Brott-Natee-Amos-Andersen

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Brott-Natee-Amos-Andersen

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:34 am

If that formation isn’t the most intimidating in college football, then please show me what is. Punishing. MSU should call that play cruelty to animals.

Hey everyone!! Andersen is running to his left! If you’ve ever been to a Northern Rodeo Association event you’ll know what I mean when I say the defenders on that side look like the goat in women’s goat-tying.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Brott-Natee-Amos-Andersen

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:47 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:34 am
If that formation isn’t the most intimidating in college football, then please show me what is. Punishing. MSU should call that play cruelty to animals.

Hey everyone!! Andersen is running to his left! If you’ve ever been to a Northern Rodeo Association event you’ll know what I mean when I say the defenders on that side look like the goat in women’s goat-tying.
:lol:

Well said

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:27 am

SWX had some great replays showcasing Amos' blocks. Terrific!

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:51 am

Can’t wait to see a pass out of this formation.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:05 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:51 am
Hope we can find someone to throw it. Maybe Natee?

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:30 am

I liked Callaghan's remark about Natee. "He leaves a lasting impression on linebackers."

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:46 pm

TomCat88 wrote:

Love seeing Big Bacon lead blocking on the corner and kicking the corner for Andersen.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:46 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

Love seeing Big Bacon lead blocking on the corner and kicking the corner for Andersen.
And Amos had some beautiful seal blocks on the DE.

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Marana CAT » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:55 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:05 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Are you related to TR?

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:19 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:05 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Yeah, because you know Andersen can’t.

toM StUber

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:52 am

That formation is hardly fair to our opponents. Plus Natee's ability to pin the edge has been really impressive. I made a comment in a different thread about how I hope EWU is feeling residual pain from the Prothereo treatment, and I really do think it gives us a chance to hammer them again with the Natee treatment. As long as we are productive on first down, and as long as we don't fall too far behind I think we can eventually wear them down.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:34 am

Darth Yoda wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:52 am
That formation is hardly fair to our opponents. Plus Natee's ability to pin the edge has been really impressive. I made a comment in a different thread about how I hope EWU is feeling residual pain from the Prothereo treatment, and I really do think it gives us a chance to hammer them again with the Natee treatment. As long as we are productive on first down, and as long as we don't fall too far behind I think we can eventually wear them down.
I didn't read much about that game but EWU scored 70 points for the love of God. I'm guessing any treatment delivered by Prothereo was minimal, and to EWU 2nd string in the 2nd half.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:10 am

Those 4 are the new Bobcat POWER HOUR :)

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:28 am

TomCat88 wrote:

They are good, but...

#-o in all of college football

You cant be serious.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:30 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:28 am
TomCat88 wrote:

They are good, but...

You cant be serious.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:48 am

catatac wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:34 am
Darth Yoda wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:52 am
I didn't read much about that game but EWU scored 70 points for the love of God. I'm guessing any treatment delivered by Prothereo was minimal, and to EWU 2nd string in the 2nd half.
Not quite. There's more to that Poly game than meets the eye. Poly went 18 plays to start the game but had to settle for a FG. We need TDs not FGs, but EWU had trouble stopping the run. Poly then got the ball back after a 3 and out (yes, I said 3 and out), but fumbled and gave up a scoop and score. If we do that crap we will get beat bad, but Poly is still winning 3-0 on offense. Then Poly gave up a 62 yard run. If we give up big plays we will be in trouble. They have to earn their yards. Poly gave up a legitimate drive for a TD, but then responded with a TD of their own. This is actually a decent game, but Poly gave up ANOTHER fumble for a scoop and score (plus another big play to close the half).

Poly opens the 2nd half holding EWU to another 3 and out (yes, I said 3 and out), and then score a TD. This is actually a decent game at this point when comparing offense to offense, but then the wheels fell off with more big plays.

So my point still stands. EWU wasn't great at stopping Poly's run game other than creating fumbles. We've shown we can protect the ball. Poly gave a ridiculous number of big plays, but we're hoping with the return of Kanow, and healthy Collins, and a healthy Alleyne we make them earn their yards and hopefully kick more FGs.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:32 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:30 am
Go Scats Go wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:28 am
TomCat88 wrote:

They are good, but...

You cant be serious.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
This is what I said -
“If that formation isn’t the most intimidating in college football, then please show me what is.“

So go ahead and show me one that is. If you find one more, or even as, intimidating, then I will stand corrected. Just find a 260 lb RB leading a 6-3, 225 QB on a regular basis and you got me.

toM StUber

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:19 pm

Just watched the replay-and I must say, Natee really moves people around. He's doing a lot more than just running the ball for sure.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:41 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:19 pm
Just watched the replay-and I must say, Natee really moves people around. He's doing a lot more than just running the ball for sure.
He hit one guy and all you could see on the replay was the guy’s legs flying through the air upside down.

toM StUber

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:20 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:41 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:19 pm
He hit one guy and all you could see on the replay was the guy’s legs flying through the air upside down.
I also enjoyed Big Bacon getting a couple handoffs (other than goal line situation) where it looked like he got 4 or 5 yards up near middle of field and was open if he could have escaped that last tackle. It helps keep defense a bit honest and not overlook him....on some of his recruiting video posted earlier he had several nice runs.

I hope I get to see him break out for a 10 or 15 yard rumble some time this season and force a DB to hit him. I still laugh at Choates comment on that which went something like "they will have to make a real business decision to make that tackle".