I think Dante Sparaco merits his own thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: I think Dante Sparaco merits his own thread

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:19 pm

Sparaco was at the spring game today. I talked to him. Nice kid. And if you saw him and shook his hand, you’d all want him. He is enormous. He is bigger than Bryce Sterk.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:32 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Sparaco was at the spring game today. I talked to him. Nice kid. And if you saw him and shook his hand, you’d all want him. He is enormous. He is bigger than Bryce Sterk.
Once we figured out that Sterk was wearing number 56, it was great watching he and Tyrone Fa'anono standing together. Two big big guys. You just blew my mind noting that Sparaco is bigger.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:38 pm

I read in an article about the scrimmage that Sterk was wearing a different number. That’s good news. I was wondering why I couldn’t spot him in the field. I was getting nervous that he was injured or something.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:11 pm

AFCAT wrote:I read in an article about the scrimmage that Sterk was wearing a different number. That’s good news. I was wondering why I couldn’t spot him in the field. I was getting nervous that he was injured or something.

Me too.....until he had that sack and I realized that there was no #56 on the roster, then I was hoping it was him.

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:37 pm

I think speak for about 99.9% of all Bobcat fans when I say that I really hope Sparaco decides MSU is where he wants to be. Would be huge for this team and he would be a big time playmaker. I really want to see Murray go 4-0 against one team in our conference, and every player that improves his chances of that we should all want to be on this team.

Punters are people too!!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:40 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:Coach Gregorak has a history of getting LBs into the NFL as well. I’d love to see Sparaco in BLUE AND GOLD on saturdays!

Last year at the Sonny Holland Spring Game, several of the incoming class of recruits were in attendance. With no real knowledge only speculation, I’d bet Dante attends today’s scrum.
I honestly don't want him. He is playing the field looking and shopping around for his best offer. This is NOT a new deal for him, though this came down just recently he has been in the "shopping mode" for awhile. No need to try and convince a kid who is not bought in to the opportunity ( I assume we've made an offer ). In my opinion, they never really do work out. Time to move on and let him play his cards elsewhere!
Probably the dumbest post I have ever read on this site.... which says a lot, cuz there have been some insanely idiotic posts.... but this might be at the top of the list. Congrats!
Okay, since you put it that way...I want him! :lol:

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:48 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Sparaco was at the spring game today. I talked to him. Nice kid. And if you saw him and shook his hand, you’d all want him. He is enormous. He is bigger than Bryce Sterk.
My whole point, and it's really that simple, is NOT his physical skills...that's obvious. It has more to do with the Marino effect that anything else. Marino, was bigger, faster, meaner, than anyone else on the team...and yet, with all that as promise he did not pan out for all the reasons we all know about. I am NOT equating Sparaco with Marino.

My point is that over all the years, the kids that seem to rise and shine are those who come in with a chip on their shoulder wanting to prove something. Now, if Sparaco does, I'll be the first to take him on the defence and enjoy his production. My reaction to the delay in his decision to come, knowing he KNOWS all about MSU ( this is clearly NOT his first trip to Bozeman ), has been on campus before, seen the programs offered etc...and yet he is still "undecided", speaks to something that either "really special" about him in making clear headed decisions, or, he's shopping until he gets what he really wants. But, again, this is fan board and I really don't have a clue either way, just expressing an opinion based on what I've seen over the years.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:18 am

If Marino had come here with Choate and company at the helm, he would be in the NFL right now. You can’t compare a player that was under a totally different style staff. I spoke to a former player last year at the tailgates during a game. I asked him what he thought of the new staff compared to when he played for Ash and his staff. He simply said, had his team had Choate and his staff, you would have seen them win at least 2 National Championships. Marino would have had a totally different attitude with people like Choate and Gregorak. We need Sparaco. We really do.

Punters are people too!!

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:44 am

catsrback76 wrote:
My whole point, and it's really that simple, is NOT his physical skills...that's obvious. It has more to do with the Marino effect that anything else. Marino, was bigger, faster, meaner, than anyone else on the team...and yet, with all that as promise he did not pan out for all the reasons we all know about. I am NOT equating Sparaco with Marino.

