Hauck created the hate

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Re: Hauck created the hate

Post by catgrad05 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:45 pm

Montana leads 72–39–5 (.642); with both in NCAA Montana leads 32–28 (.533); with both in Big Sky Montana leads 30–24 (.556)

Pretty dang close since both joined the NCAA and big sky. And yes the streak is when they passed the Cats when playing at the same level.

asstastic
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by asstastic » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:50 pm

mtgrizfankb wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:04 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:36 am
KHaslam wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:30 am
KittieKop wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:38 am
grizband wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:48 pm
PapaG wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:22 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:19 am
Quote of the year from Choate.

"Let's be honest: If I'm not 2-0 against those guys he's (Hauck) probably still in San Diego. I didn't get a thank you card when he became the all-time winningest coach in University if Montana history last week." :lol: =D^
It seems that Hauck and Choate have a genuine respect for each other, and each are having fun with the rivalry, which is a refreshing change from Ash's seeming nonchalance about Cat-Griz. I'll add that the public persona Bobby has displayed in round two as Griz coach seems more smartass/playful than the full-on asshole he was pre-UNLV failure.
Im glad both of our nonchalant coaches weren't here simultaneously.
Quote from Hauck to 406 Sports: ""My opinion is any time the Grizzlies play, it's a big game. So, our preparation is uniform throughout the season. It won't differ this week."

It seems Hauck is saying this is like every other game during the season. :coffee:
For us it is like every other game in the season, for Cat fans its their Superbowl, March Madness and Kentucky Derby rolled into one.

Ya that's why you fired 7-4 Bob Stitt and hired back Hauck, cuz Cat griz is just another game to you guys.
:lol: :lol:
It matters to both fan bases and anyone who says different is wrong. It's embarrassing to lose to MSU. I don't want that to be offensive to MSU fans but honestly that's how Griz fans look at it. If we lose to MSU people think the program is a joke and really get down on the program. I know many MSU fans and they don't think of it that way. If MSU loses to Montana people get bummed but its nothing like what Griz fans feel. I don't know why...maybe its because of the streak. Griz fans were used to beating on MSU so long that its just a given for most people. It's expected the griz beat MSU....its not logical but I guess fans are not logical. However when MSU does win...their fans get super excited about it...they get way more excited about a win than griz fans. It's just different fan bases. neither is right or wrong or big brother/little brother. That's how I see it anyway
Best post ever.

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:52 pm

catgrad05 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:45 pm
Montana leads 72–39–5 (.642); with both in NCAA Montana leads 32–28 (.533); with both in Big Sky Montana leads 30–24 (.556)

Pretty dang close since both joined the NCAA and big sky. And yes the streak is when they passed the Cats when playing at the same level.
And FYI Ash was 2-7 against the griz so it was closer in the Big Sky in the Kramer years aka Bobby’s first stint. Maybe that’s why he was so adamant about the game? He may have been the coach when the fizz took over the lead when playing in the NCAA?

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:57 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:28 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:23 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:14 pm
dUMb seems unusually proud of the games they won when the Cats were NAIA, but whatever. Anybody have the current head to head of the games when we played at the same level? I thought VIM posted in once and I think the fuzz were still ahead, but not by much. I seem to remember it was a smaller number than the streak, meaning that the Cats were actually ahead before the streak started.
I believe they lead the series 32-28 since we joined the NCAA. But they’re very happy with those NAIA wins so it wouldn’t be nice to take those away....
Thanks. There's also games at the beginning that ran through the 1910's (or so) when we were playing at the same level. I think those should count too, but the NCAA comparison is also a good metric.
You’re right, I don’t remember the exact breakdown from back then, I remember hearing it at some point, but there was a short period of time 100 years ago they were the same level. Then about 40 years or so where they weren’t.

The easiest and probably best apples to apples comparison to do is from 1963, when the Big Sky was formed, at this point they’re both D1 AA and in the same conference.
Since that time it is 24 wins for the Cats and 30 for the griz.

Going back just a few more years to 1957 when both teams were officially members of the NCAA, it is 28 wins for the Cats and 32 for the griz.

So they may pound their chests about that overall record, and I get it, it is what it is, but by actually looking at the facts in a logical manner (not easy for some griz fans to do) it’s easy to see it’s pretty even when at the same level.

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:11 pm

catgrad05 wrote:

Another thing that’s close but you’d never guess by talking to a griz fan is Big Sky conference titles.

The Cats have won outright or a share of the conference 15 times. Most recently in 2012.

