TIDBITS

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

TIDBITS

Post by The MICKSTER » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:06 pm

Just like to give a shout-out to the MSU Athletic Dept for releasing the 2019 FB schedule in Feb 2018. It is appreciated! \:D/

Regarding this year’s upcoming schedule…..I noticed that we won’t have to wait long for us and the other team over the hill to have a common opponent. We open with Western Illinois at home on Sep 1st, and the jizz play them on the road 2 weeks later Sep 15th. The rest of the season we only share 3 other common opponents; PSU, UI, & CP. So out of 11 games each, we have just 4 common opponents. They don’t play EWU, ISU or Weber, but play all 3 California schools….so much for reducing travel. :shock:

FYI, spring ball begins Mar 3rd and ends 35 days later April 7th, with spring break in there as well.

FYI, Chris Murray’s stats for 2016 & 2017;
2016-true Freshman played in ~ 8 games ... http://static.bigskyconf.com/custompage ... m#team.ind
Rush ATT.. GAIN.. LOSS.. NET.. AVG.. TD.. AVG/G
.......138... 985... 125... 860... 6.2... 12... 78.2
Pass Effic.. COMP.. ATT.. INT’s.. PCT.. YARDS.. TD.. AVG/G.. ATT/INT
......110.6... 47..... 105... 8..... 44.8... 778..... 6.... 70.7..... 13.1
2017-true sophomore played in 11 games ... http://static.bigskyconf.com/custompage ... m#team.ind
Rush ATT.. GAIN.. LOSS... NET.. AVG.. TD.. AVG/G
...... 191.. 1216.... 92... 1124... 5.9.. 10... 102.2
..... 122.6.. 120... 233.... 9...... 51.5.. 1597... 15... 145.2.... 25.9____ note it doubled from 2016 =D^

Come August the CATS will tentatively have the following 8 QB’s on their roster;
• Chris Murray
• Tucker Rovig
• Brady McChesney
• Kamden Brown
• Luke May
• Callahan O’Reilly
• Casey Bauman (only incoming Freshman so most likely redshirt) :-k
• Travis Jonsen

Which ones, if any, will NOT be on the team?...Which ones, if any, will be at different positions? (May to safety???) :-k

Would it be fair to say at this stage we most likely won’t lose any more coaches? :-k GO CATS!
Last edited by The MICKSTER on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: TIDBITS

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:15 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:Just like to give a shout-out to the MSU Athletic Dept for releasing the 2019 FB schedule in Feb 2018. It is appreciated! \:D/

Regarding this year’s upcoming schedule…..I noticed that we won’t have to wait long for us and the other team over the hill to have a common opponent. We open with Western Illinois at home on Sep 1st, and the jizz play them on the road 2 weeks later Sep 15th. The rest of the season we only share 3 other common opponents; PSU, UI, & CP. So out of 11 games each, we have just 4 common opponents. They don’t play EWU, ISU or Weber, but play all 3 California schools….so much for reducing travel. :shock:

FYI, spring ball begins Mar 3rd and ends 35 days later April 7th, with spring break in there as well.

2016-true Freshman played in ~ 8 games ... http://static.bigskyconf.com/custompage ... m#team.ind
......110.6... 47..... 105... 8..... 44.8... 778.... 6..... 70.7..... 13.1
2017-true sophomore played in 11 games ... http://static.bigskyconf.com/custompage ... m#team.ind
..... 122.6.. 120.... 233.... 9..... 51.5.. 1597... 15... 145.2.... 25.9____ note it doubled from 2016 =D^

Come August the CATS will tentatively have the following 8 QB’s on their roster;
• Chris Murray
• Tucker Rovig
• Brady McChesney
• Kamden Brown
• Luke May
• Callahan O’Reilly
• Travis Jonsen

Which ones, if any, will NOT be on the team?...Which ones, if any, will be at different positions? (May to safety???) :-k

Would it be fair to say at this stage we most likely won’t lose any more coaches? :-k GO CATS!
Luke May played safety for the majority of last season. Bauman will redshirt. Brown will likely not make the team past spring ball. Murray, Rovig, McChesney, Jonsen, and O'Reilly will likely be the 5 QBs. Three juniors, two redshirt freshman, and one true freshman redshirting.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Tidbit:
The roster is at 107 including the 28 signees. At the start of fall it needs to be at 95?.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:23 pm

Hawks86 wrote:Tidbit:
The roster is at 107 including the 28 signees. At the start of fall it needs to be at 95?.
Spring ball attrition will claim several this year. However, the roster can expand to 105 once school starts in the fall so many young guys who don't quite crack the roster after spring ball can be invited back in the fall.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:56 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Spring ball attrition will claim several this year. However, the roster can expand to 105 once school starts in the fall so many young guys who don't quite crack the roster after spring ball can be invited back in the fall.
Should we be expecting any mid year transfers?

