think we could have played SDSU tougher if we would have seen them later in the year. We are definitely an underdog but I think we can come out and surprise people by making it a game.
The CATS have come so far this season...it really is remarkable. I think NDSU will win this one...but I've been saying since yesterday we are NOT the team they wanted to roll into town Saturday. There are some nerves in Fargo right now; guaranteed.
Ok you keep telling yourself that :lol:
I don't think anybody is nervous, but I do think this is a better team than NDSU should have to play in their first round.
Oh I don't doubt MSU is a good team. I've only watched your playoff game this year and the rest of my opinions have been based on your score results with the rest of your schedule. I just thought that comment was funny. If those fans exist I don't know em. Nobody I know has concerns or doubts of the outcome of this game and yes I know AGS is a possibility. But player for player if both teams play to their best ability NDSU wins this hands down. I saw one poster here say something to the effect we haven't seen an athlete like your QB (at least i'm pretty sure that's who he was referring to) and I can only say you guy haven't seen a LB like Jabril Cox. The guy will be playing on Sundays. Looking forward to the game and hope to see plenty of MSU fans at the tailgate.
What about Cox haven't we seen? Not saying he isn't good but 68 tackles, 8 TFL, 4 sacks 0 FFs and 4 picks doesn't blow me away.

Dante Olson UM 151 tackles, 11 TFL, 6 sacks 3 FF and 2 picks.

Josh Buss UM 75 tackles, 9 TFL, 5.5 sacks, 3 FF, 1 pick.

Legrand Toia Weber 71 tackles, 12 TFL, 5.5 sacks, 1 FF.

Landon Stice Weber 64 tackles, 10.5 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 2 FF, 4 picks.

Brayden Konkol MSU 83 tackles 4 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 FF, 2 picks.

Grant Collins MSU 76 tackles, 5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 2 FFs

Bryce Sterk MSU 60 tackles, 17 TFL!, 8.5 sacks!

We've seen guys like Cox, we have guys like Cox.
Cox is an absolute beast. Choate thinks so too:

I agree 100% he is a beast and you can tell he is a leader on D, I'm just trying to point out that the BSC isn't devoid of some damn good defensive players as well. It's always everything we have is so much better than you or anyone else with NDSU fans. In some cases it's true, but not always. It's not like teams in the BSC are playing against mediocre LB corps.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:10 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:04 pm
Recruiting wise... the last 6-7 years during NDSU's run, I haven't seen Montana State or Montana been on any offer sheets for NDSU guys nor Minnesota/Minneapolis kids. Have you guys just abandoned it? Serious question, not smack.

Choate is right. If I'm Jabril Cox' Family, Im declaring for NFL Draft... NDSU's MLB Nick Deluca (now with Jaguars) was considered a cant miss draft guy after soph year and blew out his knee the following year at IOWA and he dropped to UDFA status in NFL .
Bison had a full scholarship offer for Griz Gabe Sulser out of Billings. Had him out on a recruiting visit as well and gave him the full court press. I am very happy that kid is a Griz. Played and contributed a lot as a true freshman. But other than that, Cats and Griz go after the Pacific Northwest where bison hit MN and Midwest hard.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:16 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Menard,Sproles,Sanders,Kartes,Jensen,Pierce Jr.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

MinnesotaBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MinnesotaBobcat » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:29 pm

lakesbison wrote:

Lewis Kidd is from Minneapolis....and the Bison offered him.

stpaulbison
New Recruit

Post by stpaulbison » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:35 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:52 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:04 pm
lakesbison wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:43 pm
what most outsiders dont understand about NDSU and the Program is....

Players DO their jobs, there is no 1 on the team that thinks "I gotta get mine" We dont recruit that type. Its a mindset. Defense stays in thier lane, no missed assignments. Offense isnt flashy, but pounds you, then bootlegs and hits #20 for a 40 yard score.

I think Montana State is a good program and will show up saturday, but NDSU'S depth and crowd noise are 2 things youve never seen. NDSU'S D Line just throws 7-8 guys deep at you. its overwhelming over 4 quarters

beating ndsu would take Spread offense Shotgun for 50-60 plays and a Defensive Front Line that's out of this world good.
Cmon Lakes, You've been to Missoula, right? We handle crowd noise just fine. The 27,000 in Wa Griz are louder than the 19,000 in the Fargo Dome, even with no roof on top.
exactly.

I'm sure the Fargo Dome is nuts...…………………… but it aint Washington-Griz. I can guarantee that. ESPECIALLY during a cat-griz game.
I was at the Griz/Bison game in Missoula 2015. 1st game of the season, Griz hosting the defending national champs...I would argue that it was pretty loud but nothing I haven't heard in the FargoDome. That was an attendance record until this last Cat/Griz game just passed it.

Just a quick google search, the Griz tried to set a decibel record back in 2013 and they measured 111 to beat their old record. The Dome hit 115 in 2013 against Furham when measured. So I would argue both venues are equal in noise production when they want to be, except that NDSU can do it with 8000 less fans. :wink:

If the Bobcats play well in that environment, then the crowd shouldn't be a factor. However, if they play like the 2015 Griz did in the FargoDome then it's going to be tough sledding.

BigHoss
New Recruit

Post by BigHoss » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:47 pm

Didn't Carsen Wentz say Washington Griz Was the loudest, and most hostile venue he's ever played at?