The griz have won 18 times. Most recently in 2009.

https://bigskyconf.com/sports/2010/6/30 ... spx?id=513&

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:18 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:11 pm
catgrad05 wrote:

Another thing that’s close but you’d never guess by talking to a griz fan is Big Sky conference titles.

The Cats have won outright or a share of the conference 15 times. Most recently in 2012.

The griz have won 18 times. Most recently in 2009.

https://bigskyconf.com/sports/2010/6/30 ... spx?id=513&
When we went from McGee to Prukop I really thought we would close that gap. I would never have guessed neither team would win a conference championship in the last 6 years. The cats where trending up and that other team was trending down

aucat

Post by aucat » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:02 am

I prefer class in a rivalry where when the game is over the players shake hands and the winner congratulates the loser. Hauck is the antithesis of class. I recall him refusing to be interviewed by the Cat announcers. He blew off his own student newspaper when Hauck’s thugs on campus were creating big problems. UM is a university in decline. Their student population is now a little over half of MSU’s. The very fact that UM hired him back speaks volumes about UM

catamaran
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by catamaran » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:37 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:23 pm
KHaslam wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:22 pm
catscat wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:33 pm
'Cats fans are just better at manning up after a loss as they go back to work as engineers, ranchers, architects, business owners and managers on Monday morning and griz fans go back to work asking "do you want fries with that." When all you have in life is your fast food job and Walmart griz shirt, it sure can hurt your "arrogance" when your team loses. Oh, and the reason 'Cat fans are happier than griz fans after a win is because we don't have listen to as much "arrogance" for the next year.
I believe you guys are just used to losing. I totally understand that this series is very lopsided.
I'd say it's you guys who are used to losing lately. Yes, the griz ruled the 1910s, 1920s, 30s, and 40s. Congrats, hope you enjoyed those years :lol:
Yet couldnt beat Butte High....

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

Catastrophy11
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catastrophy11 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:44 am

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:14 am

WeedKillinCat wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:52 pm
[quo

It matters to both fan bases and anyone who says different is wrong. It's embarrassing to lose to MSU. I don't want that to be offensive to MSU fans but honestly that's how Griz fans look at it. If we lose to MSU people think the program is a joke and really get down on the program. I know many MSU fans and they don't think of it that way. If MSU loses to Montana people get bummed but its nothing like what Griz fans feel. I don't know why...maybe its because of the streak. Griz fans were used to beating on MSU so long that its just a given for most people. It's expected the griz beat MSU....its not logical but I guess fans are not logical. However when MSU does win...their fans get super excited about it...they get way more excited about a win than griz fans. It's just different fan bases. neither is right or wrong or big brother/little brother. That's how I see it anyway
You know what gets me excited as much as a win is watching MSU's enrollment increasing every year and um's taking a dump in the toilet. MSU is now the Flagship University and has been for several years.
[/quote]

Best comment in the entire conversation

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:38 am

dUMb might technically be a flagship (thanks to our legislature), but they're not even close to being the state's premier university.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Cledus wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:38 am
dUMb might technically be a flagship (thanks to our legislature), but they're not even close to being the state's premier university.
The flag on their ship is sinking (along with the rest of the ship).

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Cledus wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:38 am

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:44 pm

This is a very thoughtful point and I mostly agree with it. Case in point: My beautiful, lovely, intelligent Bobcat daughter married a grizzly (grew up a Griz and went to UM). Her husband was born in '85, Cats won that year. After that, the first time he knew what it felt like to lose to the Cats he was 17 years old. In his mind, it was an automatic win. Mail it in. It has only been the last few years that he is even beginning to understand what it feels like to be a normal fan of a normal team. And he has yet to experience a REALLY bad year (2-9, 3-8). He (like most Griz fans) think the years under Stitt were really bad years even though they were above .500 and went to the playoffs one year. To any other fan base those were not bad years. It is still my hope that sometime soon griz fans get to experience what a few really bad years feels like.

I definitely agree that 'Cat fans get super excited about winning. I DO NOT agree the MSU fans get "bummed but its nothing like what Griz fans feel." It totally devastates me.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:38 pm

Well from 64 to 85 the Griz won like 4 times. A also grew up thinking it was an automatic W

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:39 pm

And losing to the Griz is still embarrassing:)

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:55 pm

mtgrizfankb wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:04 pm
It matters to both fan bases and anyone who says different is wrong. It's embarrassing to lose to MSU. If we lose to MSU people think the program is a joke and really get down on the program.
Enjoy the off season poor sport...you lost your Superbowl.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.