Montana Recruits 2019

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6790
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Montana Recruits 2019

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Final Top 50 reveal:

50-31 from Jan. 7-13
30-21 from Jan. 14-20
20-11 from Jan. 21-27
10-1 from Jan. 28-Feb. 6
"Best of the Rest" from Feb. 7-12

2019 Badlands Bowl Roster: http://406mtsports.com/high-school/foot ... 4dff0.html

2019 Shrine Game Rosters: https://montanasports.com/high-school/f ... 9-rosters/

2018 Great Falls Tribune Super-State Team: https://www.greatfallstribune.com/story ... 452767002/

2018 All-USA Today Montana Team: https://usatodayhss.com/2018/2018-all-u ... tball-team

2019 Top 50 (1st Edition): viewtopic.php?p=630711#p630711
2019 Top 50 (2nd Edition): viewtopic.php?p=634802#p634802
2019 Top 50 (3rd Edition): viewtopic.php?p=654971#p654971

Quick recap of when these lists are produced. First one is released a week after signing day. Second one is released after track season is complete. Third is released right before their senior seasons. Final one is released throughout January up until signing day.

VimSince03's Top 50 Montana Recruits for 2019 Class (Final):

1.) Ryan Lonergan (Bozeman) - TE - 6'4", 220 lbs. (Montana State)
2.) Garrison Poetzl (Billings Senior) - DL - 6'4", 250 lbs. (Montana)
3.) Jesse Owens (Billings West) - WR/CB - 5'9", 175 lbs. (Montana)
4.) Chrishon Dixon (Billings Central) - CB/WR - 6'0", 160 lbs. (MSU-Billings - Basketball)
5.) Holden Sampson (Helena High) - OL - 6'3", 250 lbs. (Montana State)
6.) Ryan Tirrell (Missoula Loyola) - LB/S - 6'2", 205 lbs. (Montana)
7.) Trevin Gradney (Billings West) - CB - 6'0", 170 lbs. (Montana)
8.) Joe Olson (Bozeman) - RB - 6’0”, 195 lbs. (Montana State)
9.) Alex Johnson (Helena High) - LB/S - 6'2", 185 lbs. (Montana State)
10.) Blake Counts (Kalispell Flathead) - RB - 5'11", 205 lbs. (MT Tech)

11.) Ryder Meyer (Fairfield) - S - 5'9”, 170 lbs. (Montana)
12.) Marcus Wehr (Billings Central) - DE/DL - 6’3”, 220 lbs. (Montana State)
13.) Blake Thelen (Great Falls High) - QB - 6’3”, 185 lbs. (Montana State)
14.) Brody Grebe (Melstone) - LB - 6’2”, 205 lbs. (Choate Rosemary Hall)
15.) Connor Paul (Billings West) - OL/DL - 6'2", 250 lbs. (Univ. of Mary)
16.) Lucas Gibb (Billings West) - S - 6'2", 175 lbs. (Duke - School)
17.) Landers Smith (Charlo) - RB/LB/S - 6’0”, 190 lbs. (MT Tech)
18.) Alaric Greil (Helena Capital) - DE/DL - 6’3”, 235 lbs. (MT Tech)
19.) Anthony Jones (Kalispell Flathead) - WR - 6’2”, 210 lbs. (MT Tech)
20.) Kris Brown (Bozeman) - QB - 6’4”, 210 lbs. (Montana)

21.) Elias Dewaters (Missoula Sentinel) - RB/SB - 5'10", 185 lbs. (Montana)
22.) Ryan Simpson (Bozeman) - WR - 6'6", 190 lbs. (Montana)
23.) Tanner Trafton (Fergus) - WR - 6'5", 190 lbs. (Montana State)
24.) Rylan Ortt (Missoula Sentinel) - QB/ATH - 6'2", 185 lbs. (Montana State)
25.) Colten McPhee (Columbia Falls) - RB/LB - 5'9", 200 lbs. (UM-Western)
26.) Andrew Siderius (Kalispell Flathead) - OL/DL - 6’3”, 255 lbs.
27.) Logan Kennedy (Laurel) - TE/LB - 6’2”, 205 lbs. (MT Tech)
28.) Blaise Meriwether (Missoula Sentinel) - S - 6’0”, 195 lbs.
29.) Casey Gunlikson (Sweet Grass County) – WR/DB - 5’11”, 165 lbs. (MSU Track)
30.) Noah Ambuehl (Great Falls Central) - TE - 6’3”, 220 lbs. (Montana)

