Program growth

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Program growth

Post by catgrad05 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:40 pm

The last couple of days I’ve re watched the last two Cat griz games. In 2016 I really feel that stitt had the better overall talent top to bottom in that game and he underestimated the game by a lot.
The amount of Players from the state of Montana on the Cats team where the difference. The Cats willed themselves to the win in 2016. I’m not saying we did not have great play makers but the overall team speed was definitely in the little team to the west’s favor.

Last year I feel the talent gap closed significantly. But once again I think MSU took the game and it’s meaning more serious than dUMb. There is no doubt that Choate and company where better at motivating than their counterparts.

So here is the two big questions.

Have the Cats passed the fiz in overall talent top to bottom? I believe we have comparing the overall team top to bottom.

Does MSU still hold the motivation advantage? I can not definitely answer that one. I believe this will be the determining factor. The team that can harness the emotions of this weekends Cat Griz game will come out the victor.

Come out too amped and mistakes will happen. Not enough energy and will get overwhelmed. This game will be a great coaching battle imo

Here2inform
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Program growth

Post by Here2inform » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:44 am

Totally agree on all points.

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:53 am

Hauck will have his team much more ready than Stitt. Motivational factor is a push this year. Talent: MSU. The Cats have more experience but the Griz will return 20 starters next year. The Cats, for that matter, are likely to return 17 starters. Choate is the only coach since Kramer that can match or surpass Bobby in motivation. One key that the Griz do have is special teams; watch for that on Saturday. I think the Cats have more heart! The war will be won, as always, be the line play!

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:41 am

I will reserve judgement on our growth until Khaslam and Catastrophy hi-jack this thread as well.