Proud of this team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Proud of this team

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:36 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:17 pm
I think back to five weeks ago when MSU lost its second straight game to ISU and were sitting at 4-4 overall and 2-3 in conference play. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I thought there was a 0.00% chance at that time of MSU making the playoffs.

The team at that point could have folded up the tent, but they came home and went 2-0 against Cal Poly and UNC.
The team could've folded up the tent when they went down 22-0 in Missoula, but they persevered and took the lead back.
The team could've folded up the tent when UM was a few inches from the game winning touchdown, but they didn't do so and made one of the iconic plays in MSU football history.
The team could've folded up the tent when they made the playoffs, but they played a great game against IW last week and moved on convincingly.
And this week, well - they came up against what is simply a vastly superior team to anything else at the FCS level.

But holy crap has the last month been fun, and there's so much to be thankful for! Thanks to the Seniors and I am already counting down the days until 2019!
Perfectly said, my feelings exactly! =D^ =D^ =D^

GO CATS GO!!!

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:18 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:36 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:17 pm
I think back to five weeks ago when MSU lost its second straight game to ISU and were sitting at 4-4 overall and 2-3 in conference play. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I thought there was a 0.00% chance at that time of MSU making the playoffs.

The team at that point could have folded up the tent, but they came home and went 2-0 against Cal Poly and UNC.
The team could've folded up the tent when they went down 22-0 in Missoula, but they persevered and took the lead back.
The team could've folded up the tent when UM was a few inches from the game winning touchdown, but they didn't do so and made one of the iconic plays in MSU football history.
The team could've folded up the tent when they made the playoffs, but they played a great game against IW last week and moved on convincingly.
And this week, well - they came up against what is simply a vastly superior team to anything else at the FCS level.

But holy crap has the last month been fun, and there's so much to be thankful for! Thanks to the Seniors and I am already counting down the days until 2019!
Perfectly said, my feelings exactly! =D^ =D^ =D^
Agreed....last month has been a fun ride. Looking forward to 2019.

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat92 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:21 pm

I also agree. Wording is perfect.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:42 pm

Well said. I could not have said it any better. It has been a fun year and there is lots to look forward to next year. NDSU definitely showed us what we need to continue working towards, but the foundation is there.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:39 am

+1

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:47 am

Well said MSU01 !!!