New bobcat beer

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: New bobcat beer

Post by RickRund » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:07 pm

I contacted The Front about Golden BOBCAT and he said they will hopefully be adding a marketing guy to this area, Rathdrum, just 5 miles from me. They want to add Northern Idaho/Eastern Washington to their area...
He will bring me a case and some swag for the ManCave. Beyond cool. Then I can display more stuff to irritate our Townsend family griz supporters even more...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:11 pm

So how's the beer? :thumbdown: :thumbup: :suds:

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:10 pm

Apparently they're having an event at The Front on Thursday night to formally launch the new Bobcat Beer. so hopefully they'll get a good turnout from Bobcat fans in the GF area.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:08 pm

coloradocat wrote:So how's the beer? [emoji107] [emoji106] :suds:
Comme ci Comme cą....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:53 pm

coloradocat wrote:So how's the beer? :thumbdown: :thumbup: :suds:
Normally I am not one for a straight up pale, but I really like it. Pretty smooth drinking and I think regardless of your beer tastes, it will be appealing. I drank a $hitload of it on Friday and Saturday for MSU's 125th Birthday Celebration so I also had that going for me, which was nice.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:11 pm

Looking forward to trying it out. Similar to Madison River Brewing's Salmon Fly Honey Rye?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:04 pm

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:53 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Looking forward to trying it out. Similar to Madison River Brewing's Salmon Fly Honey Rye?
No. Salmon fly isn't hoppy. This is kind of hoppy.

If you like a hoppy beer, ala an IPA, you probably won't be a huge fan of it. If you don't like an IPA, you may like it. I'm guessing the abv is low. It didn't seem like a beer that would be over about 5.5%. A good beer to session for tailgating. My personal opinion, they could've punched up the hoppiness of it. I'm not talking up to an IPA because it is a pale ale after all. The beer has a really nice nose to it. If the taste of the beer matched the nose, it would be an outstanding beer. Maybe a little more body to the beer would be nice.

76er
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 76er » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:42 pm

The brewer is pushing to sell this beer in the stadium this fall to solve the third quarter blues. Anybody think they will get that done?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:08 am

76er wrote:The brewer is pushing to sell this beer in the stadium this fall to solve the third quarter blues. Anybody think they will get that done?
Given that it has been discussed for years now and would be a controversial policy likely requiring very significant changes to the game day experience to accommodate it, I'd say the chances of establishing a policy of in-stadium beer sales in the next six months is about as close to zero as you can get.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:57 am

MSU01 wrote:
76er wrote:The brewer is pushing to sell this beer in the stadium this fall to solve the third quarter blues. Anybody think they will get that done?
Given that it has been discussed for years now and would be a controversial policy likely requiring very significant changes to the game day experience to accommodate it, I'd say the chances of establishing a policy of in-stadium beer sales in the next six months is about as close to zero as you can get.
Well thanks Debbie Downer (want to post emojis but it gives my fire hd8 an error message. Finally figured out why I have been getting the error messages)...

msubobcats@outlook.com

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:47 am

RickRund wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
Well thanks Debbie Downer (want to post emojis but it gives my fire hd8 an error message. Finally figured out why I have been getting the error messages)...
:lol: Have you seen the reactions on here at any suggestion of in-stadium alcohol sales and possible accompanying no re-entry policy that would end halftime tailgating? Debbie Downer or not, this is more than a six month change and I am guessing they will ultimately choose to keep the status quo. Is this beer even going to be a permanent thing, or is it just a one-time special to celebrate the 125th anniversary?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:33 am

https://twitter.com/BobcatClub/status/968125247743512578

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:08 pm

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:46 pm

I found it paired really nicely with Belgrade Taco Bus tacos. =D^

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:56 am

Tried it for the first time on Wednesday. It is marketed as a pale ale but is probably the least hoppy pale ale I can remember trying. More of a slightly hoppy version of a blonde ale with a little sweetness from the honey they added. It was fine and probably appeals to more people than a hoppier beer would, but it's probably not something I would buy again as I tend to prefer the porters/stouts and hoppier pale ales & IPAs.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:41 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:06 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Tried it for the first time on Wednesday. It is marketed as a pale ale but is probably the least hoppy pale ale I can remember trying. More of a slightly hoppy version of a blonde ale with a little sweetness from the honey they added. It was fine and probably appeals to more people than a hoppier beer would, but it's probably not something I would buy again as I tend to prefer the porters/stouts and hoppier pale ales & IPAs.
I Think We have the same fast in beer. And I agree with what you said. Ver batem.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:30 pm

lutecat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
I Think We have the same fast in beer. And I agree with what you said. Ver batem.

I got a case delivered to me this afternoon. I also agree. Not too bad but I prefer some pop in my beer. But it is a good beer. Patti likes it ok and she is not a real big beer fan....She likes Porters or Stout if there isn't a bitterness, Coconut or Coconut Vanilla is her fav. Or the Bourbon/Whiskey Stout...

msubobcats@outlook.com

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:38 pm

Red Rock Brewery here in Salt Lake City has a Nut Brown Ale called Bobcat. It is very good. The logo looks very much like the cat logo from the 80's.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN