Dante Sparaco (Colorado Transfer DE/LB) Commits!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

asstastic
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: 4/9/18 Boom

Post by asstastic » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:24 am

Hawks86 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://twitter.com/GrizAllDay/status/983809374421377024
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a tool. I hope I never have to see a cat fan do this.

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

Fish Cat
New Recruit

Re: Dante Sparaco (Colorado Transfer DE/LB) Commits!!

Post by Fish Cat » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:19 pm

You all should go see @davidwakefieldco on Twitter. He is still harassing Dante. His dad responded a couple of times. Pretty funny, but I still feel like we should rally around this kid. It must have been a tough decision.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:00 pm

Fish Cat wrote:You all should go see @davidwakefieldco on Twitter. He is still harassing Dante. His dad responded a couple of times. Pretty funny, but I still feel like we should rally around this kid. It must have been a tough decision.
Help me out. I can’t find his profile.

Fish Cat
New Recruit

Post by Fish Cat » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:22 pm

@davewakefieldco This f*ckin guy!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:13 pm

Best course with twitter trolls is to ignore them.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:22 pm

Fish Cat wrote:@davewakefieldco This f*ckin guy!
Did he remove the tweets. I found his profile but nothing on Dante

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:33 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fish Cat wrote:@davewakefieldco This f*ckin guy!
Did he remove the tweets. I found his profile but nothing on Dante
It's hard to find if you are looking up his page. But if you look up @dantesparaco his will be among the most recent tweets. You can follow the thread from there.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:57 pm

From one of his tweets it looks like he knows how to work some magic with a flank steak.
This alone would make him a good roommate to have.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Montana State lands Colorado transfer LB Dante Sparaco
https://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-sta ... e-sparaco/

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:46 pm

This dude is big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:00 am

So here's a ? that I don't know if anyone has asked.....Where do you see Sparaco, Sterk, Hadley, & Fa'anono on the two deep ? It's hard for me to envision a line-up where at least Sparaco, Sterk & Hadley aren't all starters, but, there are only two DE positions on the team, and to complicate things all 3 are better suited to be the 'BUCK' end.

Because of Sparaco's size could he be moved inside in an attempt to get the best 11 on the field? I'm guessing not, unless it's a passing down.

Could there be a regular rotation between all 4? I could see something along those lines.

If you correlated this defensive FCS talent level to the PRO's, I'd think we'd either be over the salary cap or getting a hell of a deal. GO CATS!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:10 am

The MICKSTER wrote:So here's a ? that I don't know if anyone has asked.....Where do you see Sparaco, Sterk, Hadley, & Fa'anono on the two deep ? It's hard for me to envision a line-up where at least Sparaco, Sterk & Hadley aren't all starters, but, there are only two DE positions on the team, and to complicate things all 3 are better suited to be the 'BUCK' end.

Because of Sparaco's size could he be moved inside in an attempt to get the best 11 on the field? I'm guessing not, unless it's a passing down.

Could there be a regular rotation between all 4? I could see something along those lines.

If you correlated this defensive FCS talent level to the PRO's, I'd think we'd either be over the salary cap or getting a hell of a deal. GO CATS!
Right now, here is the two-deep (in my opinion and based how they lined up this spring)

End: Tyrone Fa'anono OR Derek Marks, Marcus Ferriter
3-Tech: Zach Wright, Chase Benson
Nose: Tucker Yates, Elu Leota
Buck: Bryce Sterk OR Jacob Hadley OR Dante Sparaco, Kyle Finch

So obviously there is going to be competition but expect there to be a heavy amount of rotating with the defensive line this year. If Kyle Rygg and Travis Yates come along, MSU will be 3-deep at every position on the defensive line. Hout and Gregorak rotated a lot last year so I expect to see the same and possibly more this year. One thing is for sure, our passing down, defensive line package will be much improved this fall. Also, Grant Collins will return sometime during the season for yet another option to throw into the mix.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Dante Sparaco (Colorado Transfer DE/LB) Commits!!

Post by CelticCat » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:14 am

In Colters article, Sporaco is quoted as saying the coaches also like him at LB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

The MICKSTER

Post by The MICKSTER » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:16 am

VimSince03 wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:So here's a ? that I don't know if anyone has asked.....Where do you see Sparaco, Sterk, Hadley, & Fa'anono on the two deep ? It's hard for me to envision a line-up where at least Sparaco, Sterk & Hadley aren't all starters, but, there are only two DE positions on the team, and to complicate things all 3 are better suited to be the 'BUCK' end.

Right now, here is the two-deep (in my opinion and based how they lined up this spring)

So obviously there is going to be competition but expect there to be a heavy amount of rotating with the defensive line this year. If Kyle Rygg and Travis Yates come along, MSU will be 3-deep at every position on the defensive line. Hout and Gregorak rotated a lot last year so I expect to see the same and possibly more this year. One thing is for sure, our passing down, defensive line package will be much improved this fall. Also, Grant Collins will return sometime during the season for yet another option to throw into the mix.
I can easily see what you described being the case. The only caveat, and you eluded to it, Sparaco wasn't here this Spring.

It's hard to wrap my mind around the thought that 'technically' either Sparaco, Sterk or Hadley will be 3rd string.......my head just exploded. :lol:

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:19 am

The MICKSTER wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I can easily see what you described being the case. The only caveat, and you eluded to it, Sparaco wasn't here this Spring.

It's hard to wrap my mind around the thought that 'technically' either Sparaco, Sterk or Hadley will be 3rd string.......my head just exploded. :lol:
"Technically" but, in reality, playing time and getting them on the field will be a fun thing for the coaching staff to figure out. Remember, two years ago we converted a freshman TE (Woody Brandom) and played a then-undersized true freshman (Derek Marks) at DE....and that was about it by the end of the season.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

The MICKSTER

Post by The MICKSTER » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:21 am

CelticCat wrote:In Colters article, Sporaco is quoted as saying the coaches also like him at LB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Our cup runneth over! \:D/

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:40 am

In my opinion there is no way Fa'anono doesn't start. Dude is a great run stopping DE, and there aren't too many 270 DEs in this league. Marks might come in on pass rush packages, but Ty will be the guy if I was a betting man.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 am

CelticCat wrote:In my opinion there is no way Fa'anono doesn't start. Dude is a great run stopping DE, and there aren't too many 270 DEs in this league. Marks might come in on pass rush packages, but Ty will be the guy if I was a betting man.
I see your logic but Tyrone and Derek have been about equal against the run (at least on the film I've watched) and Derek is a better pass rusher. Still I look at them as co-starters since they play about the same # of snaps each game.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:46 am

VimSince03 wrote:
CelticCat wrote:In my opinion there is no way Fa'anono doesn't start. Dude is a great run stopping DE, and there aren't too many 270 DEs in this league. Marks might come in on pass rush packages, but Ty will be the guy if I was a betting man.
I see your logic but Tyrone and Derek have been about equal against the run (at least on the film I've watched) and Derek is a better pass rusher. Still I look at them as co-starters since they play about the same # of snaps each game.
Fair enough. Marks may have an overall higher upside, but Ty has put the work in and I think he will be the guy who starts, but as we know with TG who starts doesn't really mean anything.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:52 am

CelticCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Fair enough. Marks may have an overall higher upside, but Ty has put the work in and I think he will be the guy who starts, but as we know with TG who starts doesn't really mean anything.
I guess thats my argument. It isn't like Derek hasn't put in the work either. They both have graded out really well and I'm a fan of both. I'm glad we have both of them, with Marcus Ferriter as another option, at strong-side end.