The Stuff

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: The Stuff

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:44 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:55 pm
I guess I won't assume that people read every post. My bad.
You've always got me laughing hawks. I appreciate it even if I don't respond every time.

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:56 am

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:44 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:55 pm
I guess I won't assume that people read every post. My bad.
You've always got me laughing hawks. I appreciate it even if I don't respond every time.
This , don’t read em all , but most of em , and all of hawks

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:11 pm

Man, if someone, other than the Montana Mint, came out with a T-shirt or hoodie that reads:

"Ball out!

Recovered by Montana State!

The Bobcats hold! The Bobcats hold!"

I'd buy that item in a heartbeat!!!! I may just have to make one up myself.
Last edited by AFCAT on Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:19 pm

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:21 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:19 pm
I love it!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:36 pm

AFCAT wrote:
I'll buy it

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:27 pm

the previous line was good too

"EASTWOOD DOESN'T MAKE IT"

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:36 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:36 pm
AFCAT wrote:
I'll buy it
+1, if there is actually a link to buy that, I'm in.

Otherwise, I will be going down to make one myself at Shirtworks (or whatever that place is called).

FTG- GO CATS GO!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:56 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:36 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:36 pm
AFCAT wrote:
I'll buy it

Otherwise, I will be going down to make one myself at Shirtworks (or whatever that place is called).

I just made that up on a site called big city sports wear. I'd like to make it look a little better, but I may just go ahead and buy it. Cost is about $38.

ToxicTigger
New Recruit

Post by ToxicTigger » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:01 pm

"The Stuff" isn't a bad moniker...how about "The Stone at the State Line".

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:03 pm

I was a bit off on the quote. Recovered by Montana State.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:11 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:23 am
Pause this at the 2 second mark. Sneed could have leisurely walked through the 4 hole. Not sure Konkol could have got there in time.
Konkol was in the hole, he moved after the hand off.

rtb

Post by rtb » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:18 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:56 pm

I just made that up on a site called big city sports wear. I'd like to make it look a little better, but I may just go ahead and buy it. Cost is about $38.
[/quote]

I highly doubt they will print that for you and if they do they are in serious violation of licensing. You can't use the MSU or UM logo without their permission.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:33 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:19 am
I've watched the last play 3,000 times now. Chase Benson drove the center three yards back into the backfield, giving Eastwood no option but to go straight ahead. Yates out-leveraged the right guard - no doubt his wrestling skills served him well here - threw him down to his right and lunged at Eastwood making the primary hit. Collins was coming like a missile from his MLB spot, and he and Wright - who stood up the right tackle, arrived nano-seconds after Yates. I'm no technician of outstanding line play but even I can tell our entire D-line blew up their O-line on this play.

It is a thing of beauty.
Not one single MSU lineman was pushed backward! What an incredible effort! One has to ask why did Bevis call that play: U of M offensive line is a weakness while MSU defensive line is a strength. The Sulser or JLM sweep has been effective all year, you have big receivers and they run it up the gut?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:37 pm

rtb wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:18 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:56 pm

I highly doubt they will print that for you and if they do they are in serious violation of licensing. You can't use the MSU or UM logo without their permission.
[/quote]

I'm just goofing around. Call off the fun police.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:42 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:33 pm
84CatGrad wrote:
I've watched the last play 3,000 times now. Chase Benson drove the center three yards back into the backfield, giving Eastwood no option but to go straight ahead. Yates out-leveraged the right guard - no doubt his wrestling skills served him well here - threw him down to his right and lunged at Eastwood making the primary hit. Collins was coming like a missile from his MLB spot, and he and Wright - who stood up the right tackle, arrived nano-seconds after Yates. I'm no technician of outstanding line play but even I can tell our entire D-line blew up their O-line on this play.

It is a thing of beauty.
Not one single MSU lineman was pushed backward! What an incredible effort! One has to ask why did Bevis call that play: U of M offensive line is a weakness while MSU defensive line is a strength. The Sulser or JLM sweep has been effective all year, you have big receivers and they run it up the gut?
1. They had just run the same play (until cancelled out by Choate's TO) and scored.
2. If they don't make it, it leaves them more time to call timeout and go to the next play on 4th down.
3. They have a way better chance of losing yardage on a sweep where the runner has to go sideways behind the line of scrimmage before turning up field than going straight up the gut.
4. Hauck wanted his team to dominate us physically on the LoS and take the game away from us. This was his MO before and he wants to establish it again. Or in other word: PRIDE!

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:51 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:33 pm
84CatGrad wrote:

It is a thing of beauty.
In the post-game interview, the one where you could hear our players celebrating, Bobbynotbob said that particular play had been effective all game long, implying there was no reason for him to believe it wouldn't work one more time.

But yeah, any single play from his playbook to stretch us out would have worked. Heh.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RobertoGato » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:07 pm

Here’s something I noticed about this play today that’s really cool.

Dalton Sneed (Arizona) hands the ball off to Adam Eastwood (California). Eastwood is immediately forced into the A gap because Cody Meyer (California) got walked 5 yards back by Chase Benson (Helena, MT). Tucker Yates (Colstrip, MT) then dumped Cy Sirmon (Washington) on his face and exploded into Eastwood, with Grant Collins (Bozeman, MT) coming in quickly to help force the fumble. The ball is then recovered by Derek Marks (Belgrade, MT).

The Cats that impacted that play most directly were Montanans and they did so by beating out of state kids. Coincidence, sure, but also pretty cool to see in-State kids on the big stage.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:27 am

Choate has said that the heart and soul of the team will always be from Montana. We may need to get our arms and legs from elsewhere, but MT is the heart and soul.

I like the name "The State Line".

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:33 am

After it came loose, the ball bounced right through the lugs of um left guard (#70, Skyler Martin, Washington) who very nearly grabbed it before it took a bounce and Marks pounced on it. So close....