31.) Kyle Torgerson (Great Falls High) - WR/CB - 5'10", 150 lbs. (MT Tech)
32.) Ethan Bullock (Sweet Grass County) - TE/DE - 6’6”, 220 lbs. (Montana State)
33.) Jaden MacNeil (Kalispell Flathead) - ATH - 5’9”, 160 lbs. (MT Tech)
34.) Garrett Brown (Corvallis) - OL/DL - 6’3”, 270 lbs. (Univ. of Mary)
35.) Zach Spiroff (Helena) - CB - 5’9”, 165 lbs. (Carroll College)
36.) Logan Gilliard (Bigfork) - OL/TE/DE/LB - 6'3", 210 lbs. (Montana State)
37.) Mitchell Norslien (Fergus) - QB - 6’2”, 185 lbs. (MT Tech)
38.) Dawson Allen (Fairfield) - WR/DB - 6'3", 185 lbs.
39.) Justus Perkins (Bozeman) - OL - 6'1", 230 lbs. (Montana State
40.) Riley Dickinson (Great Falls Central) - RB/LB - 6'0", 190 lbs. (Rocky Mountain College)

41.) Maverick Roberts (Billings Central) - OL - 6'0", 245 lbs. (Carroll College)
42.) Preston Blain (Kalispell Glacier) - RB - 5'10", 190 lbs.
43.) JJ Lindsay (Billings West) - LB - 5'10", 190 lbs. (Carroll College)
44.) Max Evenson (Billings Senior) - LB - 6'2", 210 lbs. (Rocky Mountain College)
45.) Dillon Botner (Whitefish) - TE/OL - 6'6", 225 lbs. (Montana)
46.) Michael Nehring (Manhattan) - LB - 6'2", 200 lbs. (MT Tech)
47.) Kobe Nelson (Billings West) - OL - 6'5", 245 lbs. (MT Tech)
48.) Brock Field (Missoula Sentinel) - TE/FB/DE - 6'1", 220 lbs. (MT Tech)
49.) Grady Koenig (Helena) - RB - 6'0", 190 lbs. (MT Tech)
50.) Wes Jameson (Fergus) - LB - 6'2", 200 lbs. (MT Tech)

Scouting Reports (10-1) - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=47247
Scouting Reports (20-11) - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=47230
Scouting Reports (30-21) - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=47202
Scouting Reports (40-31) - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=47179
Scouting Reports (50-41) - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=47175
Last edited by VimSince03 on Thu May 30, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 62 times in total.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6790
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:36 am

Hey guys. Howard and I talked and we settled on unveiling the inital top (whatever) list for next year's Montana class sometime next week. Would like to reiterate that the initial ranking is more of a "quick-look" at the juniors who showed well last fall and should receive attention from the two in-state FCS schools. After junior days and track season, the second ranking will come out. I would like to point out there is not a Gabe Sulser/Troy Andersen level of player in the 2019 class so the #1 spot will be wide open (yes I understand I ranked Keaton Anderson ahead of Troy in 2017...still have very high hopes for Keaton in the MSU secondary).

From what I initially see, there will be some good wide receivers yet again, at both slot and outside receiver positions. On the lines, I see a few offensive lineman who should get Big Sky looks. I see some RBs that will receive interest but there is not a Drew Turner level kid at RB. There will be a few enticing TE prospects with one specifically already garnering significant interest from both the Cats and Griz. At QB, there will be some solid players and overall the position will be deeper than this past recruiting class...but deeper for NAIA level play. On defense, I see several defensive line prospects who should push for offers from UM/MSU. At linebacker, there will be some outside linebackers getting interest but I don't see any big thumpers at MLB. Not a very deep group compared to the last few years. I do see two decent cornerback prospects (hint: they are from the billings area). Last but not least, this class will feature some excellent safeties with 5-6 good looking players.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6790
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:38 am

Front page has been updated with both lists. Once again, keep in mind that this is just an initial list. I looked at over 150 prospects over the past few months and there are about 50-60 other kids who deserve to be in the conversation going forward.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by HowardRoss280 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:45 am

Like Vim said, it’s an early list and it’s really just some kids who caught our eye or have been on the radar for a couple years now. As for mine, I do have a kicker at number 10, that will probably change throughout the lists, but Spencer is the real deal as far as kickers go, and in my opinion, will get a shot in the FCS.



