Bobcat stadium concert

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Re: Bobcat stadium concert

Post by SACCAT » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:50 pm

griz5700 wrote:
PapaG wrote:I saw Pearl Jam at the fairgrounds in a barn before they hit even MTV and also Dave Matthews Band at the Cat's Paw all within a year or so back in the early post-glam rock days. The idea of Imagine Dragons coming to Bozeman boggles my mind. The big bands that played at the Brick in my day were Steve Miller Band on a glory days' tour and maybe Tesla, if memory serves correct? Phish played there too in maybe 1992ish but I wasn't a fan and didn't go to that show.
Dave at the Cats Paw? That is awesome.
Watched 311 at the philing station

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:06 pm

Serious question: What's the big deal about Imagine Dragons?

They've only got one song I've heard, which has been used by Disney thus ushering them into irrelevance via kiddie movie.

They're not the Eagles, or Van Halen, or a real band. So again, what's the big deal?

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:24 pm

Cledus wrote:Serious question: What's the big deal about Imagine Dragons?

They've only got one song I've heard, which has been used by Disney thus ushering them into irrelevance via kiddie movie.

They're not the Eagles, or Van Halen, or a real band. So again, what's the big deal?
I'll bet you've heard more than one, and just don't know it. From everything I've heard they put on amazing shows.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:18 pm

This was the first Imagine Dragons song I heard. It's still my favorite of theirs.
They have a broad appeal. This concert will bring a lot of people to town-probably from several states.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:06 pm

I love Imagine Dragons. My favorite is Radioactive, but they've put out lots of good music.

The Big Meowski
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by The Big Meowski » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:52 am

Cledus wrote:Serious question: What's the big deal about Imagine Dragons?

I would definitely go see the Eagles or Van Han Halen before I'd go see Imagine Dragons (especially the Eagles since I've seen Van Halen several times). However, I think your finger is a bit off the pulse of what is relevant in today's music. My kids make me listen to good ole channel number 2 on Serius/XM every morning. Imagine Dragons actually has a ton of stomachable music, compared to some of the stuff on there. They are super popular with a broad range of ages and Montana is lucky to have them play here. It will be summer, so you can stay home and chase kids off your lawn! :lol:

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:54 am

The Big Meowski wrote:It will be summer, so you can stay home and chase kids off your lawn! :lol:
I was going to do that anyways. :D :oops:

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:53 am

As much as I typically dislike modern pop (well always have really), I kinda like ID and I listen to their stuff from time to time. I'd go to this if I was still in Bozeman.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:59 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:

This was the first Imagine Dragons song I heard. It's still my favorite of theirs.
They have a broad appeal. This concert will bring a lot of people to town-probably from several states.
I have never heard of them and don't think I have ever heard them but this song wouldn't make me turn off the radio.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:27 am

Does anyone know how much MSU will make off this event? I assume there's a rental fee plus a cut of admissions and concessions? Wondering if events like this could help drive more stadium renovations?

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:41 am

77matcat wrote:Three dog night opened for Stephen wolf. 70/71 ish. Don’t think you could see across the Brick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My first concert at MSU was the Doobie Brothers with Eric Carmen as the opening act. Good times! I remember wearing my bell bottom levi's, a polyester shirt with the top 3 buttons undone, my red suede converse all stars and a cheap necklace. I was stylin!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:43 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:Does anyone know how much MSU will make off this event? I assume there's a rental fee plus a cut of admissions and concessions? Wondering if events like this could help drive more stadium renovations?
I fully admit I’m not an expert on the business side of concerts, but I know if I was a band I would not sign any deal that gives a cut of admissions to the venue. I would think they should price that in to the facility rental and it’s up to the band to promote the event.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:15 pm

Cledus wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:Does anyone know how much MSU will make off this event? I assume there's a rental fee plus a cut of admissions and concessions? Wondering if events like this could help drive more stadium renovations?
I fully admit I’m not an expert on the business side of concerts, but I know if I was a band I would not sign any deal that gives a cut of admissions to the venue. I would think they should price that in to the facility rental and it’s up to the band to promote the event.
I believe msu has a $1 facility fee on all tickets sold. I assume concerts are no different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:56 pm

SACCAT wrote:
griz5700 wrote:
PapaG wrote:I saw Pearl Jam at the fairgrounds in a barn before they hit even MTV and also Dave Matthews Band at the Cat's Paw all within a year or so back in the early post-glam rock days. The idea of Imagine Dragons coming to Bozeman boggles my mind. The big bands that played at the Brick in my day were Steve Miller Band on a glory days' tour and maybe Tesla, if memory serves correct? Phish played there too in maybe 1992ish but I wasn't a fan and didn't go to that show.
That Fairgrounds show by Pearl Jam was May of '92. They had hit MTV but barely. Amazing show. I don't remember Dave playing at the Cat's Paw though.

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:50 am

onceacat wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
griz5700 wrote:
That Fairgrounds show by Pearl Jam was May of '92. They had hit MTV but barely. Amazing show. I don't remember Dave playing at the Cat's Paw though.
It was about two weeks before ants marching hit the radio!

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

geogfather
BobcatNation Letterman

Bobcat stadium concert

Post by geogfather » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:06 pm

catamaran wrote:
onceacat wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
griz5700 wrote:
Ants Marching hit radio in 95. The Cats Paw show was November 23, 1994. I’m sure Ants was played on indie/college radio prior though of course. The show at the Paw was right after What Would You Say” was popularly released though.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:56 am

gtapp wrote:
77matcat wrote:Three dog night opened for Stephen wolf. 70/71 ish. Don’t think you could see across the Brick

My first concert at MSU was the Doobie Brothers with Eric Carmen as the opening act. Good times! I remember wearing my bell bottom levi's, a polyester shirt with the top 3 buttons undone, my red suede converse all stars and a cheap necklace. I was stylin!
Same thing you wore to the cat griz game last year :)

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:02 am

Hey, did Stephen Wolf happen to play this????

catamaran

Post by catamaran » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:43 am

geogfather wrote:
catamaran wrote:
onceacat wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
griz5700 wrote:
Ants Marching hit radio in 95. The Cats Paw show was November 23, 1994. I’m sure Ants was played on indie/college radio prior though of course. The show at the Paw was right after What Would You Say” was popularly released though.
Thanks for the reminder.....I knew I hadn't worked there very long when it happened but things were a little fuzzy

if you're keeping score, France gave us Burgundy wine, cigarettes, berets, B.O., brie and the Napoleon complex-Bill Simmons

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:23 am

My first concert at the Brick in '82 was loverboy and quarterflash.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."