2019 MSU Recruiting (37 Signees)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2019 MSU Recruiting (5 Verbals/15 Signees)

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:28 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:18 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:15 pm
I see Zambrano has a new photo on his twitter page of him wearing an MSU uniform.
Has had for the past two days. Encouraging for sure.

These kids have one more weekend to take advantage of any outstanding recruiting visits. I get why Choate stopped the booms and it makes signing day that much more mysterious/suspenseful. I love surprises on Signing Day!
Yeah, I saw this cryptic tweet from Alleyne today too. I-75?

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:28 am

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:28 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
I see Zambrano has a new photo on his twitter page of him wearing an MSU uniform.

These kids have one more weekend to take advantage of any outstanding recruiting visits. I get why Choate stopped the booms and it makes signing day that much more mysterious/suspenseful. I love surprises on Signing Day!

His next reply is "Fr though just seem Youngstown state the other day Kent state now", so maybe he's talking about an area back in Virginia or something that schools are recruiting more than they previously have.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:46 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:28 am
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:28 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

His next reply is "Fr though just seem Youngstown state the other day Kent state now", so maybe he's talking about an area back in Virginia or something that schools are recruiting more than they previously have.
This is correct. Reference to the VA-75.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2019 MSU Recruiting (6 Verbals/15 Signees)

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:16 pm

Why do I hate the last weekend before signing day? Power 5 FBS schools dangle PWO offers to kids receiving full-scholarship offers from FCS schools. In this day and age, I just don't understand how these kids think they will have a better opportunity to play in the NFL by walking on to Power 5 schools. Go get your ass kicked for no money and get continually overlooked by "more athletic" prospects each year OR go get a chance to compete for early playing time and prove your ability at a relatively good level of football...fully funded. I'm not even referencing specific MSU recruits. Since I've paid attention to recruiting, this is the week that bothers me the most. Know your value and don't let the larger schools undervalue it!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:16 pm
Why do I hate the last weekend before signing day? Power 5 FBS schools dangle PWO offers to kids receiving full-scholarship offers from FCS schools. In this day and age, I just don't understand how these kids think they will have a better opportunity to play in the NFL by walking on to Power 5 schools. Go get your ass kicked for no money and get continually overlooked by "more athletic" prospects each year OR go get a chance to compete for early playing time and prove your ability at a relatively good level of football...fully funded. I'm not even referencing specific MSU recruits. Since I've paid attention to recruiting, this is the week that bothers me the most. Know your value and don't let the larger schools undervalue it!
When Tyson Swaggert was being recruited by MSU I went to most of his high school games since I knew him, his brother Brent (MSU OL) and his family fairly well. He ended up going to U of MInnesota. I asked him why he picked UM over MSU where he would probably start for 4 years. He said it was the desire to play in front of 100K fans, which he would at U of MIchigan, Penn State and Ohio State.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:50 pm

gtapp wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
When Tyson Swaggert was being recruited by MSU I went to most of his high school games since I knew him, his brother Brent (MSU OL) and his family fairly well. He ended up going to U of MInnesota. I asked him why he picked UM over MSU where he would probably start for 4 years. He said it was the desire to play in front of 100K fans, which he would at U of MIchigan, Penn State and Ohio State.
Was he offered a full-ride or a PWO? That's the argument I'm making.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:56 pm

gtapp wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
My brother was offered a full ride scholly by a Div 1 (FBS) school but went to MSU instead. He wanted to play in front of his friends and family and we were MSU fans. We wouldn't have been able to go to many of his games had he taken the big offer.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:09 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:50 pm
gtapp wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
I knoe MSU was a full ride and I thought UM was also.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:12 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:21 am

gtapp wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:09 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:50 pm
gtapp wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
I knoe MSU was a full ride and I thought UM was also.
Can't fault a guy for that decision then. If he was a PWO, then essentially he's paying $20k (or whatever the full ride is worth) a year to play in front of a few big crowds a year.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:41 am

Any visitors this week besides the one we know about? Would guess this would be our big one. Think last year it was. Basketball games should be big for our recruits to watch with it being cat griz ... fun environment

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:05 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:41 am
Any visitors this week besides the one we know about? Would guess this would be our big one. Think last year it was. Basketball games should be big for our recruits to watch with it being cat griz ... fun environment
I know this is a popular PWO weekend for any in-state recruits still looking for a home and have interest from the Cats.

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:35 am

Looked like five or maybe 6 kids here for recruiting last night. Any other ideas on who they were?

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:32 am

Might be 5 or 6 kids with extended stays in Bozeman due to the current weather situation. No one will be flying in and out of Missoula right now and for the next few days, I'm guessing its close to the same in Bozeman ?

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:46 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:32 am
Might be 5 or 6 kids with extended stays in Bozeman due to the current weather situation. No one will be flying in and out of Missoula right now and for the next few days, I'm guessing its close to the same in Bozeman ?
I can't imagine that's a good selling point for anyone not from the Rockies.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:07 am

technoCat wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:46 am
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:32 am
I can't imagine that's a good selling point for anyone not from the Rockies.
From the Bozeman airport’s website, departing flights are showing as on time and many of the arrivals are getting in early.

Bozeman weather is windy but not snowing at the moment.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:35 am

Jaden finally got to take his official visit this past weekend.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2019 MSU Recruiting (7 Verbals/15 Signees)

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:39 am

CB/WR recuit who visited two weeks ago.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:59 am

Rylan primarily starred at QB in high school. In a similar situation to Kaleb Winterburn last year, the Bobcats will develop him at safety instead. Let Rylan develop for a few years and see what happens. The kid is well built for the position at 6'2", 190 lbs. and he's a natural athlete. Definitely an intriguing prospect in-state.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:42 pm

Here is the list of recruits I "think" were here this past weekend:

DeMareus Hosey (Northwest) - RB (2-star) - 6'0", 190 lbs. - Fort Worth, TX (https://www.hudl.com/profile/6599191/De ... sey/videos)
Jaden Smith (Kennedale) - WR (3-star) - 6'6", 186 lbs. - Kennedale, TX (https://www.hudl.com/profile/2769452/Jaden-Smith/videos)
Dom Brown (Oxnard) - CB (3-star) - 6'3", 185 lbs. - Oxnard, CA (https://www.hudl.com/profile/7428906/Dom-Brown/videos)
Jamahd Monroe (Lincoln) - WR (2-star) - 6'1", 180 lbs. - San Diego, CA (https://www.hudl.com/profile/8058434/Ja ... roe/videos)
Evan Williams (Saint Francis) - FS/WR (3-star) - 6'0", 185 lbs. - Mountain View, CA (https://www.hudl.com/profile/6443557/Ev ... ams/videos)
Rylan Ortt (Missoula Sentinel) - ATH/S - 6'2", 185 lbs. - Missoula Sentinel (http://www.hudl.com/profile/5482094/Rylan-Ortt/videos)

Of course, Smith and Hosey already have signed. This was their official visit.