The winner of Cat/Griz gets......

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

KHaslam
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: The winner of Cat/Griz gets......

Post by KHaslam » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:45 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:01 pm
This is a forgone conclusion, I'm never wrong. We beat Griz we are in playoffs, with a first round home game.
That you lose but congrats

Don't take my word for it, take the Missoulians!

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:04 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:38 am
DriscollCat wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:26 am
91catAlum wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:20 am
cats2506 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:08 am
I dont think the Weber ISU game is critical for us, ISU has a DII on the schedule and cannot get to 7 DI wins.
It would seem that way, but everything I've read from Craig Haley, and HERO Sports says otherwise.
7 D1 wins isn't a requirement. There will be at least 1 MVC team that gets in with 6 wins.
If Idaho state beats Weber, I think they're in at 7-4 with a D2 win.
If they could get to 7 wins, they could beat another BSC team in, in fact, they would beat us in with the head to head. They aren't going to get in over a team from the same conference with more DI wins.
I hope you're right, but like I said, that's not what the FCS pundits are saying. If Idaho State beats Weber, they'd be 6-2 in the conference, with wins over MSU, UND, and Weber. There's no way MSU gets in over ISU if they knock off Weber to get to 7-4/6-2 even with the D2 win.

From HERO Sports: https://herosports.com/fcs/football-pla ... teams-bzbz
"MSU is in the same predicament as Montana with none of its wins coming against playoff teams, unless WIU gets in at 6-5. What does help is three of the losses are against Top 5 teams. If the Bobcats win at Montana and Idaho State doesn't pull off the upset on Weber, they have a decent shot."
"The Bengals will not be able to reach seven D1 victories because of a non-counter win and hosts highly-ranked Weber State this weekend. A win would be hard to keep them out at 6-2 in the Big Sky and with wins against bubble teams UND and Montana State."
91 you are absolutely correct. ISU beats Weber, they are in easily as the 4th Big Sky team.

60's Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 60's Cat » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:48 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:04 pm
91catAlum wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
I dont think the Weber ISU game is critical for us, ISU has a DII on the schedule and cannot get to 7 DI wins.
It would seem that way, but everything I've read from Craig Haley, and HERO Sports says otherwise.
7 D1 wins isn't a requirement. There will be at least 1 MVC team that gets in with 6 wins.
If they could get to 7 wins, they could beat another BSC team in, in fact, they would beat us in with the head to head. They aren't going to get in over a team from the same conference with more DI wins.
I hope you're right, but like I said, that's not what the FCS pundits are saying. If Idaho State beats Weber, they'd be 6-2 in the conference, with wins over MSU, UND, and Weber. There's no way MSU gets in over ISU if they knock off Weber to get to 7-4/6-2 even with the D2 win.

"MSU is in the same predicament as Montana with none of its wins coming against playoff teams, unless WIU gets in at 6-5. What does help is three of the losses are against Top 5 teams. If the Bobcats win at Montana and Idaho State doesn't pull off the upset on Weber, they have a decent shot."
"The Bengals will not be able to reach seven D1 victories because of a non-counter win and hosts highly-ranked Weber State this weekend. A win would be hard to keep them out at 6-2 in the Big Sky and with wins against bubble teams UND and Montana State."
91 you are absolutely correct. ISU beats Weber, they are in easily as the 4th Big Sky team.
Because the NCAA would love to have 4,000 fans in attendance.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:12 pm

60's Cat wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:48 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
cats2506 wrote:

There is no way the committee would ever leave ISU home IF they beat Weber. They’d have 6 D1 wins, with wins over a current ranked MSU, once ranked UND, and top ranked Weber. They’d also be 6-2 in the Big Sky at that point. Committee would throw out their win over a D2 team but would also throw out its losses to 2 different FBS teams. When you start looking at heads up wins, ISU takes it over MSU and UND as well. No brainer. I don’t think they’ll beat Weber though.

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:41 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:12 pm
60's Cat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
cats2506 wrote:

There is no way the committee would ever leave ISU home IF they beat Weber. They’d have 6 D1 wins, with wins over a current ranked MSU, once ranked UND, and top ranked Weber. They’d also be 6-2 in the Big Sky at that point. Committee would throw out their win over a D2 team but would also throw out its losses to 2 different FBS teams. When you start looking at heads up wins, ISU takes it over MSU and UND as well. No brainer. I don’t think they’ll beat Weber though.
I agree, if ISU and MSU win, ISU is very likely in over the Cats.

It’s been said many times, but the Cats need to root for ISU to lose and the UND game is most likely irrelevant (but a UND loss would still be great to help those odds in the case of a Cats win)

The griz need to root for both ISU and UND to lose in order for them to get in with a win.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:48 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:41 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:12 pm
60's Cat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
DriscollCat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
cats2506 wrote:

I agree, if ISU and MSU win, ISU is very likely in over the Cats.

It’s been said many times, but the Cats need to root for ISU to lose and the UND game is most likely irrelevant (but a UND loss would still be great to help those odds in the case of a Cats win)

The griz need to root for both ISU and UND to lose in order for them to get in with a win.
Correct and spot on.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:56 pm

3 guys at HERO sports project the playoff bracket. Only 1 of them has MSU in, none have the griz, and all 3 have Idaho State! That is surprising, because they will have to beat Weber tomorrow IMO.

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-her ... -2018-ajaj

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:03 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:50 am
A home playoff game.

Both stadiums will fill, maximizing revenue for the NCAA. Take it to the bank!

BUMP. 8-[

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:04 pm

KHaslam wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:45 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:01 pm
This is a forgone conclusion, I'm never wrong. We beat Griz we are in playoffs, with a first round home game.
That you lose but congrats
ALSO BUMP.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level