Did I watch a different game??

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Did I watch a different game??

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:12 pm

bcatfan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:39 am
I had to work yesterday and didn’t get to watch the game live. After reading the game thread here, I wasn’t sure I wanted to watch. But I decided to watch the recording this morning to see just “how bad” we really are..... What I saw was a complete mismatch of athletes.

A minimum of 6 times I replayed a play to show my wife “watch this!” Yes. We still need a QB who can throw. But that game was a dominant performance. All the UNC defense could do in the 2nd half was look to the sidelines bewildered trying to figure out how to tackle Ifanse and Andersen.

I don’t get the current negativity. I hope Troy isn’t our long term solution at QB (that’s the hand the coaches were dealt). But the amount of talent we have on this Cat squad right now is impressive. This team and coaching staff is on the right track. And regardless of the soap opera drama on this board, I am excited for what’s to come!
Earlier in the year people were complaining about the lack of forced turnovers. MSU made two big plays on defense to set the offense up (eventually) for short scoring drives, which in turn limit offensive total yardage and ypp.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:27 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:12 pm
bcatfan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:39 am
I had to work yesterday and didn’t get to watch the game live. After reading the game thread here, I wasn’t sure I wanted to watch. But I decided to watch the recording this morning to see just “how bad” we really are..... What I saw was a complete mismatch of athletes.

A minimum of 6 times I replayed a play to show my wife “watch this!” Yes. We still need a QB who can throw. But that game was a dominant performance. All the UNC defense could do in the 2nd half was look to the sidelines bewildered trying to figure out how to tackle Ifanse and Andersen.

I don’t get the current negativity. I hope Troy isn’t our long term solution at QB (that’s the hand the coaches were dealt). But the amount of talent we have on this Cat squad right now is impressive. This team and coaching staff is on the right track. And regardless of the soap opera drama on this board, I am excited for what’s to come!
Earlier in the year people were complaining about the lack of forced turnovers. MSU made two big plays on defense to set the offense up (eventually) for short scoring drives, which in turn limit offensive total yardage and ypp.
LOVE these guys forcing turnovers lately. game changers!

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Anacomando wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:13 pm
I'm waiting for Jonsen to throw when he is QB....it has to be coming! Andersen had some okay throws. His deep ball was nice. Cat/Griz will be the final time we see Andersen at QB in his career: hopefully he spreads the ball around nicely!
Not the final time....we still have the playoffs.

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:33 pm

utucats wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:29 pm
Anacomando wrote:
I'm waiting for Jonsen to throw when he is QB....it has to be coming! Andersen had some okay throws. His deep ball was nice. Cat/Griz will be the final time we see Andersen at QB in his career: hopefully he spreads the ball around nicely!
A win is a huge step; but Haslem is on that comittee. There is no way he would be unbiased and help choose the Cats if they beat the Griz on Saturday! Just my two cents!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:38 pm

Anacomando wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:33 pm
utucats wrote:
Anacomando wrote:
A win is a huge step; but Haslem is on that comittee. There is no way he would be unbiased and help choose the Cats if they beat the Griz on Saturday! Just my two cents!
Haslam would be pro-MSU. They all work for the same employer. He would have some irate bosses if he did something to the detriment of the state of Montana.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:39 pm

Anacomando wrote:
utucats wrote:
Anacomando wrote:
I believe out of all the conference administrators, Haslam is the only one who actually understands what is going on with the playoffs and how the polls function.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:46 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:38 pm
Anacomando wrote:
utucats wrote:
Anacomando wrote:
Haslam would be pro-MSU. They all work for the same employer. He would have some irate bosses if he did something to the detriment of the state of Montana.
It always fascinates me to look at how the coaches, SIDs and media votes in all of these polls. There are several who just don't understand the politics and the consequences of not supporting your conference, let alone the number of administrators who basically screw their own employers. I've looked at SIDs votes and just shook my head wondering why their ADs keep them around at times.

killinthegriz4
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by killinthegriz4 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:07 pm

Anacomando wrote:
I'm sure you'll see him play QB four more times this year after Cat/Griz;)

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:01 pm

killinthegriz4 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:07 pm
Anacomando wrote:
I'm sure you'll see him play QB four more times this year after Cat/Griz;)
=D^ =D^ =D^

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:59 pm

And next year.