Spring game

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
Member # Retired

Spring game

Post by lutecat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:25 pm

Beautiful day. Great atmosphere. Place is ripe with recruits. I see seeley swan, dawson, and a bunch I can't read the schools off.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lutecat
Member # Retired

Re: Spring game

Post by lutecat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:49 pm

Troy Anderson just flew in on willie Patterson on a pitch for a loss.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Murray with a behind the back pass for a 2pt conversion.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:36 pm

Tyrell Thomas missed an easy pick. Doing 16 pushups on the field.

oedipuss
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by oedipuss » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:42 pm

Nice 54 yd. field goal by Bailey!

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:12 pm

For those that think Rovig will start over Murray, I would be curious to the reasoning? Watching today it's clear Rovig is behind Murray and it doesn't appear that close. Rovig is slow on his reads, and I haven't seen the big arm people were talking about. honestly, I'm a little disappointed in both Rovig and Murray. I thought Murray would have came out sharper and played better, he still seems tentative and doesn't want to trust his arm. I also am a little underwhelmed watching Rovig, maybe my expectations were to high, but I haven't seen the guy everybody has hyped up.

Really nice day though and I could watch Troy Andersen play football everyday.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:33 pm

lutecat wrote:Murray with a behind the back pass for a 2pt conversion.

Looked off the Defense pretty well there lol

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:For those that think Rovig will start over Murray, I would be curious to the reasoning? Watching today it's clear Rovig is behind Murray and it doesn't appear that close. Rovig is slow on his reads, and I haven't seen the big arm people were talking about. honestly, I'm a little disappointed in both Rovig and Murray. I thought Murray would have came out sharper and played better, he still seems tentative and doesn't want to trust his arm. I also am a little underwhelmed watching Rovig, maybe my expectations were to high, but I haven't seen the guy everybody has hyped up.

Really nice day though and I could watch Troy Andersen play football everyday.
I thought Murray looked improved. He had more velocity on the ball and his accuracy is better. He looked much more comfortable in the pocket as well. I don’t know about what good feet look like, but Murray seemed more settled. Rovig looked about where I thought he’d be. The summer will be huge for him. His throwing motion is more fluid. Both quarterbacks could benefit from looking off their coverage. I was impressed.

Willie Patterson is a dude. Natee is bigger than I’d thought. The most interesting thing I saw was the two point conversion where Murray threw a backwards pass over his head. Lastly, basically Troy Anderson can do pretty much anything on the field. I can’t wait to see him sacking quarterbacks this fall.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:40 pm

Spring football is extremely boring to me, BUT free burgers provided by the R Bar and sunshine made this a tremendous event!
There were more people at this scrimmage than some Big Sky schools get for a regular season game.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:47 pm

Wait those burgers were free...? Son of a.....

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:58 pm

I watched on SWX....some takeaways;

* Defense looked pretty salty. Even with Collins, Hadley, Hill & Konkol out, they won the day I think. Pretty balanced all around...DL, LB's & secondary all played solid.

* Offense had flashes. Natee will be an asset and Patterson is pretty dynamic. However, the pass game was pretty bland with a low completion %. Receivers for the most part didn't get separation and I don't believe there was a deep ball thrown. I think Jabari will be missed bigtime. With 4 returning starters on the OL, I thought that they would have looked better, but since all of them are playing in new positions, I could easily see that getting fixed by Fall. It will be interesting to follow the Murray/Jonsen competition.

GO CATS!

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:54 pm

You know that these guys aren’t giving 100% right now. You really can’t watch this scrimmage with the intent to take much away from it. I will say, I think our defense is going to be very good and the offense has every chance to be just as amazing. Wish Jabari Johnson was still out there, hopefully they can find a guy to fill his shoes. Remember to there is a class of guys that we haven’t even seen yet, and we have seen in the past how Choate and staff find a few freshman that step up. Going to be a good season. Hope next year there is a crap ton of construction equipment surrounding the stadium when they have this scrimmage.

Punters are people too!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:18 pm

I didn't see Bryce Sterk out there today, unless he was wearing something other than #37. I hope he isn't injured.

Tadan Gilman (Chad Newell 2.0 out there with his long hair and #17 jersey) looked pretty good for the twos. He had some nice plays

I personally thought Rovig looked pretty subpar, but it's only Spring. I know he is also dealing with an injury.

I wasn't overwhelmed by Natee either, but again it's only Spring.

I thought the corners looked pretty good.

The kicking game was only okay.

Coy Steel and Willie Patterson will be players to contend with. Steel has awesome hands and Patterson is just a dynamic player all around.

I swear Zach Wright and Tyrone Fa'anono were men amongst boys today. I can't wait to see both play this year.

I also saw lots of recruits in the stands and on the field. I also saw quite a few of the 2018 signees (including at least one from out of state) on the sidelines.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 pm

AFCAT wrote:I didn't see Bryce Sterk out there today, unless he was wearing something other than #37. I hope he isn't injured.

Tadan Gilman (Chad Newell 2.0 out there with his long hair and #17 jersey) looked pretty good for the twos. He had some nice plays

I personally thought Rovig looked pretty subpar, but it's only Spring. I know he is also dealing with an injury.

I wasn't overwhelmed by Natee either, but again it's only Spring.

I thought the corners looked pretty good.

The kicking game was only okay.

Coy Steel and Willie Patterson will be players to contend with. Steel has awesome hands and Patterson is just a dynamic player all around.

I swear Zach Wright and Tyrone Fa'anono were men amongst boys today. I can't wait to see both play this year.

I also saw lots of recruits in the stands and on the field. I also saw quite a few of the 2018 signees (including at least one from out of state) on the sidelines.
Sterk wore 56 today. He had a sack.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 pm

WATCH: Montana State press conference: Sonny Holland spring game
https://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-sta ... ring-game/

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:38 pm

Thanks Skyline Sports for the great coverage today. I am excited to see Willie Patterson continue his progress. The kid is a baller. I am down in Mesa, AZ for the month of April and I am next to the Cubs training complex. They have what is called extended spring training going on now with the minor leaguers. They play games every morning with other Cactus League teams. Willie Patterson's uncle is an umpire there. He is always asking me how he is doing as he saw my Montana State hat. Willie is going to be a force this fall!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:40 pm

Is the transfer Jonson not enrolled yet? I guess I assumed he’d have been part of the scrimmage.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:50 pm

Cledus wrote:Is the transfer Jonson not enrolled yet? I guess I assumed he’d have been part of the scrimmage.
He’s been out all spring with a broken foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:24 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Cledus wrote:Is the transfer Jonson not enrolled yet? I guess I assumed he’d have been part of the scrimmage.
He’s been out all spring with a broken foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess I had forgotten that.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:41 pm

Casual, injury-free Sonny Holland classic caps spring football for Bobcats
https://skylinesportsmt.com/casual-inju ... r-bobcats/