Rachac

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: Rachac

Post by PapaG » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:18 pm

TomCat88 wrote:[
They aren’t using anything in Helena IR. Really weak. Apathetic.

Pathetic seems like the better term, but then again I get almost all of my MSU information through this site from VimSince03, with the occasional bobcat99 insider scoop on the side. What does VimSince03 do for a living? He spends so much time on in-state Montana recruiting and it's just amazing to me that someone does that and follows the MT HS football scene that well. I feel educated on Montana HS FB after reading his posts and look forward to his updates on Montana HS sports for both football and basketball.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:18 am

Looks like the Bozeman Chronicle coverage of signing day consists of retweeting MSU Football tweets. Good job, BDC, way to go the extra mile.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:34 am

The media bias in this state is obvious when it comes to the Cats and griz. I just checked the grizette and of course they have an article "Meet the Montana Recruits", what about MSU? Its been that way for weeks. It sucks that most of the journalism grads come out of zootown and when it comes to reporting, whether it is print or TV it seems that dUMb gets most of it. Even SWX's promo for sports features 5 quick clips of the griz football highlights, nothing about MSU. It's getting old.

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:37 am

WeedKillinCat wrote:The media bias in this state is obvious when it comes to the Cats and griz. I just checked the grizette and of course they have an article "Meet the Montana Recruits", what about MSU? Its been that way for weeks. It sucks that most of the journalism grads come out of zootown and when it comes to reporting, whether it is print or TV it seems that dUMb gets most of it. Even SWX's promo for sports features 5 quick clips of the griz football highlights, nothing about MSU. It's getting old.
That "meet the montana recruits" is technically from the Missoulian. But because of Lee Enterprises owning the Gazette, everything sports related getting reported by the Missoulian will also run in the Billings Gazette. If I have that wrong, someone correct me.

Anyway, Greg did a good enough job of getting stories out there from MSU. He had to compete with Colter (Skyline) and Parker Gabriel (former Bozeman Chronicle and undderated reporter) for a few years but he still provided enough coverage to appease the Bobcat fanbase. But now its just getting sad.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:51 am

I'm sure Colter will have a writeup at some point.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:57 am

91catAlum wrote:I'm sure Colter will have a writeup at some point.
Montana State has 11 letters in so far on National Signing Day, bringing total number of new Bobcats to 27. MSU is still waiting on NLOI from Isaiah Ifanse to bring total of new Bobcats to 28. Check them all out here.

Montana State Bobcats National Signing Day signees
https://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-sta ... y-signees/

We will have video from today's press conference with Jeff Choate as well I have interviewed Blake Allread and will have a story later this week and I have scheduled with the most recent commits — Malik Putney, Mekhi Metcalf, efforting James Williams and Isaiah Ifanse — so stay tuned. By this time next, we will have full write ups on every incoming Bobcat plus we will have recruiting follow-ups with Choate and his staff.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:59 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Montana State has 11 letters in so far on National Signing Day, bringing total number of new Bobcats to 27. MSU is still waiting on NLOI from Isaiah Ifanse to bring total of new Bobcats to 28. Check them all out here.

We will have video from today's press conference with Jeff Choate as well I have interviewed Blake Allread and will have a story later this week and I have scheduled with the most recent commits — Malik Putney, Mekhi Metcalf, efforting James Williams and Isaiah Ifanse — so stay tuned. By this time next, we will have full write ups on every incoming Bobcat plus we will have recruiting follow-ups with Choate and his staff.
Good stuff, Colter!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:29 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Thanks, Colter. That's great coverage. I really like your individual profile stories. Without you I hate to think of where we would be. I’m a happy camper and subscriber.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:19 am

Montana State signed 12 recruits on Wednesday, including a few surprises
https://skylinesportsmt.com/bobcats-sig ... surprises/

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:42 am

VimSince03 wrote:
WeedKillinCat wrote:The media bias in this state is obvious when it comes to the Cats and griz. I just checked the grizette and of course they have an article "Meet the Montana Recruits", what about MSU? Its been that way for weeks. It sucks that most of the journalism grads come out of zootown and when it comes to reporting, whether it is print or TV it seems that dUMb gets most of it. Even SWX's promo for sports features 5 quick clips of the griz football highlights, nothing about MSU. It's getting old.
That "meet the montana recruits" is technically from the Missoulian. But because of Lee Enterprises owning the Gazette, everything sports related getting reported by the Missoulian will also run in the Billings Gazette. If I have that wrong, someone correct me.

