BOOM!! Seer Deines

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: BOOM

Post by FTG247365 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:27 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
iaafan wrote:First team 1A all state on both OL and DL. Put the shot 54’ for second at state. Good wrestler.
Defensive Player of the Year in football.
Love the tape, good size, good speed. Nothing better than a DL who is a wrestler. Reminds me of he reminds me of Zach Wright. Welcome to Bobcat country.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:03 pm

Sweet. Looks like a good athlete for his size/position.

He's a run stopping, gap filling 1-T imo. Redshirt player for sure. Should eventually be a 290-305 lb player, which is great size for this level. Considering he's a wrestler, I thought he'd play with more leverage. He plays way too high, but I'm assuming he's never had much in the way of DL coaching, just a small town school.

There are a few positions where the coaches are stacking up players. RB, OL, DL, and CB. If you can win at those positions, you can win games. I also don't mean this to be offensive to any current players, but this coaching staff is not afraid to recruit over players. I love that. Breeds competition.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:39 am

TomCat can you please edit your subject line to include the subject of the BOOM - Seer Deines.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:28 am

arvcat2 wrote:TomCat can you please edit your subject line to include the subject of the BOOM - Seer Deines.
Oops! Guilty of breaking my own rule. :oops:

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

1984TwoMinutesHate
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 1984TwoMinutesHate » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:19 pm

PapaG wrote:I drive by Connell on WA-395 a few times a year heading to Missoula. A state prison and a lot of sage brush. Tough town in the middle of nowhere. There are even road signs in the area saying not to pick up hitch hikers.

I love this kind of recruit. This dude looks like a classic Choate kid. Like some of the hardnosed dudes we've developed from Colstrip & the desolate badlands of Eastern MT. These big, athletic guys who can use their hands & control the trenches are what quietly wins conference titles & championships.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: BOOM!! Seer Deines

Post by thefrank1 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:25 pm

PapaG does what everyone does - drive by Connell.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:08 pm

thefrank1 wrote:PapaG does what everyone does - drive by Connell.
Been passing through Connell two to three times a year for probably twelve years. Now that we live in Idaho that may be once a year...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:50 pm

From last week: Connell, Washington DT Deines commits to MSU
https://skylinesportsmt.com/connell-was ... ts-to-msu/

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:42 am

reading that interview, it sounds like a humble, tough kid who will have no problems adapting to life in Montana Nice pickup for a half scholarship.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:42 pm

Reminds me a lot of Tucker Yates in that he's a shot putter, wrestler and football player, but he's taller. For comparison, Yates threw 53'3" as a junior and 57'11" (Class B State Record) as a senior. Just looking at his legs in the picture Skyline posted, he looks like he has a frame to add more weight. We know he understands leverage from wrestling and explosiveness from Shotput, so he could end up being a good one.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:48 pm

Not too often an OOS guys comes in on a partial. Gotta like that.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:35 pm

bobcat99 wrote:Not too often an OOS guys comes in on a partial. Gotta like that.
Actually, there are some out of state preferred walk-ons on the team now and I believe Kevin Kassis had a partial or was a walk-on his first year. I'm pretty sure Kassis has a full ride now. It is nice to see those guys wanting to come to Bozeman though.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:40 pm

AFCAT wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:Not too often an OOS guys comes in on a partial. Gotta like that.
Actually, there are some out of state preferred walk-ons on the team now and I believe Kevin Kassis had a partial or was a walk-on his first year. I'm pretty sure Kassis has a full ride now. It is nice to see those guys wanting to come to Bozeman though.
Kassis was offered a full-ride out of high school I do believe.

https://skylinesportsmt.com/sacramento- ... ts-to-msu/

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:03 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Yeah, I was looking for the article I read that mentioned he wasn't a full ride. I'll see if I can find it.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:14 pm

AFCAT wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Yeah, I was looking for the article I read that mentioned he wasn't a full ride. I'll see if I can find it.
My recollection is that Colter expressed his surprise in Kassis getting a partial out of high school in one of his podcasts last year.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:18 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

My recollection is that Colter expressed his surprise in Kassis getting a partial out of high school in one of his podcasts last year.
That sounds right. Maybe we can get him to chime in, not that it's a big deal though.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:18 pm

AFCAT wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

That sounds right. Maybe we can get him to chime in, not that it's a big deal though.
Yeah I think you guys are right.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:59 am

Deines is the top rated wrestler in 1A at 285 in Washington. He’s competing in the state meet this weekend at the Tacoma Dome. He was runner up last year.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:15 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Yeah I think you guys are right.
Choate was praising Matt Miller’s recruiting and made a comment in passing like “to get Kevin Kassis as a partial kid from out of state is a steal.” I was surprised because I thought he was full scholarship all along. Choate also mentioned last spring Kassis being moved up to a full scholarship.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:24 pm

iaafan wrote:Deines is the top rated wrestler in 1A at 285 in Washington. He’s competing in the state meet this weekend at the Tacoma Dome. He was runner up last year.
Deines won the 1A/2A title with a 5-0 win in the championship match.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber