R&R Cat Cast - New Bobcat Fan Podcast

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat80
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: R&R Cat Cast - New Bobcat Fan Podcast

Post by Bobcat80 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:02 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:45 pm
Bobcat80 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:43 pm
Long time listener....first time complainer. I love your podcast. You guys do an amazing job. Can I just say one thing though? The S is silent in Illinois. Stepping off my soap box now. Keep up the good work.
I cringed at myself every time I said it as I listened back! Wow
If that's the worst thing some dumbass :lol: can say about your podcast, you guys are in great shape. I look forward to it each time.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:21 pm

I thought it was interesting to hear that WIU took a 9 hour bus ride down to Northern Alabama. No wonder they played like crap.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:27 pm

Bobcat80 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:02 pm
Common Cat wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:45 pm
Bobcat80 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:43 pm
Long time listener....first time complainer. I love your podcast. You guys do an amazing job. Can I just say one thing though? The S is silent in Illinois. Stepping off my soap box now. Keep up the good work.
I cringed at myself every time I said it as I listened back! Wow
If that's the worst thing some dumbass :lol: can say about your podcast, you guys are in great shape. I look forward to it each time.
Thanks! Send us a question- we need more Golden Koozie winners.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:40 pm

"S" isn't the only thing going to be silent in Illinois this weekend.
Their crowd will be in shock and awe after going 0-3.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:40 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:40 pm
"S" isn't the only thing going to be silent in Illinois this weekend.
Their crowd will be in shock and awe after going 0-3.
👏👏👏

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:17 am

Well, a win is a win is a win. We recap the WIU win and look forward to Norfolk State, who we both think is overmatched. Unfortunately I couldn't find a guest to help us preview NSU so you have to listen to us attempt to do it.

Thanks for all your Golden Koozie questions! We answered every one of them we received (I hope we didn't miss anyone).

Anchor:
https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast/episodes/We ... 1/a-antm41

iTunes:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/w ... 0450239442

Stitcher

Throughout the season we will be giving away R&R Cat Cast beer koozies, simply send us your questions via Twitter, here on Bobcatnation, or rrcatcast@gmail.com and we'll pick one winner per episode and answer the question on the podcast and we will get one in the mail for you.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:47 pm

Is “splitting the baby” a saying or did I make it up? Seems weird.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:31 am

For the first time in MSU history, 3 different running backs run for over 100 yards in a route of MEAC foe Norfolk State. We recap the game and then give our good, bad and ugly from the out of conference slate and what we need to work on heading into conference play overall. We then preview the big NAU game as 10th year senior Case Cookus comes to town.

Thanks for all your Golden Koozie questions! We did have a winner this week.

Anchor:
https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast/episodes/No ... 1/a-aon2fe

iTunes:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/n ... 0451189946

Stitcher

Throughout the season we will be giving away R&R Cat Cast beer koozies, simply send us your questions via Twitter, here on Bobcatnation, or rrcatcast@gmail.com and we'll pick one winner per episode and answer the question on the podcast and we will get one in the mail for you.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:50 pm

You guys mentioned on the show and others have commented as well that you don't trust Choate on QBs. Specifically mentioning him starting Rovig last year and then Troy after that. Rovig started because Troy broke his hand. They brought Troy back against a team that was really bad against the run and it worked. He moves guys around on defense as well. Goal is to get best guys in a position to take advantage of the opponent each week

Sports is not bigger than life

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:50 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:50 pm
You guys mentioned on the show and others have commented as well that you don't trust Choate on QBs. Specifically mentioning him starting Rovig last year and then Troy after that. Rovig started because Troy broke his hand. They brought Troy back against a team that was really bad against the run and it worked. He moves guys around on defense as well. Goal is to get best guys in a position to take advantage of the opponent each week
I just don't think he's really done any of the QBs here any favors in the confidence department, and yes that includes Bruggman. I don't think QB is necessarily a position where you can just move guys around. No QB wants to be recruited to come play some or most of the snaps, or not even at all if coach thinks another guy is a better matchup against this team than you are. Choate even himself basically admitted they need to get better at managing the rotating QB/wildcat rotation in a presser a week or two ago.