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:49 pm

lakesbison wrote:
My theory: When all the Dakota schools went D-1 whatever recruiting advantage we had out there dried up. It's probably tough to talk a kid into going to school all the way in Montana when their parents could easily drive to their games in Grand Forks, Fargo, Brookings, or Vermillion. Minneapolis is a direct flight to Bozeman, so there's that. Our women's basketball team subscribes to the direct flight theory and half our team is from Minnesota/Wisconsin right now.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:51 pm

stpaulbison wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:35 pm
So I would argue both venues are equal in noise production when they want to be.
And this is really what we are saying. Even if it is ever so slightly louder (doubt either have been louder than Cat-griz 2018), we did fine there. And we have the experience now of recently being in a comparable environment (obviously, we had not been in a hostile environment like that prior to Cat-griz).

I don't think there is any reason to think of the crowd noise in Fargo as something the Cats haven't seen.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:06 pm

stpaulbison wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
lakesbison wrote:

Players DO their jobs, there is no 1 on the team that thinks "I gotta get mine" We dont recruit that type. Its a mindset. Defense stays in thier lane, no missed assignments. Offense isnt flashy, but pounds you, then bootlegs and hits #20 for a 40 yard score.

I think Montana State is a good program and will show up saturday, but NDSU'S depth and crowd noise are 2 things youve never seen. NDSU'S D Line just throws 7-8 guys deep at you. its overwhelming over 4 quarters

beating ndsu would take Spread offense Shotgun for 50-60 plays and a Defensive Front Line that's out of this world good.
Cmon Lakes, You've been to Missoula, right? We handle crowd noise just fine. The 27,000 in Wa Griz are louder than the 19,000 in the Fargo Dome, even with no roof on top.
exactly.

I'm sure the Fargo Dome is nuts...…………………… but it aint Washington-Griz. I can guarantee that. ESPECIALLY during a cat-griz game.
I was at the Griz/Bison game in Missoula 2015. 1st game of the season, Griz hosting the defending national champs...I would argue that it was pretty loud but nothing I haven't heard in the FargoDome. That was an attendance record until this last Cat/Griz game just passed it.

Just a quick google search, the Griz tried to set a decibel record back in 2013 and they measured 111 to beat their old record. The Dome hit 115 in 2013 against Furham when measured. So I would argue both venues are equal in noise production when they want to be, except that NDSU can do it with 8000 less fans. :wink:

If the Bobcats play well in that environment, then the crowd shouldn't be a factor. However, if they play like the 2015 Griz did in the FargoDome then it's going to be tough sledding.
Do you guys throw ****** at the other players too.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:12 pm

BigHoss wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:47 pm
Didn't Carsen Wentz say Washington Griz Was the loudest, and most hostile venue he's ever played at?
I believe that was Tony Tomo

stpaulbison
New Recruit

Post by stpaulbison » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:16 pm

BigHoss wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:47 pm
Didn't Carson Wentz say Washington Griz Was the loudest, and most hostile venue he's ever played at?
Probably. Iowa State game had 54,800 in attendance but it was well under control by the 3rd quarter imo. The Griz game was a nail biter up until the end, Griz scored a TD with seconds to go and this game happened a season after the ISU game. ISU didn't have rabid fans/players out for blood acting like they were the underdog and had something to prove against the defending national champs. It was Carson's senior season and ranked #1 in the nation, so it probably stands out more in a guy's head. Atmosphere was completely opposite.

It's going to be a fun game on Saturday. I'm looking forward to be there for it.

BigHoss
New Recruit

Post by BigHoss » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:40 pm

So... I believe the Cats have been in a similar environment, and they were rattled, went down early, but recovered. However.. something the cats haven't seen is a team that is this dynamic, balanced, poised, and just flat out Good! I really just hope we can compete, and not be embarrassed like we were in Brookings a few months ago. This team is playing it's best football right now, and although I don't feel they have the horses to run with the Bison, they do have a lot of heart, and there is no quit in this team.. I'm not super optimistic, but stranger things have happened. Let's go Bobcats!!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:46 pm

stpaulbison wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
lakesbison wrote:

exactly.

Well the Griz Fans like to throw human feces at the players (true story, their fans are just awesome)...…………………. do you guys do that in the Fargo Dome?

FTG- GO CATS GO!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:48 pm

BigHoss wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:40 pm
So... I believe the Cats have been in a similar environment, and they were rattled, went down early, but recovered. However.. something the cats haven't seen is a team that is this dynamic, balanced, poised, and just flat out Good! I really just hope we can compete, and not be embarrassed like we were in Brookings a few months ago. This team is playing it's best football right now, and although I don't feel they have the horses to run with the Bison, they do have a lot of heart, and there is no quit in this team.. I'm not super optimistic, but stranger things have happened. Let's go Bobcats!!
EWU and Weber are on that level in my opinion, as is SDSU. Andersen is back, Jonsen and Ifanse have found their place. Our LBs have played some of their best football the past two weeks. Now we didn't win those games but we should at least know what to expect and we are better now than we were when we played them. We always have that punchers chance.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:57 pm

I feel like since Miller took over, we've started to actually have an identity. Defense pretty much had their's set. But we've embraced what we can and can't do and started finding creative ways to move the ball that aren't gimmicky.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:24 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:16 pm
lakesbison wrote:
Menard,Sproles,Sanders,Kartes,Jensen,Pierce Jr.
I thought Menard verballed to MSU at one point.

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:57 pm

Lakesbison and other NDSU fans that come on here are great. I remember following them on their trip to Bozeman on the short bus. Laughed my ass off. Some fun loving folks. I'm still mad the four Dakota schools are not in the Big Sky. That was a big mistake, not letting them all in.

Biz8n
New Recruit

Post by Biz8n » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:20 pm

Comparisons

NDSU
Cal Poly win 49-3
Western Illinois win 34-7
SDSU win 21-17

Montana State
Cal Poly win 49-42
Western Illinois win 26-23