Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catsack
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by catsack » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:00 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:47 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:02 pm
Cledus wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:29 pm
He could still get a degree at MSU and then go into the military. You don’t have to go to one of the academies to become an officer. This was a bs move on his part.
You're right. We own him now. How dare he pursue a unique opportunity prior to the 2nd signing period. :roll:

It's not like he's leaving for UNC or CU. It's a military academy. That's the one (really three) school I'm ok with as long as the second signing period hasn't closed and/or he hasn't enrolled at MSU. The bigger issue, which technoCat brings up, is why do the academies get to continue recruiting a player after they've signed?
I’m not mad at him for choosing a military academy over MSU. But decommitting after you’ve given your word is bs. I would say the same thing no matter what school he decommitted to us for.

Yes, it was classy of Choate to let him go. But now it creates a thin spot we thought we had filled. The reason we thought it was filled is because he committed. By extension, that creates additional work for our coaching staff having to fill it again.

Yes, I know it’s all part of the game. I don’t wish bad things for the guy. That doesn’t change it was still a dick move.
What’s worse pulling a scholarship from a kid who committed, or a kid de committing



User avatar
Cledus
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3885
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by Cledus » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:04 pm

Good point. I had forgotten about that.

Can't remember precisely, but I'm pretty sure I intentionally sat out that discussion.

Edit:
That might have been because of Cole, but I know Choate still signed off on it so yeah, he owns it.

2nd edit: Choate never commented on it, so the story we got might be extraordinarily slanted.



Lydell
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:34 pm

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by Lydell » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:33 pm

I seem to remember hearing in the past that the service academies and the Ivy league schools do not participate in the letter of intent program, so an LOI doesn't bind a student who wants to switch to one of those. I bet this is the case here. If we are nice to this guy, he may come back in a year. I think a fair number of guys have a change of heart after some time at an academy.



User avatar
The Big Meowski
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Butte

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by The Big Meowski » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:12 pm

Not sure on this kids situation but I have no idea why kids would choose one of the academies over a full ride scholarship to a D1 school. OCS is a cake walk.


Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8354
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:13 pm

catsack wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:00 pm

What’s worse pulling a scholarship from a kid who committed, or a kid de committing
Might be a good idea to know the differences in a verbal commit and signing a letter of intent.


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

User avatar
RickRund
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3225
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by RickRund » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:12 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:55 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:50 pm
The title of the thread is very appropriate.
Nice catch! :thumbup:
Hahaha Just caught it..



User avatar
seataccat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Portland or Seattle

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by seataccat » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:27 pm

The Big Meowski wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:12 pm
Not sure on this kids situation but I have no idea why kids would choose one of the academies over a full ride scholarship to a D1 school. OCS is a cake walk.
Are you kidding me? An acadamy commission is way more prestigeous than OCS. Way different career path on average.


"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

AFCAT
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1817
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by AFCAT » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:32 pm

seataccat wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:27 pm
The Big Meowski wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:12 pm
Not sure on this kids situation but I have no idea why kids would choose one of the academies over a full ride scholarship to a D1 school. OCS is a cake walk.
Are you kidding me? An acadamy commission is way more prestigeous than OCS. Way different career path on average.
It’s OTS in the Air Force and that’s different from ROTC. How is the career path different?


Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact - Stacy Radke
E-mail stacy.radke@msuaf.org
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

User avatar
seataccat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Portland or Seattle

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by seataccat » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:39 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:32 pm
seataccat wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:27 pm
The Big Meowski wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:12 pm
Not sure on this kids situation but I have no idea why kids would choose one of the academies over a full ride scholarship to a D1 school. OCS is a cake walk.
Are you kidding me? An acadamy commission is way more prestigeous than OCS. Way different career path on average.
It’s OTS in the Air Force and that’s different from ROTC. How is the career path different?
Oh please... I fully understand that they all result in a military commission but for gawd sake if you think an ROTC scholarship or OCS is the same thing as attending the acadamy you are just not being truthful. I was an enlisted Marine, have been around enough officers to know.


"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

AFCAT
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1817
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by AFCAT » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:53 pm

seataccat wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:39 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:32 pm
seataccat wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:27 pm
The Big Meowski wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:12 pm
Not sure on this kids situation but I have no idea why kids would choose one of the academies over a full ride scholarship to a D1 school. OCS is a cake walk.
Are you kidding me? An acadamy commission is way more prestigeous than OCS. Way different career path on average.
It’s OTS in the Air Force and that’s different from ROTC. How is the career path different?
Oh please... I fully understand that they all result in a military commission but for gawd sake if you think an ROTC scholarship or OCS is the same thing as attending the acadamy you are just not being truthful. I was an enlisted Marine, have been around enough officers to know.
The Academy is a prestigious institution and there may be an initial advantage to the ring wearers, but OTS and ROTC grads have proven to advance in the AF at comparable rates to Academy grads. There may have been more of an advantage in the past, but it’s not so true anymore, even for pilot slots. Not trying to get in a big argument with you, just stating facts. This young man may have wanted to experience that unique experience of attending the AFA and that’s awesome. It certainly won’t look bad in his records. If you really want an advantage as an officer in the AF, be a rated officer versus a non rated one.


Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact - Stacy Radke
E-mail stacy.radke@msuaf.org
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

User avatar
seataccat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Portland or Seattle

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by seataccat » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:42 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:53 pm
seataccat wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:39 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:32 pm
seataccat wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:27 pm
The Big Meowski wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:12 pm
Not sure on this kids situation but I have no idea why kids would choose one of the academies over a full ride scholarship to a D1 school. OCS is a cake walk.
Are you kidding me? An acadamy commission is way more prestigeous than OCS. Way different career path on average.
It’s OTS in the Air Force and that’s different from ROTC. How is the career path different?
Oh please... I fully understand that they all result in a military commission but for gawd sake if you think an ROTC scholarship or OCS is the same thing as attending the acadamy you are just not being truthful. I was an enlisted Marine, have been around enough officers to know.
The Academy is a prestigious institution and there may be an initial advantage to the ring wearers, but OTS and ROTC grads have proven to advance in the AF at comparable rates to Academy grads. There may have been more of an advantage in the past, but it’s not so true anymore, even for pilot slots. Not trying to get in a big argument with you, just stating facts. This young man may have wanted to experience that unique experience of attending the AFA and that’s awesome. It certainly won’t look bad in his records. If you really want an advantage as an officer in the AF, be a rated officer versus a non rated one.
Ok peace. You would certainly know way more about that than I do. I stand corrected.


"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Common Cat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2031
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Spokane

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by Common Cat » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:48 pm

Don’t worry about the ones you don’t get....seem to have heard that somewhere...


@rfoley77

User avatar
The Big Meowski
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Butte

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by The Big Meowski » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:55 pm

seataccat wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:42 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:53 pm
seataccat wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:39 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:32 pm
seataccat wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:27 pm
The Big Meowski wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:12 pm
Not sure on this kids situation but I have no idea why kids would choose one of the academies over a full ride scholarship to a D1 school. OCS is a cake walk.
Are you kidding me? An acadamy commission is way more prestigeous than OCS. Way different career path on average.
It’s OTS in the Air Force and that’s different from ROTC. How is the career path different?
Oh please... I fully understand that they all result in a military commission but for gawd sake if you think an ROTC scholarship or OCS is the same thing as attending the acadamy you are just not being truthful. I was an enlisted Marine, have been around enough officers to know.
The Academy is a prestigious institution and there may be an initial advantage to the ring wearers, but OTS and ROTC grads have proven to advance in the AF at comparable rates to Academy grads. There may have been more of an advantage in the past, but it’s not so true anymore, even for pilot slots. Not trying to get in a big argument with you, just stating facts. This young man may have wanted to experience that unique experience of attending the AFA and that’s awesome. It certainly won’t look bad in his records. If you really want an advantage as an officer in the AF, be a rated officer versus a non rated one.
Ok peace. You would certainly know way more about that than I do. I stand corrected.
And I’m just a sailor. I was more concerned with liberty and beer drinking opportunities.


Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6409
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:05 am

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:16 pm

As an MSU ROTC product, I look back on all those I served with and how their schools impacted their careers and think of all the great memories and friends I made along the way. The Citadel, VMI, Virginia Tech, Texas A&M and West Point officers all had an advantage through the company grades and in schools but when we made field grade all was pretty much based on performance. For some reason, the civilian sector placed more value on the source of the commission than the Army selection boards. Similar to companies recruiting engineers from MSU versus MIT.



User avatar
FTG_1984
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:40 pm
Location: Montana Territory

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by FTG_1984 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:06 am

We lost this kid because we lost Gregorak. Again, the loss of Gregorak will be very difficult for our program to overcome moving forward.



catscat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by catscat » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:30 am

FTG_1984 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:06 am
We lost this kid because we lost Gregorak. Again, the loss of Gregorak will be very difficult for our program to overcome moving forward.
Upon what are you basing the loss of this kid due to the loss of Gregorak? Did the kid say he was coming to MSU because he was recruited by Gregorak? Did he say he was leaving because Gregorak is gone? Unless you've got something concrete, I'm thinking the appeal of the AF Academy was the reason we lost this kid. Again, the loss of Gregorak will not be difficult for our program to overcome. Why do you keep saying it is? What evidence do you have that Gregorak's loss will be difficult to overcome other than our defense the past three years was better than it was the year before he arrived and how do you translate that to a Gregorak defense being better than what MSU will have going forward? Gregorak was linebackers coach and DC. Are you saying he was a tremendously better linebackers coach than Bobby Daly will be for MSU? That he can call a defense that much better than Kane and if so, why do you think so? Ioane was at MSU during Gregorak's first year at MSU and I think that if coach Choate wants a Gregorak defense going forward, Kane has the knowledge and experience to call that kind of defense. Please explain why you continue to think the loss of Gregorak will be very difficult for our program to overcome moving forward. Enquiring minds want to know.



