Who wins the QB battle?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: Who wins the QB battle?

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:14 pm

Rovig regains confidence, battles way back into QB competition
https://skylinesportsmt.com/rovig-regai ... mpetition/

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:41 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:42 am
My understanding is Bauman is a 5.2 forty guy so not overly mobile. Rovig has got the advantage here and it could play a role.
Some other 5 + forty guys ~ Nick Foles ~ Philip Rivers ~ Peyton Manning ~ Big Ben ~ Tom Brady ~ Eli Manning ~
Dan Marino .

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

Mtcatfan

Post by Mtcatfan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm

Good to know BB.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:51 pm

Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:41 pm
Mtcatfan wrote:
My understanding is Bauman is a 5.2 forty guy so not overly mobile. Rovig has got the advantage here and it could play a role.
Some other 5 + forty guys ~ Nick Foles ~ Philip Rivers ~ Peyton Manning ~ Big Ben ~ Tom Brady ~ Eli Manning ~
Dan Marino .
I checked a few.
Nick Foles 4.89
Big Ben 4.98
Tom Brady 5.28
I don’t think Brady will amount to much with a time like that. 😂

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:56 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:51 pm
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
Mtcatfan wrote:
Dan Marino .
I checked a few.
Nick Foles 4.89
Big Ben 4.98
Tom Brady 5.28
I feel like Eli had to have been under 5 in his heyday.

Edit: He was a 4.92?! Peyton was a burner at 4.8!

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:58 pm

5.2 is kinda slow. That's what I ran in highschool and my legs are probably a full foot shorter than Bauman's lol!

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Buckaroo Bonzi

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:05 pm

technoCat wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:56 pm
Long Time Cat wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:51 pm
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
Mtcatfan wrote:
Dan Marino .
I checked a few.
Nick Foles 4.89
Big Ben 4.98
Tom Brady 5.28
I feel like Eli had to have been under 5 in his heyday.

Edit: He was a 4.92?! Peyton was a burner at 4.8!
Ya I was thinking of tall QB's that weren't that fast and could Spin the Ball . Those we're probably all time best
times ,wind aided and a tip to the timer lol . I suspect after a year in the Bobcat off season strength and stretching
Program Casey will be there with them speed wise. I didn't think Peyton was that fast, and there we're some that
called BS on Eli's 4.92 . They didn't get Archie's wheels . :)

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:58 pm

I don't know where you got that 4.98 for Big Ben, but he ran 4.75 at the combine. Although, since the 40 yard dash means slightly less than nothing, that's kind of an irrelevant detail.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:52 am

technoCat wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:58 pm
5.2 is kinda slow. That's what I ran in highschool and my legs are probably a full foot shorter than Bauman's lol!
I have watched Bauman at every practice so far. He can run. He is a complete QB that can do it all very well. Right now, there is a lot being thrown at him as it is all new. Given that, I would say he is progressing very rapidly. Rovig has a whole year and a Spring ahead off Bauman and should be way ahead but that is not the case. Bauman is right there with him if not better.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:03 am

bobcatbob wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:52 am
technoCat wrote:
I have watched Bauman at every practice so far. He can run. He is a complete QB that can do it all very well. Right now, there is a lot being thrown at him as it is all new. Given that, I would say he is progressing very rapidly. Rovig has a whole year and a Spring ahead off Bauman and should be way ahead but that is not the case. Bauman is right there with him if not better.
I think your right which concerns me. I just don’t see how we will be better on offense this year versus last year. Personally losing Murray, whom would be ahead of any QB we have right now, will be huge. I’m not optimistic about the offense this year, I think it will be a lot like Murray’s first year, which won’t be good enough to compete for a playoff spot.

If your left, you aren’t right.

1984TwoMinutesHate
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 1984TwoMinutesHate » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:10 am

I'm just going to post this to keep it in Bobcat Nation's collective mind...

There are really two seasons we must contend with as Bobcats... roughly speaking:

i. pre mid-October
ii. post mid-October

When we talk about pro-style 6'-6" QBs who can really "spin the ball" in 7-on-7 drills during the Summer, we all must keep in mind how this translates to the second & more important season in our year?

Isn't Bauman from the Seattle area? Has he ever even played in snow? Can he "spin the ball" in 10 deg F weather, come November?

Keep all this in mind, as there are a number of Bobcats on the roster currently (mostly from the south) who have likely never even seen snow or been in cold weather in their lives.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:00 am

1984TwoMinutesHate wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:10 am

There are really two seasons we must contend with as Bobcats... roughly speaking:

i. pre mid-October
ii. post mid-October

When we talk about pro-style 6'-6" QBs who can really "spin the ball" in 7-on-7 drills during the Summer, we all must keep in mind how this translates to the second & more important season in our year?

Isn't Bauman from the Seattle area? Has he ever even played in snow? Can he "spin the ball" in 10 deg F weather, come November?

Keep all this in mind, as there are a number of Bobcats on the roster currently (mostly from the south) who have likely never even seen snow or been in cold weather in their lives.
I think this is a great point, very true for all of Montana football. However, IMO, if he truely has the personality and confidence I hear he has, then this kid is a gamer! Bad weather seperates the men from the boys; it determines pretenders or contenders; I am confident that our coaching staff is builidng mentally tough players that won't let physical elements impact their play.

asstastic

Post by asstastic » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:05 am

You know this topic might be running out steam when the topic veers to “out of state” player performance in November. Im gonna say whoever plays the best wins the job.

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:20 am

asstastic wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:05 am
You know this topic might be running out steam when the topic veers to “out of state” player performance in November. Im gonna say whoever plays the best wins the job.
If we score more points than the other team we will win also.....

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:28 am

Up at 5:00. Bust the ice off the water trough. Eat a plate of hot parts, eggs, flap jacks, hash browns. Be at practice by 6:00. Do some one-arm pull-ups to limber up. Short sleeves. Throw for six tds. Call ‘er a day.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:59 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:28 am
Up at 5:00. Bust the ice off the water trough. Eat a plate of hot parts, eggs, flap jacks, hash browns. Be at practice by 6:00. Do some one-arm pull-ups to limber up. Short sleeves. Throw for six tds. Call ‘er a day.
What are hot parts?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:13 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:03 am
bobcatbob wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:52 am
technoCat wrote:
I think your right which concerns me. I just don’t see how we will be better on offense this year versus last year. Personally losing Murray, whom would be ahead of any QB we have right now, will be huge. I’m not optimistic about the offense this year, I think it will be a lot like Murray’s first year, which won’t be good enough to compete for a playoff spot.
I think we will be a much more balanced team this year with a qb that can throw accurate passes. All of the qbs are decent runners with Anderson being a beast of a runner. In any event, we will have a much better passing game. Coles, the qb coach I am sure is going to improve our offense.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:19 am

i. pre mid-October
ii. post mid-October

Murray is from California.
Prukop was from Texas.
McGhee was from Texas.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over the November weather.

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:43 am

i. pre mid-October
ii. post mid-October

Spinning the ball is spinning the ball. If the ball is dry and he isn't coming in from sitting for 2.5 hours on the bench to finish the 4th quarter his hands will be more than warm and tacky enough to grip and throw the ball as if it were 85 degrees outside. I would be more concerned with rain games than snow games. The way some of the new footballs are made they become more difficult to handle when they get wet and since Sumas, Washington gets 50 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 39 inches of rain per year I'd say he's well conditioned to throwing the ball in wet weather. On top of that, he is 6'6" and cannot imagine he has little baby hands, so again gripping the ball and spinning it shouldn't be a problem.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:47 am

[quote=allcat post_id=633566 time=1533740394 user_id=15973]
[quote=iaafan post_id=633560 time=1533738534 user_id=170]
[/quote]

What are hot parts?
[/quote]

Hog, not hot. Lol