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9189
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by wbtfg » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:12 pm

VimSince03 wrote:VimSince03's Top 10 Montana Recruits for 2019 Class (1st Edition):

1.) Garrison Poetzl (Billings Senior) - OL/DT - 6'4", 240 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/5377531/Ga ... tzl/videos
2.) Chrishon Dixon (Billings Central) - WR/DB - 6'0", 160 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/5385724/Ch ... xon/videos
3.) Ryan Lonergan (Bozeman) - TE - 6'4", 205 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/7614694/Rya ... gan/videos
4.) Holden Sampson (Helena High) - OL - 6'2", 230 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/8112959/Hol ... son/videos
5.) Anthony Jones (Kalispell Flathead) - WR - 6'2", 210 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/8831867/An ... nes/videos
6.) Landers Smith (Charlo) - ATH/LB - 6'0", 190 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/9251731/Lan ... ith/videos
7.) Blake Counts (Kalispell Flathead) - RB - 6'0", 200 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/6337460/Blake-Counts/videos
8.) Joe Olson (Bozeman) - RB/LB - 6'0", 190 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/8651350/Joe-Olson/videos
9.) Alex Johnson (Helena High) - LB/S - 6'2", 185 lbs. - https://wwww.hudl.com/profile/7057249/A ... son/videos
10.) Alaric Greil (Helena Capital) - DL - 6'2", 230 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/8034544/Alaric-Greil/videos

HowardRoss280's Top 10 Montana Recruits for 2019 Class (1st Edition):

1.) Chrishon Dixon (Billings Central) - WR/DB - 6'0", 160 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/5385724/Ch ... xon/videos
2.) Joe Olson (Bozeman) - RB/LB - 6'0", 190 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/8651350/Joe-Olson/videos
3.) Jesse Owens (Billings West) - WR - 5'9, 165 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/7420539/Jesse-Owens/videos
4.) Ryan Lonergan (Bozeman) - TE - 6'4", 205 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/7614694/Rya ... gan/videos
5.) Garrison Poetzl (Billings Senior) - OL/DT - 6'4", 240 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/5377531/Ga ... tzl/videos
6.) Anthony Jones (Kalispell Flathead) - WR - 6'2", 210 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/8831867/An ... nes/videos
7.) Alex Johnson (Helena High) - LB/S - 6'2", 185 lbs. - https://wwww.hudl.com/profile/7057249/A ... son/videos
8.) Colten McPhee (Columbia Falls) – RB/LB - 5’9", 200 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/5652846/Co ... hee/videos
9.) Alaric Greil (Helena Capital) - DL - 6'2", 230 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/8034544/Alaric-Greil/videos
10.) Spencer Peppenger (Missoula Sentinel) - K - 6'0, 150 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/7351488/Spe ... ger/videos
Are there any guys on the list you think are the Troy Anderson, Keaton Anderson, Gabe Sulser type recruit who already holds a full ride offer from one or both UM/MSU?



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6790
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:19 pm

wbtfg wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:VimSince03's Top 10 Montana Recruits for 2019 Class (1st Edition):

1.) Garrison Poetzl (Billings Senior) - OL/DT - 6'4", 240 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/5377531/Ga ... tzl/videos
2.) Chrishon Dixon (Billings Central) - WR/DB - 6'0", 160 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/5385724/Ch ... xon/videos
3.) Ryan Lonergan (Bozeman) - TE - 6'4", 205 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/7614694/Rya ... gan/videos
4.) Holden Sampson (Helena High) - OL - 6'2", 230 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/8112959/Hol ... son/videos
5.) Anthony Jones (Kalispell Flathead) - WR - 6'2", 210 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/8831867/An ... nes/videos
6.) Landers Smith (Charlo) - ATH/LB - 6'0", 190 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/9251731/Lan ... ith/videos
7.) Blake Counts (Kalispell Flathead) - RB - 6'0", 200 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/6337460/Blake-Counts/videos
8.) Joe Olson (Bozeman) - RB/LB - 6'0", 190 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/8651350/Joe-Olson/videos
9.) Alex Johnson (Helena High) - LB/S - 6'2", 185 lbs. - https://wwww.hudl.com/profile/7057249/A ... son/videos
10.) Alaric Greil (Helena Capital) - DL - 6'2", 230 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/8034544/Alaric-Greil/videos

HowardRoss280's Top 10 Montana Recruits for 2019 Class (1st Edition):