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6429
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:53 am

catscat wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:30 am
FTG_1984 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:06 am
We lost this kid because we lost Gregorak. Again, the loss of Gregorak will be very difficult for our program to overcome moving forward.
Upon what are you basing the loss of this kid due to the loss of Gregorak? Did the kid say he was coming to MSU because he was recruited by Gregorak? Did he say he was leaving because Gregorak is gone? Unless you've got something concrete, I'm thinking the appeal of the AF Academy was the reason we lost this kid. Again, the loss of Gregorak will not be difficult for our program to overcome. Why do you keep saying it is? What evidence do you have that Gregorak's loss will be difficult to overcome other than our defense the past three years was better than it was the year before he arrived and how do you translate that to a Gregorak defense being better than what MSU will have going forward? Gregorak was linebackers coach and DC. Are you saying he was a tremendously better linebackers coach than Bobby Daly will be for MSU? That he can call a defense that much better than Kane and if so, why do you think so? Ioane was at MSU during Gregorak's first year at MSU and I think that if coach Choate wants a Gregorak defense going forward, Kane has the knowledge and experience to call that kind of defense. Please explain why you continue to think the loss of Gregorak will be very difficult for our program to overcome moving forward. Enquiring minds want to know.
Based off his prior posts, I really don't want to know. And this had NOTHING to do with Gregorak leaving by the way. The kid got an offer to join the Air Force Academy and also play football and he took it. A childhood dream realized. But yes keep throwing around false narratives.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8354
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:12 am

FTG_1984 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:06 am
We lost this kid because we lost Gregorak. Again, the loss of Gregorak will be very difficult for our program to overcome moving forward.
Image

I guess he forgot somebody? Weird.


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

User avatar
luckyirishguy25
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3344
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:59 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:22 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:53 am
catscat wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:30 am
FTG_1984 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:06 am
We lost this kid because we lost Gregorak. Again, the loss of Gregorak will be very difficult for our program to overcome moving forward.
Upon what are you basing the loss of this kid due to the loss of Gregorak? Did the kid say he was coming to MSU because he was recruited by Gregorak? Did he say he was leaving because Gregorak is gone? Unless you've got something concrete, I'm thinking the appeal of the AF Academy was the reason we lost this kid. Again, the loss of Gregorak will not be difficult for our program to overcome. Why do you keep saying it is? What evidence do you have that Gregorak's loss will be difficult to overcome other than our defense the past three years was better than it was the year before he arrived and how do you translate that to a Gregorak defense being better than what MSU will have going forward? Gregorak was linebackers coach and DC. Are you saying he was a tremendously better linebackers coach than Bobby Daly will be for MSU? That he can call a defense that much better than Kane and if so, why do you think so? Ioane was at MSU during Gregorak's first year at MSU and I think that if coach Choate wants a Gregorak defense going forward, Kane has the knowledge and experience to call that kind of defense. Please explain why you continue to think the loss of Gregorak will be very difficult for our program to overcome moving forward. Enquiring minds want to know.
Based off his prior posts, I really don't want to know. And this had NOTHING to do with Gregorak leaving by the way. The kid got an offer to join the Air Force Academy and also play football and he took it. A childhood dream realized. But yes keep throwing around false narratives.
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a f*cking duck.



User avatar
Montanabob
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 853
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm
Location: Two Dot

Re: Hayden Isenhart Aurora DE commits!

Post by Montanabob » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:11 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:16 pm
As an MSU ROTC product, I look back on all those I served with and how their schools impacted their careers and think of all the great memories and friends I made along the way. The Citadel, VMI, Virginia Tech, Texas A&M and West Point officers all had an advantage through the company grades and in schools but when we made field grade all was pretty much based on performance. For some reason, the civilian sector placed more value on the source of the commission than the Army selection boards. Similar to companies recruiting engineers from MSU versus MIT.
As a NROTC Graduate from U of I...…
I disagree. It is changing but for the Navy up to 2004 (last year I can speak for), there was a pecking order.....
Naval Academy, NROTC, OCS. and heaven forbid if you were, like me, prior enlisted a lot of issues.
It was changing and in the Restricted Line (Supply, Intel, and some others) the preference became Non-Academy.


MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Post Reply