The Stuff: Yates or Collins?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Re: The Stuff: Yates or Collins?

Post by cats2506 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:31 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:22 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:33 pm
Whether you’re impressed with Collins or not, he was a big factor in perhaps the greatest and what will be the most memorable play in MSU and Cat-Griz history. The only play I can think of in school history that is on a par is the Roberts’ interception return vs. Rhode Island.
And I'd argue he made the second-biggest play of that game too. The fumble he caused after running all the way across the field was spectacular. An unbelievable effort that I hope doesn't get lost to history. Taken out of context it was probably a more impressive play than the Stuff, but the Stuff will get mentioned more because of the time and place.
Yeah, that first fumble. If you follow Collins from pre-snap all the way through the play, he runs like 60 yards and forces the fumble and recovers it. That play is one to show kids not to never give up on the play, especially when you are on the backside of it.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:10 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:31 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:22 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:33 pm
Whether you’re impressed with Collins or not, he was a big factor in perhaps the greatest and what will be the most memorable play in MSU and Cat-Griz history. The only play I can think of in school history that is on a par is the Roberts’ interception return vs. Rhode Island.
And I'd argue he made the second-biggest play of that game too. The fumble he caused after running all the way across the field was spectacular. An unbelievable effort that I hope doesn't get lost to history. Taken out of context it was probably a more impressive play than the Stuff, but the Stuff will get mentioned more because of the time and place.
Yeah, that first fumble. If you follow Collins from pre-snap all the way through the play, he runs like 60 yards and forces the fumble and recovers it. That play is one to show kids not to never give up on the play, especially when you are on the backside of it.

Totally agreed, amazing play. And you can see that mentality is becoming infectious - the fumble towards the goal line this past weekend against UIW was forced by Alleyne, who probably ran 80 yards to catch the guy right before he was about to score. Some fantastic hustle plays, love seeing those!

GO CATS GO!!!

Tallandrangy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Tallandrangy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:50 pm

:lol: :lol:
How’s your All Star Player doing?? Say what you want about the dirtiest player I’ve seen in three weeks(see UNC game twisting RB Hall’s knee way after play & UM same thing twisting knees getting up from the pile). He is being exposed for the over rated mediocre player he is. Mr honorable mention. Been getting credit for playing behind an amazing front 4 and against weak teams. Has no business being a DI LB. way to slow, and he isn’t the only one.You asked for a response,, there it is. :lol:
Spartan23 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:30 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:32 pm
Who was the dingdong poster (supposedly a bobcat fan) on here that was talking trash about Grant Collins a couple weeks ago...……………………………………………………………… I wonder how he feels about his play now?
Yes, Tall and rangy, Bobcat99 and Hiline Cat where are you guys?? Certainly, you will want to weigh in on the most over-rated player in the conference.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:04 pm

And who are you and your fizz football team playing with today besides yourselves? :-^

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:43 am

Tallandrangy wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:50 pm
How’s your All Star Player doing?? Say what you want about the dirtiest player I’ve seen in three weeks(see UNC game twisting RB Hall’s knee way after play & UM same thing twisting knees getting up from the pile). He is being exposed for the over rated mediocre player he is. Mr honorable mention. Been getting credit for playing behind an amazing front 4 and against weak teams. Has no business being a DI LB. way to slow, and he isn’t the only one.You asked for a response,, there it is. :lol:
Spartan23 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Who was the dingdong poster (supposedly a bobcat fan) on here that was talking trash about Grant Collins a couple weeks ago...……………………………………………………………… I wonder how he feels about his play now?
Yes, Tall and rangy, Bobcat99 and Hiline Cat where are you guys?? Certainly, you will want to weigh in on the most over-rated player in the conference.
Hey, that’s enough! It’s one thing to stick up for guys who don’t get a chance because they don’t fit the mold. It’s another to attack a guy who has given all he could possibly be asked to give to the Cats over his career.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:29 am

Tallandrangy wrote:
Spartan23 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

I sure hope u are a grizzly troll.... cuz it would be pretty embarrassing to have a jackass like you calling himself a bobcat fan.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Spartan23
New Recruit

Post by Spartan23 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:32 pm

Tallandrangy wrote:
Spartan23 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Yes, Mr. Honorable mention just took his slow mediocre play over to Missoula where he forced a fumble and recovered it with 5:30 to go in a game that looked like we might lose up until that point. Then he stepped up again in the final minute to punch the ball out on a goal line stance that will go down in history as one of the greatest Cat-Griz games ever played so I guess that qualifies him as a legit D1 LB. You on the other hand have clearly never played football at the D1 level or any level for that matter because if you had you would be protecting the brotherhood not berating legit athletes on a nameless forum. I'm sorry you were raised in an environment where decency and integrity didn't matter.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:50 pm

What a POS Tallandrangy is.

If that's not worthy of a ban, idk what is.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:55 am

Pretty clear from the username that tallandrangy is a troll, a direct jab at our LBs and Gregorak.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:16 am

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:55 am
Pretty clear from the username that tallandrangy is a troll, a direct jab at our LBs and Gregorak.
I believe it's a disgruntled parent of a player who was cut last year because he physically wasn't what the coaches were looking for in a linebacker, i.e. Tall rangy guys.

But I could be wrong.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:37 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:16 am
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:55 am
I believe it's a disgruntled parent of a player who was cut last year because he physically wasn't what the coaches were looking for in a linebacker, i.e. Tall rangy guys.

But I could be wrong.
Who did we have last year who fits that description?

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:38 am

Let's just leave it alone, no need to bring the ex-player into it.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:03 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:38 am
Let's just leave it alone, no need to bring the ex-player into it.
Agreed!