Anyway, Greg did a good enough job of getting stories out there from MSU. He had to compete with Colter (Skyline) and Parker Gabriel (former Bozeman Chronicle and undderated reporter) for a few years but he still provided enough coverage to appease the Bobcat fanbase. But now its just getting sad.
I'm not concerned about the lack of coverage. By November of this year there will be reporters from Montana and the FCS ranks tripping over each other to get stories and interviews from the MSU football program, because we are going to be one of THE top stories in the FCS. It all starts with winning. Right now IMO we are getting all the press we deserve. Once the winning football games start adding up, we are going to see that coverage in spades. I like flying under the radar, keeps the program humble and hungry, and the less distractions from outside forces the better off for all concerned. "The future is now" and "Whoe, Nellie" sit back and enjoy the ride that is about to unfold. It will not be disappointing!
:thumbup:

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:15 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I'm not concerned about the lack of coverage. By November of this year there will be reporters from Montana and the FCS ranks tripping over each other to get stories and interviews from the MSU football program, because we are going to be one of THE top stories in the FCS. It all starts with winning. Right now IMO we are getting all the press we deserve. Once the winning football games start adding up, we are going to see that coverage in spades. I like flying under the radar, keeps the program humble and hungry, and the less distractions from outside forces the better off for all concerned. "The future is now" and "Whoe, Nellie" sit back and enjoy the ride that is about to unfold. It will not be disappointing!
:thumbup:
=D^ =D^ =D^

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:42 pm

He is back. Rachac has accepted an offer to return to 406 sports and the Billings Gazette. Looks like May 1st back in print. Maybe 2nd time around is a charm for him and expanded Bobcat football coverage?

:coffee:

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:46 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:He is back. Rachac has accepted an offer to return to 406 sports and the Billings Gazette. Looks like May 1st back in print. Maybe 2nd time around is a charm for him and expanded Bobcat football coverage?

Had a full on belly laugh when Greg told me this.

Only Lee Enterprises finally bites the bullet, puts a reporter on the ground in Bozeman so they can compete with Skyline and the Chronicle while also finally evening out the coverage, forces said reporter out two years later with no back up plan, continues running full Griz content statewide but no MSU coverage, receives a ton of backlash for not covering Montana State THEN goes crawling back to said reporter and begs him to come back. It's too good ](*,) :lol:

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:52 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Bobcatsinmso wrote:He is back. Rachac has accepted an offer to return to 406 sports and the Billings Gazette. Looks like May 1st back in print. Maybe 2nd time around is a charm for him and expanded Bobcat football coverage?

Only Lee Enterprises finally bites the bullet, puts a reporter on the ground in Bozeman so they can compete with Skyline and the Chronicle while also finally evening out the coverage, forces said reporter out two years later with no back up plan, continues running full Griz content statewide but no MSU coverage, receives a ton of backlash for not covering Montana State THEN goes crawling back to said reporter and begs him to come back. It's too good ](*,) :lol:
My first thoughts when I saw Greg's tweet: "Wow Lee Enterprises really didn't have a plan did they. I bet they begged Greg to come back."

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:57 pm

Great news! No pun intended. Man, Lee Enterprises really missed Greg.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:03 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

My first thoughts when I saw Greg's tweet: "Wow Lee Enterprises really didn't have a plan did they. I bet they begged Greg to come back."
The other day on my iPad I went to the Big Sky Conference page of the Billings Gazette and scrolled down. I took a screen shot at every break, as if it was all one page. I plan on appending these screen shots into one image as if you can see the entire page without having to scroll down.

There were exactly TWO articles about MSU and one of them is about an alumnus (Cory Widmer). The other was Karl Tucker switching positions.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:27 pm

Assume local folks are um grads.

Vote with your feet and send them a lil note. Doubt board has any idea of this disparity.

Cletus, send them a copy of your image with your note.

http://lee.net/contact/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:45 am

Ok Greg, you can go ahead and start working now. You know, that thing where you write stories and put them in the Billings Gazette.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:55 am

iaafan wrote:Ok Greg, you can go ahead and start working now. You know, that thing where you write stories and put them in the Billings Gazette.

:roll: Maybe he will on May 1st.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:41 pm

Today is the second day in a row that the IR featured a front page story on the Griz camp. I don't think I've seen one on the Bobcats all spring.

At least we'll be able to sneak up on everyone when the Cats start kicking a$$ next fall. There will be great expectations for the frizz!

2024 Resume dominance