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Which are the common opponents with Weber State and EWU since that's who MSU will be competing with for the Big Sky title that year?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:02 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Maybe a defensive end or two.

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:08 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Maybe a defensive end or two.
I believe I heard an interior O-lineman

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:58 pm

PapaG wrote:Which are the common opponents with Weber State and EWU since that's who MSU will be competing with for the Big Sky title that year?
You forgot NAU. And Idaho..... :lol:

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

msufaithful
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by msufaithful » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:20 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:Just like to give a shout-out to the MSU Athletic Dept for releasing the 2019 FB schedule in Feb 2018. It is appreciated! \:D/

..... 122.6.. 120.... 233.... 9..... 51.5.. 1597... 15... 145.2.... 25.9____ note it doubled from 2016 =D^

• Chris Murray
• Tucker Rovig
• Brady McChesney
• Kamden Brown
• Luke May
• Callahan O’Reilly
• Travis Jonsen

Luke May played safety for the majority of last season. Bauman will redshirt. Brown will likely not make the team past spring ball. Murray, Rovig, McChesney, Jonsen, and O'Reilly will likely be the 5 QBs. Three juniors, two redshirt freshman, and one true freshman redshirting.
O'Reilly has been moved to the Mike position.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:27 pm

msufaithful wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

• Chris Murray
• Tucker Rovig
• Brady McChesney
• Kamden Brown
• Luke May
• Callahan O’Reilly
• Travis Jonsen

O'Reilly has been moved to the Mike position.
Wow. I assumed he would be moved, but I would have guessed TE. Kid is a heck of an athlete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:35 pm

Montanabob wrote:
PapaG wrote:Which are the common opponents with Weber State and EWU since that's who MSU will be competing with for the Big Sky title that year?
I'd honestly be shocked if Idaho isn't competing for the Big Sky or wins it outright this year. It's their first year dropping down, so in theory their roster should be full of FBS guys.

I don't expect them to dominate, but if they can't be one of the best teams in the conference this year, then they're worse than I thought.

What will be interesting is to see where they're at in 3,4,5 years, once they've been back in the FCS for awhile.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:33 am

Catsrgrood wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
I'd honestly be shocked if Idaho isn't competing for the Big Sky or wins it outright this year. It's their first year dropping down, so in theory their roster should be full of FBS guys.

I don't expect them to dominate, but if they can't be one of the best teams in the conference this year, then they're worse than I thought.

What will be interesting is to see where they're at in 3,4,5 years, once they've been back in the FCS for awhile.
My bet is they finish 5th in the conference. And decline after this year.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:09 am

Catsrgrood wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
You forgot NAU. And Idaho..... [emoji38]

It's tough to say how good Idaho will be this year. Yes, their roster is full of FBS guys, technically speaking, but they are FBS guys who can't win the Sunbelt conference. And remember the 2016 Bobcat team that went 4-7? Idaho beat them by just 3 points, in their house.

I expect them to be a decent team in the Big Sky, but not compete for the title.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:11 am

It will be interesting to see how Idaho and their "FBS" roster do on away games. That's something that people don't always talk about in the FCS/FBS matchups - they are 100% of the time at the FBS home field. I think there would be more FCS scalps if they had some home games. I know why it does't happen and I know it will never happen, but this is as close to finding out as we will get. Most of the guys starting at Idaho this year I assume were all FBS recruits.

But let' just look at 247 class rankings for Idaho for the last few years.

2014 - 129th nationally, 10th conference
2015 - 121st nationally, 9th conference
2016 - 123rd nationally, 8th conference
2017 - 134th natonally, 12th conference

It's not like they've been lighting up the recruiting trail. I know to take 247 with a huge grain of salt, but I'd say they've been recruiting at a top 25 FCS level for a while now at best.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:48 am

Montanabob wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
Montanabob wrote:

My bet is they finish 5th in the conference. And decline after this year.
Same here. I think Weber, MSU, and EWU and at least one other team (Maybe UND, SUU, or a CA team?) all finish higher.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Didn't I read BIg Bacon played QB for a moment or two as well? Is he still committed to be a Bobcat?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:42 pm

St George wrote:Didn't I read BIg Bacon played QB for a moment or two as well? Is he still committed to be a Bobcat?
He transferred to MSU prior to the spring semester starting. He is officially a member of the team. We will get to see him during spring drills.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:14 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
St George wrote:Didn't I read BIg Bacon played QB for a moment or two as well? Is he still committed to be a Bobcat?
He transferred to MSU prior to the spring semester starting. He is officially a member of the team. We will get to see him during spring drills.
WHO?

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:32 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
WHO?
Tyler Natee aka Big Bacon

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."