Spring Ball '18

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Spring Ball '18

Post by superbobcat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:30 am

No I disagree as well. Our O line is deep and talented, I think they could be the best in the conference. Our receivers are young but I think with our style they fit perfectly. Don’t sleep on Big Bacon, he is going to be a handful with our line. I think Tucker moving to RB is a great move. We are getting there on offense too, but smart to build the defense first, that is what wins late in the year.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:46 am

It’s going to be a little hard to recruit a WR here, we don’t throw very much. We did have a #1 type guy for our offense, Jabari, but he went down.

We have have some young WR talent coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:48 am

CelticCat wrote:It’s going to be a little hard to recruit a WR here, we don’t throw very much. We did have a #1 type guy for our offense, Jabari, but he went down.

We have have some young WR talent coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It hurt to lose Keon Stephens who had plenty of play-making ability prior to him getting into the altercation that led to his dismissal last fall.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:17 am

superbobcat wrote:No I disagree as well. Our O line is deep and talented, I think they could be the best in the conference. Our receivers are young but I think with our style they fit perfectly. Don’t sleep on Big Bacon, he is going to be a handful with our line. I think Tucker moving to RB is a great move. We are getting there on offense too, but smart to build the defense first, that is what wins late in the year.
If this were true Choate would have not stated publicly that he will be looking for a drop down this spring at WR. We were weak at receiver last year and our two best are gone.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:40 pm

We just need Kassis to catch every ball thrown his way. Design plays that get him the ball in space ala Amendola or Edelman or Kupp, and complete 13-17 a game to the total team of WRs and we can win. If Kassis touches the ball 6-10 times/game and our running game does what it does, we’ll be just fine. I think in the past we’ve been too complex in our route calls and Murray hasn’t developed enough to get to his third read. One read and off he goes. He needs to develop a GREAT relationship with a go to guy (Kassis) and know that they’ll be there for each other.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:37 am

I'll be rolling out a series of stories about Montana State's recently completed spring football session and the state of the program in general over the next month or so. It will be at least 8 stories but could be more depending on all the notes and interviews I've compiled and what I have at my disposal.

Here is the first installment
Bobcats still searching for Murray's main competitor
https://skylinesportsmt.com/bobcats-sti ... ompetitor/

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:05 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:I'll be rolling out a series of stories about Montana State's recently completed spring football session and the state of the program in general over the next month or so. It will be at least 8 stories but could be more depending on all the notes and interviews I've compiled and what I have at my disposal.

Here is the first installment
Bobcats still searching for Murray's main competitor
https://skylinesportsmt.com/bobcats-sti ... ompetitor/
Thanks Colter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:39 pm

Sorry if I missed this somewhere else, but now that spring ball is officially done, does anyone have a breakdown of what the 2 deep looks like right now? Or what their opinion of what they think it is anyway.

I know different positions have been discussed, but what about the whole team?
Looking for people like Colter and Vims input, of course everyone can discuss, but they both seem to have a good feel for what the team looks like as a whole.

It's all but a guarantee that a true freshman or 5 will crack the 2 deep this fall, so that of course will change things a bit.

Just looking for some kind of discussion going into the offseason that doesn't involve discussing if our defense will be too good or where I can get a great deal on a new handbag.

asstastic
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by asstastic » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:15 pm

Bump

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue May 01, 2018 9:33 am