Treyton Pickering

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

76er
BobcatNation Redshirt

Treyton Pickering

Post by 76er » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:02 am

I watched Pickering lead the Sunburst Refiners to a semi-final win in the Northern C last night. He knocked down 35.Every time the ball got to him good things happened. He rebounds, leads the break, dribbles, goes to the hoop, shoots the 3, runs well. I think best athlete to come out of the Northern C in quite a while. He is no Mike Chavez on the floor, but moves really well for a strong 6'5" frame. Cats got a good one, maybe a sleeper like Troy Anderson?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Treyton Pickering

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:19 am

76er wrote:I watched Pickering lead the Sunburst Refiners to a semi-final win in the Northern C last night. He knocked down 35.Every time the ball got to him good things happened. He rebounds, leads the break, dribbles, goes to the hoop, shoots the 3, runs well. I think best athlete to come out of the Northern C in quite a while. He is no Mike Chavez on the floor, but moves really well for a strong 6'5" frame. Cats got a good one, maybe a sleeper like Troy Anderson?
Troy is in a different "sleeper" tier as he was never a sleeper in Montana recruiting. FSB? Absolutely. Treyton isn't going to win any sprint races but what you described is correct, he is a smooth operator as an athlete which makes him a great fit at TE. I'm glad MSU got him when they did.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

76er
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 76er » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:35 pm

He was not the quickest guy on the floor but he has good hands and moves well for his size.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:44 pm

76er wrote:He was not the quickest guy on the floor but he has good hands and moves well for his size.
Doesn't have to be a sprinter!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:12 pm

I was there also. Other things I liked was that he is an unselfish player. Often gave up a shot to feed a teammate. Good vision of court and hit open players. Sunburst is not the strongest overall team but Treyton certainly is a good team player and makes the team better. He paced himself well so he actually seemed stronger towards end of game and became more of a presence on defense. Yep a bit more speed and he could really be an exceptional TE ....and as noted can be very good with the skill set he has. Speed kinda reminds me of Blake Brumwell out of Northern C also who played BB for Cats through 2015.

Now as to the best out of Northern C ....well depends on your time frame i guess. And I will wait a few years to see. Quite a few have come through Northern C. Some even hang on the Wall of Fame in Bobcat land and a few are noted Grizzlies. Just fyi Northern C far out numbers any other division in the state in terms of State C Champions...lot of athletes there. (Northern C will NOT win it this year though...too much strength elsewhere). I note the May kid, that Coach Ash was recruiting out of Northern C is the leading tackler as safety at MT Tech as a redshirt freshman this year.

Looking forward to seeing how Treyton develops as a Bobcat.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:06 pm

Coaches I’ve talked to think Pinkering could be a good TE, but a great OT.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:16 am

BobcatDel wrote:I was there also. Other things I liked was that he is an unselfish player. Often gave up a shot to feed a teammate. Good vision of court and hit open players. Sunburst is not the strongest overall team but Treyton certainly is a good team player and makes the team better. He paced himself well so he actually seemed stronger towards end of game and became more of a presence on defense. Yep a bit more speed and he could really be an exceptional TE ....and as noted can be very good with the skill set he has. Speed kinda reminds me of Blake Brumwell out of Northern C also who played BB for Cats through 2015.

Now as to the best out of Northern C ....well depends on your time frame i guess. And I will wait a few years to see. Quite a few have come through Northern C. Some even hang on the Wall of Fame in Bobcat land and a few are noted Grizzlies. Just fyi Northern C far out numbers any other division in the state in terms of State C Champions...lot of athletes there. (Northern C will NOT win it this year though...too much strength elsewhere). I note the May kid, that Coach Ash was recruiting out of Northern C is the leading tackler as safety at MT Tech as a redshirt freshman this year.

Is Luke May not on our team anymore? Or is this a different May?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:17 am

lutecat wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:I was there also. Other things I liked was that he is an unselfish player. Often gave up a shot to feed a teammate. Good vision of court and hit open players. Sunburst is not the strongest overall team but Treyton certainly is a good team player and makes the team better. He paced himself well so he actually seemed stronger towards end of game and became more of a presence on defense. Yep a bit more speed and he could really be an exceptional TE ....and as noted can be very good with the skill set he has. Speed kinda reminds me of Blake Brumwell out of Northern C also who played BB for Cats through 2015.

I can't think of who it is, but it has to be a different May. Luke May was out of Whitefish, not the Northern C.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:23 am

Who was the kid out of Glasgow?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:44 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
lutecat wrote:

I can't think of who it is, but it has to be a different May. Luke May was out of Whitefish, not the Northern C.
Justin May out of the Chester/Joplin/Inverness co-op. He was a Top 35 prospect in my 2016 rankings and received a PWO from Coach Ash. He took a full-ride from Montana Tech instead and is doing well. Plays DB for the Orediggers.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35926&hilit=2016+m ... ts#p521814