Proud of this team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Proud of this team

Post by onceacat » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:46 pm

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:35 pm
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:33 pm
I'm very proud of the players, but Choate can go to hell. Coming out with this half-a-dimensional offense against good defenses, getting held scoreless in multiple quarters, and not opening up the playbook until things get out of hand has been a losing formula all season long. Choate just got ****** that the players executed over and over again after he dug them a giant hole and put them in a position to fail.

I'm sick of him trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole over and over again. Just because it went in this one time doesn't make it smart.

Great job by the players, executing over and over again when the team was in a giant hole after the coach had put them in position to fail!
I used to agree with you, but I don't today. We adjusted in the second half to throw it, and the pounding of our run game, even when it was ineffective, wore them down. I've never been a choate guy either, go check my history, but his teams play hard for him.
I thought the first half was one of the worst bits of football I’ve ever watched (most of that I would put on the coaches), but the second half was equally impressive across the board.

When it comes to toughness, fight, attitude, and, dare I say VIM Choate & co have been awesome. If at some point they can figure out offense, this is going to be a good team.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:51 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:46 pm
GoldstoneCat wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
I'm very proud of the players, but Choate can go to hell. Coming out with this half-a-dimensional offense against good defenses, getting held scoreless in multiple quarters, and not opening up the playbook until things get out of hand has been a losing formula all season long. Choate just got ****** that the players executed over and over again after he dug them a giant hole and put them in a position to fail.

I'm sick of him trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole over and over again. Just because it went in this one time doesn't make it smart.

Great job by the players, executing over and over again when the team was in a giant hole after the coach had put them in position to fail!
I used to agree with you, but I don't today. We adjusted in the second half to throw it, and the pounding of our run game, even when it was ineffective, wore them down. I've never been a choate guy either, go check my history, but his teams play hard for him.
I thought the first half was one of the worst bits of football I’ve ever watched (most of that I would put on the coaches), but the second half was equally impressive across the board.

When it comes to toughness, fight, attitude, and, dare I say VIM Choate & co have been awesome. If at some point they can figure out offense, this is going to be a good team.
I didn't see it that way. WRs dropping balls, lineman not blocking anyone, LBs being tentative and giving up the edge. The plays were there to be made in the first half. The TEAM, top to bottom, came out in the second and made it happen.

Kudos to Padmos! Kid flipped the field multiple times.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:58 pm

I just got home and haven't read a thing in this thread or any other so maybe this has already been said but:
THERE AIN'T NO QUIT IN DEM BOBCATS!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:01 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:51 pm
onceacat wrote:
GoldstoneCat wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:

I didn't see it that way. WRs dropping balls, lineman not blocking anyone, LBs being tentative and giving up the edge. The plays were there to be made in the first half. The TEAM, top to bottom, came out in the second and made it happen.

If I were being snarky, I’d suggest that it was a QB dropping passes :-^

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:05 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:01 pm
technoCat wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:51 pm
onceacat wrote:
GoldstoneCat wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:

If I were being snarky, I’d suggest that it was a QB dropping passes :-^
Say what you want about Jonsen being a WR but if he could get it dialed in like he did late game, he's an NFL talent.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

saintcat40
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by saintcat40 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:34 pm

I agree with this thread!! This team never quits! Super proud of them!

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:45 pm

I am also very proud of this team. How many sacks did they have?

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:51 pm

St George wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:45 pm
I am also very proud of this team. How many sacks did they have?
I think it was 5, but maybe 4.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:10 pm

Wow that post by BnBnG was really something. I was expecting to see the words "just kidding " at the end. Hopefully his opinion has been influenced by a blood alcohol level of .2% or so and under more sober conditions he can see more light at the end of the tunnel. The future is bright for Bobcat football and coach Choate is the biggest reason for that and I trust that in time he will make our program bigger and brighter.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:34 pm

I am still on cloud nine and have thoroughly enjoyed just sitting back and soaking it all in. My two cents? This was not the greatest coaching performance in Bobcat history. You don't coach a great game and fall behind 22-0. Perhaps it was one of the greatest coaching performances for a single half. Whether it was or not is not really important to me. What is important is our kids and coaches stuck with what they believed in and pulled out a miracle in a hostile environment against a good team in a game that mattered very dearly to them, their school, and their fans. A great coaching performance? Maybe. But it definitely was a great TEAM win and that includes everyone from the players, to the coaches, to the administration, to the fans.

Great job 'Cats.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:38 pm

nailed it

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:53 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:34 pm
I am still on cloud nine and have thoroughly enjoyed just sitting back and soaking it all in. My two cents? This was not the greatest coaching performance in Bobcat history. You don't coach a great game and fall behind 22-0. Perhaps it was one of the greatest coaching performances for a single half. Whether it was or not is not really important to me. What is important is our kids and coaches stuck with what they believed in and pulled out a miracle in a hostile environment against a good team in a game that mattered very dearly to them, their school, and their fans. A great coaching performance? Maybe. But it definitely was a great TEAM win and that includes everyone from the players, to the coaches, to the administration, to the fans.

Great job 'Cats.
Not complaining but what if Cats had played the first half like they did the second? Amazing timeout call to icy the griz and fumble on the next play - that will go down in history!

Let's see what happens next...

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:00 pm

People that don't like how a half or a quarter went and wonder why we did not do better need to remember that there is another team on the other side of the ball that has their own agenda. Let's give the pink bears come credit for playing a great first half. It was almost good enough.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:09 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:41 pm
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:

Come back tomorrow. We don't need you around here today.
This!!!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:32 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:

Hope this guy slept it off. One of the greatest wins in Bobcat history and he’s complaining about the coach.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:40 pm

PapaG wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:32 am
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:

Hope this guy slept it off. One of the greatest wins in Bobcat history and he’s complaining about the coach.
Agree! I wonder if the UC Davis fans complained about beating the griz when the griz dominated them for 3 quarters. I doubt it.

If football games were 40 minutes long, the griz would've been about 9-2 this year.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:55 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:

Choate can go to hell? Are you serious? 3-0 with 2 of them in Missoula, a winning season and trip to the playoffs but that isn’t good enough for you?

You can go to hell.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:03 pm

utucats wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:55 pm
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:

Choate can go to hell? Are you serious? 3-0 with 2 of them in Missoula, a winning season and trip to the playoffs but that isn’t good enough for you?

You can go to hell.
+1.
Can't even believe I read that. Saying Choate can goto hell is possibly the stupidest thing ever posted on this board from a Bobcat fan.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:14 pm

utucats wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:55 pm
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:

You can go to hell.
+1

Hopefully BnBnG was drunk when he posted that

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Hawker93
New Recruit

Post by Hawker93 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:25 pm

I hate that the UM radio guys are calling our program classless. I sat somewhat near our bench and saw a fan throw literal human feces on Brayden Konkol mid-game. Absolutely ridiculous.