1.) Chrishon Dixon (Billings Central) - WR/DB - 6'0", 160 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/5385724/Ch ... xon/videos
2.) Joe Olson (Bozeman) - RB/LB - 6'0", 190 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/8651350/Joe-Olson/videos
3.) Jesse Owens (Billings West) - WR - 5'9, 165 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/7420539/Jesse-Owens/videos
4.) Ryan Lonergan (Bozeman) - TE - 6'4", 205 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/7614694/Rya ... gan/videos
5.) Garrison Poetzl (Billings Senior) - OL/DT - 6'4", 240 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/5377531/Ga ... tzl/videos
6.) Anthony Jones (Kalispell Flathead) - WR - 6'2", 210 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/8831867/An ... nes/videos
7.) Alex Johnson (Helena High) - LB/S - 6'2", 185 lbs. - https://wwww.hudl.com/profile/7057249/A ... son/videos
8.) Colten McPhee (Columbia Falls) – RB/LB - 5’9", 200 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/5652846/Co ... hee/videos
9.) Alaric Greil (Helena Capital) - DL - 6'2", 230 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/8034544/Alaric-Greil/videos
10.) Spencer Peppenger (Missoula Sentinel) - K - 6'0, 150 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/7351488/Spe ... ger/videos
Are there any guys on the list you think are the Troy Anderson, Keaton Anderson, Gabe Sulser type recruit who already holds a full ride offer from one or both UM/MSU?
No I do not. Poetzl, Lonergan, and Dixon are in the ballpark.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9189
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by wbtfg » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:24 pm

Thanks for posting, gentlemen.



HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by HowardRoss280 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:26 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:VimSince03's Top 10 Montana Recruits for 2019 Class (1st Edition):

1.) Garrison Poetzl (Billings Senior) - OL/DT - 6'4", 240 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/5377531/Ga ... tzl/videos
2.) Chrishon Dixon (Billings Central) - WR/DB - 6'0", 160 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/5385724/Ch ... xon/videos
3.) Ryan Lonergan (Bozeman) - TE - 6'4", 205 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/7614694/Rya ... gan/videos
4.) Holden Sampson (Helena High) - OL - 6'2", 230 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/8112959/Hol ... son/videos
5.) Anthony Jones (Kalispell Flathead) - WR - 6'2", 210 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/8831867/An ... nes/videos
6.) Landers Smith (Charlo) - ATH/LB - 6'0", 190 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/9251731/Lan ... ith/videos
7.) Blake Counts (Kalispell Flathead) - RB - 6'0", 200 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/6337460/Blake-Counts/videos
8.) Joe Olson (Bozeman) - RB/LB - 6'0", 190 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/8651350/Joe-Olson/videos
9.) Alex Johnson (Helena High) - LB/S - 6'2", 185 lbs. - https://wwww.hudl.com/profile/7057249/A ... son/videos
10.) Alaric Greil (Helena Capital) - DL - 6'2", 230 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/8034544/Alaric-Greil/videos

HowardRoss280's Top 10 Montana Recruits for 2019 Class (1st Edition):

1.) Chrishon Dixon (Billings Central) - WR/DB - 6'0", 160 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/5385724/Ch ... xon/videos
2.) Joe Olson (Bozeman) - RB/LB - 6'0", 190 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/8651350/Joe-Olson/videos
3.) Jesse Owens (Billings West) - WR - 5'9, 165 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/7420539/Jesse-Owens/videos
4.) Ryan Lonergan (Bozeman) - TE - 6'4", 205 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/7614694/Rya ... gan/videos
5.) Garrison Poetzl (Billings Senior) - OL/DT - 6'4", 240 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/5377531/Ga ... tzl/videos
6.) Anthony Jones (Kalispell Flathead) - WR - 6'2", 210 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/8831867/An ... nes/videos
7.) Alex Johnson (Helena High) - LB/S - 6'2", 185 lbs. - https://wwww.hudl.com/profile/7057249/A ... son/videos
8.) Colten McPhee (Columbia Falls) – RB/LB - 5’9", 200 lbs. - https://www.hudl.com/profile/5652846/Co ... hee/videos
9.) Alaric Greil (Helena Capital) - DL - 6'2", 230 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/8034544/Alaric-Greil/videos
10.) Spencer Peppenger (Missoula Sentinel) - K - 6'0, 150 lbs. - http://www.hudl.com/profile/7351488/Spe ... ger/videos
Are there any guys on the list you think are the Troy Anderson, Keaton Anderson, Gabe Sulser type recruit who already holds a full ride offer from one or both UM/MSU?
No I do not. Poetzl, Lonergan, and Dixon are in the ballpark.
I don’t think so either. Those three are the front runners though. I personally think the kid in this class who best compares to a Gabe Sulser would be Jesse Owens from Billings West. He’s got insane speed, there’s not going to be very many DBs that are going to be able to run with him. Gabe is more physical that Jesse though, and a better route runner.



