Dante Sparaco (Colorado Transfer DE/LB) Commits!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: 4/9/18 Boom

Post by Montanabob » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:38 am

The MICKSTER wrote:
HelenaCat95 wrote:A 3rd down package with Sparaco, Sterk, Hadley and Anderson on the field, would be a pretty good pass rush package.
I was wondering about this yesterday.....say it's 3rd and 6+ yards to go. I could see our front 4 being STERK, SPARACO, BENSON, HADLEY with ANDERSON blitzing. If your the opposing QB can you say....soil your pants!

I suspect that somehow someway that Sparaco, Sterk & Hadley will all be starters, exactly where I don't know. Good luck TG in figurin' it out. GO CATS!
And deep enough that offenses can't beat you up. 2nd team looses very little on D.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

BroncoCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BroncoCat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:52 am

I only watched the scrimmage on Saturday,
but Tadan Gillman should have played his way into the linebacker rotation or at least some playing time beyond special teams. Beside his interceptions, he was always around the ball and in good position.

Buckaroo Bonzi

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:15 pm

I remember when Coach Choate first evaluated the Cats when he got here and said there was a need to improve
lower body strength ~ looking at the Quads,Hams and Glutes this spring, you can tell these guys have developed
lower body strength . We've always had some beast's on the team, now it looks like a team of beasts form the skill
guys to the Big Boy's . Said he wanted to get longer and faster ~ starting to look a lot longer and faster . Said on
defense it starts up front, well this group up front looks awful good. 18's not in the books yet , but form the looks of it,
the turn around from the 15 defense to this will be quite remarkable in a short time. TG was the right hire for Choate's
vision . Good stuff coming for the Cat's this year . If the Offense at least stays on the same trajectory of improvement
as the last two years we will be in Tall Cotton for sure.

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:14 pm

Montanabob wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:
HelenaCat95 wrote:A 3rd down package with Sparaco, Sterk, Hadley and Anderson on the field, would be a pretty good pass rush package.
I was wondering about this yesterday.....say it's 3rd and 6+ yards to go. I could see our front 4 being STERK, SPARACO, BENSON, HADLEY with ANDERSON blitzing. If your the opposing QB can you say....soil your pants!

I suspect that somehow someway that Sparaco, Sterk & Hadley will all be starters, exactly where I don't know. Good luck TG in figurin' it out. GO CATS!
And deep enough that offenses can't beat you up. 2nd team looses very little on D.
It makes you wonder .. is this D Scary Good Now? :)

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:05 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:

It makes you wonder .. is this D Scary Good Now? :)
I don't mean to brag...

(spoiler alert, I kinda do)

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/vi ... 97#p627997

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:21 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://twitter.com/GrizAllDay/status/983809374421377024
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:42 pm

RobertCats wrote:Dante changed his Twitter cover photo and profile pic just recently......Image
Shocker! Not. Welcome to Bobcat Nation Dante!

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:21 pm

I forgot to mention this earlier...Dante is really good. This is a good pickup.

Getting bigger and more athletic. This defense is gonna do things. Be excited people.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:35 pm

bobcat99 wrote:I forgot to mention this earlier...Dante is really good. This is a good pickup.

Getting bigger and more athletic. This defense is gonna do things. Be excited people.
Yeah cheers to that.

Here is his senior year hudl: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2984658/57 ... 6288f7bc43.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Fish Cat
New Recruit

Post by Fish Cat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:50 pm

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Is his last name pronounced SPARE-uh-co or spuh-RAY-co?

The Big Meowski

Post by The Big Meowski » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:07 pm

91catAlum wrote:Is his last name pronounced SPARE-uh-co or spuh-RAY-co?
Spu rocko

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:24 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
CelticCat wrote:TG likes tall, rangy LBs. I sort of wonder if Hill is going to come off the bench more than not, which would be a shame because he is a very good LB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Josh Hill is MSU's starting middle linebacker and arguably one of the 5 best players on the roster right now. If Ty benched him, I would be angry as a fan.
I was thinking the same, Hill is a beast. TG is going to be in a great position next year, our 2 deep can be rotated without any drop off, fresh legs and bodies. I loved watching Konkle at LB last year, quick, hits HARD and plays with an attitude. Are better with BK at LB or safety. Him just being on the field we are a better team.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:48 pm

The Big Meowski wrote:
91catAlum wrote:Is his last name pronounced SPARE-uh-co or spuh-RAY-co?
Spu rocko
I think or thought it was: spuh rack O

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Fish Cat
New Recruit

Post by Fish Cat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:18 pm

Spuh - Rock - O

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:45 pm

You guys have no Italian in you...

Spa Rock OHhhhhhh.

And you say it with 3 fingers pinched together emphasising each syllable! :D

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:28 am

All i can think of is the scene in Hook where they are all chanting Rufio and on the last one, its RU - FI - OOOOHHHH!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:38 am

OH-MY-GOD

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:52 am

However you pronounce Sparaco, I look forward to him sacking QBs and all the other defensive plays this guy will bring.
I 'm excited with anticipation to hear the stadium announcer and Jay Sanderson belting out SPARACO!!!!

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:15 am

FTG247365 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
CelticCat wrote:TG likes tall, rangy LBs. I sort of wonder if Hill is going to come off the bench more than not, which would be a shame because he is a very good LB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Josh Hill is MSU's starting middle linebacker and arguably one of the 5 best players on the roster right now. If Ty benched him, I would be angry as a fan.
I was thinking the same, Hill is a beast. TG is going to be in a great position next year, our 2 deep can be rotated without any drop off, fresh legs and bodies. I loved watching Konkle at LB last year, quick, hits HARD and plays with an attitude. Are better with BK at LB or safety. Him just being on the field we are a better team.
I think our top DE's will be Sparaco, Sterk, Hadley & Fa'anono along with Marks & possibly Collins. Could one of these players get moved to LB.....yes but that just makes the LB log jam even more complicated.

One LB position, most likely Sam will be Anderson. Unlike Vim, I don't think Hill has the Mike position locked (i.e. they moved Jobman there for a reason), but in any case that leaves only 1 LB position, Will, up in the air. It could be Konkol, Kanow, Chapman, Gilman.......the list goes on.

When you look at the safeties, not as deep but still pretty salty with; JoJo Henderson (listed as CB?), Dre Jackson, Shawn Borges, Brian Campbell, Will Martel, Keaton Anderson, Luke May and possibly Konkol. Is Jahque Alleyne the safety from Virginia Tech going to join the team this summer?

So where does Konkol end up......could be LB, could be Safety, could be a #2 with this roster......time will tell. GO CATS!