I think Dante Sparaco merits his own thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: I think Dante Sparaco merits his own thread

Post by catatac » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:15 pm

catatac wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
catatac wrote:
AFCAT wrote:Four pages and we still don't know if this is true. We need a boom.
So what am I missing here... this was the report from MontanaSports. Are people thinking they made this up? Are they not credible? It sounds pretty official to me but what do I know.

"BOZEMAN – The Montana State Bobcats are getting a big boost to their linebacker corps from a big school.

Dante Sparaco, an outside linebacker from University of Colorado, is leaving Boulder to transfer to Montana State. In his true freshman year, Sparaco played in seven games before being sidelined due to a broken hand. He recorded four tackles in that span."

The Montana Sports article doesn’t quote any MSU officials or Sparaco himself. They just wrote that Sparaco is coming to MSU. It may be true, but until Sparaco enrolls in class at MSU or something official is announced or quoted, then how can we believe it?
Hmmm. Well I would guess they didn't just report it because a random poster on the internet suggested it. I would assume they had a reliable source that told them. Could it turn out to be false? Sure, but not likely. There might be some rules in place regarding what he and coaches can and can't say as he exits CO.
=D^

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:29 pm

catatac wrote:
catatac wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
catatac wrote:
So what am I missing here... this was the report from MontanaSports. Are people thinking they made this up? Are they not credible? It sounds pretty official to me but what do I know.

"BOZEMAN – The Montana State Bobcats are getting a big boost to their linebacker corps from a big school.

Dante Sparaco, an outside linebacker from University of Colorado, is leaving Boulder to transfer to Montana State. In his true freshman year, Sparaco played in seven games before being sidelined due to a broken hand. He recorded four tackles in that span."

The Montana Sports article doesn’t quote any MSU officials or Sparaco himself. They just wrote that Sparaco is coming to MSU. It may be true, but until Sparaco enrolls in class at MSU or something official is announced or quoted, then how can we believe it?
Hmmm. Well I would guess they didn't just report it because a random poster on the internet suggested it. I would assume they had a reliable source that told them. Could it turn out to be false? Sure, but not likely. There might be some rules in place regarding what he and coaches can and can't say as he exits CO.
=D^
You might want to go back and re-read the whole thread before applauding yourself. Sparaco didn't make his decision until after he came up for a visit. Colter confirmed the initial report was false.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:52 pm

AFCAT wrote:
catatac wrote:
catatac wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
catatac wrote:

=D^
You might want to go back and re-read the whole thread before applauding yourself. Sparaco didn't make his decision until after he came up for a visit. Colter confirmed the initial report was false.
I was more meaning to applaud MT Sports for announcing this first, and being right. Whether it was "official" or not, they obviously knew it was pretty much a done deal.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:21 pm

Montanabob wrote:maybe we can pick up his sister for b-ball
https://twitter.com/bdsparaco_20
https://twitter.com/DanteSparaco/status/984498520194539520

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:18 pm

WOW! some real heads up play, talent and hustle from her.
Her assists remind me of Hannah Caudill who is graduating and her inside positioning and rebounds remind me of
Riley Nordagard. Oh heck she reminds me a bit of lots of great Bobcat women players.
Yeah I hope she is on our coaches radar and I hope MSU is on her's.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!