My point is that over all the years, the kids that seem to rise and shine are those who come in with a chip on their shoulder wanting to prove something. Now, if Sparaco does, I'll be the first to take him on the defence and enjoy his production. My reaction to the delay in his decision to come, knowing he KNOWS all about MSU ( this is clearly NOT his first trip to Bozeman ), has been on campus before, seen the programs offered etc...and yet he is still "undecided", speaks to something that either "really special" about him in making clear headed decisions, or, he's shopping until he gets what he really wants. But, again, this is fan board and I really don't have a clue either way, just expressing an opinion based on what I've seen over the years.
You’re making it sound like he’s been undecided for weeks or months now. He just left CU earlier this week. He hasn’t said a word about coming here, there were just some “sources” that said he might be coming here and then MT sports ran with that and said he was. Patience is key on this stuff. Maybe he comes here (really hope so) and maybe he doesn’t, but he’s not doing anything every kid out there doesn’t do, weighing his options and making sure he makes the right decision for him.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:36 am

Catsrgrood wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

You’re making it sound like he’s been undecided for weeks or months now. He just left CU earlier this week. He hasn’t said a word about coming here, there were just some “sources” that said he might be coming here and then MT sports ran with that and said he was. Patience is key on this stuff. Maybe he comes here (really hope so) and maybe he doesn’t, but he’s not doing anything every kid out there doesn’t do, weighing his options and making sure he makes the right decision for him.
You also have to consider that he may have made a decision immediately, and it may just not be prudent or even allowed for him to announce it yet.

By the way, he has #FTG and 406 on his Twitter profile.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:21 pm

DriscollCat wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

You also have to consider that he may have made a decision immediately, and it may just not be prudent or even allowed for him to announce it yet.

By the way, he has #FTG and 406 on his Twitter profile.
Ya, that's what I said in an earlier thread. I'm still of the opinion that MT Sports wouldn't have literally printed that he was coming to MSU if they didn't know something.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:20 pm

catsrback76 wrote:

Your points are pointless but you're entitled to them all the same. :lol:

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:24 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

As are yours my friend, we are both simply sharing our thoughts on a matter... nothing more or less! :coffee:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:59 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

As are yours my friend, we are both simply sharing our thoughts on a matter... nothing more or less! :coffee:
But your comments are critical of a potential recruit who is considering MSU. Recruits and parents look at these websites when they do their research and you basically said that you don’t want him. It makes no sense and serves no reason, especially when you don’t even know the kid or are familiar with the situation.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:13 pm

Cataholic wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

But your comments are critical of a potential recruit who is considering MSU. Recruits and parents look at these websites when they do their research and you basically said that you don’t want him. It makes no sense and serves no reason, especially when you don’t even know the kid or are familiar with the situation.
Where was I critical of him? I stated he has obvious skills and all the potential that we would want. My reaction was that when picking our teams for "red rover" I wouldn't want him. But, that doesn't make him wrong, or my reasons wrong...get it? I might be wrong...but I might be right.

Let me put this to bed right here. IF he comes to MSU and becomes a Bobcat, I am in his corner 100% and will celebrate any accomplishments he makes to the team! Carry on! :coffee:

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:15 am

I hope Dante becomes a Bobcat - and that he brings a 6' 4" Wide Receiver from CU with him.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:40 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

Where was I critical of him? I stated he has obvious skills and all the potential that we would want. My reaction was that when picking our teams for "red rover" I wouldn't want him. But, that doesn't make him wrong, or my reasons wrong...get it? I might be wrong...but I might be right.

Let me put this to bed right here. IF he comes to MSU and becomes a Bobcat, I am in his corner 100% and will celebrate any accomplishments he makes to the team! Carry on! :coffee:
If you got out of college and got 5 job offers the day you graduated, should you commit to one that day? What if you commit that day and the next day, your dream job offer is made? But you already committed to the good job, but not your dream job. You'll be a good fit with the good one, but the dream job is a GREAT fit.