User avatar
WeedKillinCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1811
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:19 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by WeedKillinCat » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:27 pm

Dixon is pretty good on both sides of the ball. He is very athletic. But I have to wonder if he will get some offers for basketball. He's having a heck of a season so far


1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6790
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:01 am

Posted a Top 50. Let the "how in the hell can you not have (insert kid's name here) in the Top 50 players in the state" begin. But seriously though, PM me to talk about the Montana recruits if you think I have a kid too low, too high, etc. and we can have a discussion about it.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by HowardRoss280 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:56 pm

VimSince03 wrote:Posted a Top 50. Let the "how in the hell can you not have (insert kid's name here) in the Top 50 players in the state" begin. But seriously though, PM me to talk about the Montana recruits if you think I have a kid too low, too high, etc. and we can have a discussion about it.
Same goes for me, Always up for discussion, and it’s in that early stage where kids will start to break away from others and things really start coming into picture, so getting a name out there is big.



User avatar
LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4988
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: Lewistown, MT

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by LTown Cat » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:57 pm

What is your general rule of thumb for where the FCS talent stops and NAIA starts? I realize there’s a gray area and each year is different. Just curious your thoughts.


Image

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6790
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:59 pm

https://twitter.com/Dreyfuss75/status/964509101643333632 Carter is slated to have another huge track season. He earned All-State last year as an offensive guard for Sidney at 6'1", 245 lbs. He's currently #30 on my initial Top 50. Carter is one of those kids who can be a future center or defensive tackle if he turns up the physicality of his game. His future may be in track regardless but he has a ton of potential as a football player.

Speaking of the Bobcats, the kid who took 4th place wearing the Bobcat gear is Josh Mertz from Middleton, Idaho who signed with MSU track last fall.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

HowardRoss280
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by HowardRoss280 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:29 pm

LTown Cat wrote:What is your general rule of thumb for where the FCS talent stops and NAIA starts? I realize there’s a gray area and each year is different. Just curious your thoughts.
For me, it’s tough to say, I know this isn’t a great answer, but when watching a kid you can just tell that they have “it”. And those are usually the FCS kids. Size can play a big part of it, but obviously it isn’t limited to size. A big thing to watch is just if said kid is dominating the competition.



lutecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2231
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by lutecat » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:27 pm

Surprised to see a central Catholic kid from gf. Grew up in gf and just not something I think about them being any good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6790
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:39 pm

https://twitter.com/Melstone_Broncs/status/965032049760288768 Brody Grebe (#40 on my list) is from Melstone, MT and travels to Roundup for football. He is a QB/LB for the Panthers and is a tough kid to handle once he gets going. He is physical on both sides of the ball and could turn into a nice OLB if he gets a little bigger. But obviously from the video, he is a good athlete and a kid to watch next year.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8709
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:18 pm

Getting MT kids into the database of 247 or Hero might be as simple as a tweet.
https://twitter.com/BrianMacWriter/status/966408531032207361 https://twitter.com/TheNachOnSports/status/966469390664327168


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6790
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:18 pm

https://twitter.com/CoachKyleSamson/status/967055452428120064 Anthony is one of the top WR's and overall players in Montana for the 2019 recruiting class. A big, physical prospect who competes for the ball at 6'2", 210 lbs. To become a top tier prospect, he will have to improve his blocking. His initial contact is good but struggles to sustain. But as a route-runner/ball-catcher, the only player that might be better than Anthony is Chrishon Dixon.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

dayday
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:37 am

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by dayday » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Hawks86 wrote:Getting MT kids into the database of 247 or Hero might be as simple as a tweet.
https://twitter.com/BrianMacWriter/status/966408531032207361 https://twitter.com/TheNachOnSports/status/966469390664327168
I don’t buy it as I made Brian well aware of Askelson, Sulser and Turner during the early Fall.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



catzfan55
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 9:47 pm

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by catzfan55 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:41 pm

I have read that CMR has a few kids getting a lot attention? Greenwell, Taylor and Wilkes. I see they
Are on the Top 50 list. Any one know or seen them play, FCS possible ... and most important
Any chance they are Cat kids?? I see All 3 are multi sport kids which I like.



Post Reply