Who had the better class? UM or MSU?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

1984TwoMinutesHate
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Who had the better class? UM or MSU?

Post by 1984TwoMinutesHate » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:28 am

HowardRoss280 wrote:Hard saying who had the better class at this time, like others have said, time will tell.
I will say that the Griz got the “stars” in this class, Sulser, Graves, Turner, Janacaro. While MSU got the “underdogs” who I think have a very high ceiling compared to where they were recruited, such as Pickering, Choate, Allred.
You're way off base here, brah. Sulser is the jizz's only big time in state kid. They'll argue Turner too, which I'd grant. But Graves & Jancaro weren't even on the Bobcats radar I'm pretty sure. Let 'em go play for lil' Bobby.

Additionally, Pickering & Allred were just partials for the Cats. Choate is a preferred walk-on, brah.

You've completely glossed over the in-state Bobcat recruits Askelson & Winterburn. Neither of these dudes are "underdogs" in any sense. These are both big time in-staters my guy.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:57 am

1984TwoMinutesHate wrote:
HowardRoss280 wrote:Hard saying who had the better class at this time, like others have said, time will tell.
I will say that the Griz got the “stars” in this class, Sulser, Graves, Turner, Janacaro. While MSU got the “underdogs” who I think have a very high ceiling compared to where they were recruited, such as Pickering, Choate, Allred.
You're way off base here, brah. Sulser is the jizz's only big time in state kid. They'll argue Turner too, which I'd grant. But Graves & Jancaro weren't even on the Bobcats radar I'm pretty sure. Let 'em go play for lil' Bobby.

Additionally, Pickering & Allred were just partials for the Cats. Choate is a preferred walk-on, brah.

You've completely glossed over the in-state Bobcat recruits Askelson & Winterburn. Neither of these dudes are "underdogs" in any sense. These are both big time in-staters my guy.
Graves was definitely on our radar and is a very good in-state player.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:52 am

Settle down bro-fessor. Just a guys opinion, and he’s watched more tape of these guys than probably most of us combined.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:55 am

Random question here, and probably a dumb one. Are there any rules about coaches' kids, for example can coach Choate foot the bill personally for Jory's college career, therefore using that schollie money on other players?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:08 pm

catatac wrote:Random question here, and probably a dumb one. Are there any rules about coaches' kids, for example can coach Choate foot the bill personally for Jory's college career, therefore using that schollie money on other players?
I thought Jory is a PWO. Or are you talking down the road?

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:30 pm

catatac wrote:Random question here, and probably a dumb one. Are there any rules about coaches' kids, for example can coach Choate foot the bill personally for Jory's college career, therefore using that schollie money on other players?
Not sure why a father wouldn't be able to pay for his son's college?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:40 pm

As an employee of the University, Choate gets partial tuition and fee waivers for his dependents. Jory is a preferred walk-on

http://www.montana.edu/wwwfa/dptw.html

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:00 pm

Sounds like a good buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:39 pm

AFCAT wrote:

As an employee of the University, Choate gets partial tuition and fee waivers for his dependents. Jory is a preferred walk-on

Only applies to one dependent per semester.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:55 am

AFCAT wrote:

Gotchya, thanks AFCAT. I was thinking there was something to that but couldn't remember exactly. The only reason I brought that up is because I was thinking, let's say Jory was a 5 star recruit with all the big schools offering full rides, but Jeff just told him to stay in Bozeman and play for MSU and he'll pay the full tab. Win win as Jory gets school paid for and Dad gets a 5 start recruit that doesn't count against the scholarships. :D

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:32 am

Catsrgrood wrote:

Settle down bro-fessor. Just a guys opinion, and he’s watched more tape of these guys than probably most of us combined.
Garrett was one of the Top 4 players on the Bobcats in-state recruiting board. That doesn't even have to be debated because its a fact. Janacaro was on the Bobcats radar but only as a PWO (likely as a fullback). Doesn't mean Levi isn't an excellent football player. I actually think college coaches slept on him as a linebacker prospect. Anyway, the Griz did very well in-state last year and its okay to admit that...because it isn't like the Bobcats got the runts of the litter. We will know in 3-4 years how these kids pan out.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."