And saying you don't want the kid because he's weighing his decision, I would say was you being critical of him for not committing to us. We have how many offers out there on High school juniors already? Do you not want them because they haven't verballed yet?

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:45 am

HelenaCat95 wrote:I hope Dante becomes a Bobcat - and that he brings a 6' 4" Wide Receiver from CU with him.
Amen to that. Fantastic to hear that Dante was at the game and from what I saw on TV there was a descent crowd as well. Actually, if we could only have one, I'd rather have a 6'4" difference maker at wide receiver, like Jabarri, than a beast of a Buck End like Dante, although let's take what we can get. I say that because if Dante does not become a Bobcat, who will be the Buck End.....either Sterk or Hadley, which will be great for the Bobcats. I don't think the Bobcats have someone who can come close to replacing Jabarri.

My guess would be if Dante becomes a Bobcat, I would bet that the starting line-up would have all three Sparaco, Sterk & Hadley somewhere, because I think as Choate has said 'we need to get our best 11 guys on the field'. Whether or not Dante becomes a Bobcat, TG has to be licking his chops and 'ecstatic he is a Bobcat' about this coming season. I'm sure it isn't easy to try and decide how to make all the athletes 'fit' for the best defense possible. A great problem to have. I hope Dante deciding to become a Bobcat makes that problem even more difficult for TG. GO CATS!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:52 am

lutecat wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

If you got out of college and got 5 job offers the day you graduated, should you commit to one that day? What if you commit that day and the next day, your dream job offer is made? But you already committed to the good job, but not your dream job. You'll be a good fit with the good one, but the dream job is a GREAT fit.

And saying you don't want the kid because he's weighing his decision, I would say was you being critical of him for not committing to us. We have how many offers out there on High school juniors already? Do you not want them because they haven't verballed yet?
yeah, I get it. My critique of him not committing was based on the fact that MSU is/has been a well known commodity to him and for whatever reason is not compelling enough for him to pull the trigger.

He didn't just wake up a week ago and pull out of Colorado. This was a decision made well before that, and obviously he wants to go someplace where he can be the man! Did he NOT consider MSU and the other teams until he makes his decision? I would guess he had his list...and once it goes public it gets turbo charged. Reporting comes out and says "he's a Cat"!

He isn't a Cat...at this point. The question is why? Does he NOT gel with Ty Gregorak? Does he NOT feel the fire of Coach Choate? Does he NOT sense the chemistry of the existing team? Is he NOT bought into the vision?

I have no idea...all I know is that the kids that I have seen who come in and make a team impact, come bought in, committed, and do what it takes to make it happen. I don't sense that with Sparaco, but I can be way wrong. I'd also love to be proved wrong, but... we still wait!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:58 am

catsrback76 wrote:
lutecat wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

yeah, I get it. My critique of him not committing was based on the fact that MSU is/has been a well known commodity to him and for whatever reason is not compelling enough for him to pull the trigger.

He didn't just wake up a week ago and pull out of Colorado. This was a decision made well before that, and obviously he wants to go someplace where he can be the man! Did he NOT consider MSU and the other teams until he makes his decision? I would guess he had his list...and once it goes public it gets turbo charged. Reporting comes out and says "he's a Cat"!

He isn't a Cat...at this point. The question is why? Does he NOT gel with Ty Gregorak? Does he NOT feel the fire of Coach Choate? Does he NOT sense the chemistry of the existing team? Is he NOT bought into the vision?

I have no idea...all I know is that the kids that I have seen who come in and make a team impact, come bought in, committed, and do what it takes to make it happen. I don't sense that with Sparaco, but I can be way wrong. I'd also love to be proved wrong, but... we still wait!
FBS teams are breathing down his neck. I see partially where you are coming from catsrback. But overall, these situations happen with nearly every bigger area recruit whether its high school or college transfer. Did you not like how James Williams handled his recruitment process with MSU this past December and January? All I'm saying is, we don't know the situation on Dante's side. We can make guesses...but nothing factual.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."