If I'm Rovig after Wagner last year, I'm thinking what the hell do I have to do to win this job. I get why Troy started at PSU and obviously it worked, but we stuck with Troy even when we played EWU the next week.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:51 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:50 pm
tetoncat wrote:
I just don't think he's really done any of the QBs here any favors in the confidence department, and yes that includes Bruggman. I don't think QB is necessarily a position where you can just move guys around. No QB wants to be recruited to come play some or most of the snaps, or not even at all if coach thinks another guy is a better matchup against this team than you are. Choate even himself basically admitted they need to get better at managing the rotating QB/wildcat rotation in a presser a week or two ago.

If I'm Rovig after Wagner last year, I'm thinking what the hell do I have to do to win this job. I get why Troy started at PSU and obviously it worked, but we stuck with Troy even when we played EWU the next week.
Choate wasn't ready to go with Rovig as starter until the bye week, which was after EWU. Thats when Rovig broke his foot.
At least that is what Choate has said - it was the bye week they were going to make the transition to Rovig. The earlier games he played (SDSU and Wagner) were due to injury to Troy.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:15 am

As always, great work guys. And thanks for the plug!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:35 am

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:51 pm
CelticCat wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

Choate wasn't ready to go with Rovig as starter until the bye week, which was after EWU. Thats when Rovig broke his foot.
At least that is what Choate has said - it was the bye week they were going to make the transition to Rovig. The earlier games he played (SDSU and Wagner) were due to injury to Troy.
What I don’t trust is RnR CatCast. No matter how many times people tell CelticCat that Rovig was going to start vs Idaho AND going forward, he still doesn’t acknowledge it. It’s an old media trick to keep people paying attention to you: say something controversial to get attention.

There are too many people winging it out there. Leave the reporting to real reporters like Colter, Rachac, Chronicle crew.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:13 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:35 am
91catAlum wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

What I don’t trust is RnR CatCast. No matter how many times people tell CelticCat that Rovig was going to start vs Idaho AND going forward, he still doesn’t acknowledge it. It’s an old media trick to keep people paying attention to you: say something controversial to get attention.

There are too many people winging it out there. Leave the reporting to real reporters like Colter, Rachac, Chronicle crew.
You don’t have to trust anyone. It’s entertainment, it’s fun to listen to banter and opinions. Should we all just have this site just shut down since we aren’t working for a media outlet?

I appreciate that there is enough interest again in Bobcat football that people want to do these things.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:05 am

iaafan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

If he wants to think Choate was fibbing about making the move to Rovig last year, thats fine, who knows, maybe he was. I just want him to get the timeline right. Choate said it was over the bye week that he was considering making the move to Rovig, not after the Wagner game.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:43 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:05 am
iaafan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

If he wants to think Choate was fibbing about making the move to Rovig last year, thats fine, who knows, maybe he was. I just want him to get the timeline right. Choate said it was over the bye week that he was considering making the move to Rovig, not after the Wagner game.
Why would he fib about that?

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:50 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:43 am
91catAlum wrote:
iaafan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

I don't believe he was fibbing, but the reason could be to help Rovig's confidence.

I'm just saying that it was the bye week that Choate says they were gonna make the move. The argument I think Ryan had against that was "if that's true then why didn't Rovig start at PSU?" and I'm pointing out that doesn't match the timeline of the bye week which was 2-3 weeks later.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:09 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:50 am
iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:43 am
91catAlum wrote:
iaafan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

I don't believe he was fibbing, but the reason could be to help Rovig's confidence.

I'm just saying that it was the bye week that Choate says they were gonna make the move. The argument I think Ryan had against that was "if that's true then why didn't Rovig start at PSU?" and I'm pointing out that doesn't match the timeline of the bye week which was 2-3 weeks later.
This has been explained a number of times. Either he hasn’t checked back to the thread after asking that question or he just doesn’t want to accept that answer. Who knows?

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:30 am

I work late on week days and always look forward to listening in. I have a beer and unwind, it's like having a beer and talking about MSU football with friends. I also feel like Choate messed up wits Rovig last year. It seemed like a no brainer that he should have started vs eastern Washington.

Anyways, enjoy your show. Please keep doing what you do.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:39 am

bobcatfan123 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:30 am
I work late on week days and always look forward to listening in. I have a beer and unwind, it's like having a beer and talking about MSU football with friends. I also feel like Choate messed up wits Rovig last year. It seemed like a no brainer that he should have started vs eastern Washington.

Anyways, enjoy your show. Please keep doing what you do.
I just wanna make sure I read that right: A week after Andersen ran for 211 and two TDs and passed for 107 on 14 attempts and one TD, it seemed like a no-brainer to replace him with Rovig?