What happened to Skyline?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: What happened to Skyline?

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:53 pm

Maybe we should start a petition to solve this dilemma. change.org seems to be popular.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:18 pm

85CatGrad wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
85CatGrad wrote:Maybe someone like VIM or VIM himself would be willing to do something similar on one of the Bozeman radio stations. VIM's football knowledge is top notch and objective, so he gets my vote.

VIM... what do you think? Do you have a radio voice?
I value my anonymity. And I mostly just have opinions, not really insights. Colter is good at what he does, plain and simple. Also, keep in mind that ESPN Radio is only in three locations in Montana: Missoula, Helena, and Great Falls. Not sure how you get ESPN radio to Bozeman.
I understand VIM. BTW, your opinions are great. You get my vote for "BN Poster of the Year!"

Maybe Colter is already working on expanding his program and bringing ESPN radio to Bozeman. Hint, hint.
KOBB Bozeman is an ESPN station (1230)...They also play the DP Show (Fox Sports) in the afternoon. There are some things in the works in regards to a local sports show, but it is in the quiet phase......... :-^

85CatGrad
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 85CatGrad » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:22 pm

SACCAT wrote:
85CatGrad wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
85CatGrad wrote:Maybe someone like VIM or VIM himself would be willing to do something similar on one of the Bozeman radio stations. VIM's football knowledge is top notch and objective, so he gets my vote.

I value my anonymity. And I mostly just have opinions, not really insights. Colter is good at what he does, plain and simple. Also, keep in mind that ESPN Radio is only in three locations in Montana: Missoula, Helena, and Great Falls. Not sure how you get ESPN radio to Bozeman.
I understand VIM. BTW, your opinions are great. You get my vote for "BN Poster of the Year!"

Maybe Colter is already working on expanding his program and bringing ESPN radio to Bozeman. Hint, hint.
KOBB Bozeman is an ESPN station (1230)...They also play the DP Show (Fox Sports) in the afternoon. There are some things in the works in regards to a local sports show, but it is in the quiet phase......... :-^
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:28 pm

SACCAT wrote:
85CatGrad wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I was just gonna say..."I bet SACCAT would have the inside track on this operation."

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:29 pm

It always cracks me up that the cat fans say Colter is a griz fan who give UM too much press..... and the griz fans say that Colter is a Cat fan, who favors MSU too much....

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:01 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
1984TwoMinutesHate wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:I have a question regarding Skyline Sports coverage of the Cats. Since the end of the Cat-griz game, it seems as though Skyline has vanished ( slight overstatement :) ) in regards to covering the Cats. I need to say that I am not a subscriber so I really have zero ax to grind or complaint to raise regarding what coverage Colter and team choose to bring to the Cats.

I noticed that the first interview posted following Cat -friz was an interview with losing coach Stitt. I found that curious as it seemed to be more a point of wondering about how Stitt was doing, rather than celebrating a beautiful defeat by the Bobcats, making it back to back wins for the Cats something seldom done in several years.

Now that Coach H is back in the zoo, the TnT show, and with the boys being griz fans and mom living in Missoula, it seems natural for them to pull the tab in Bozeman and throw back into life in the zoo. I have enjoyed, and will enjoy whatever coverage they bring to all regarding the Cats.

I might be over evaluating things, and I am certainly not complaining as much as I am noticing a silence coming out of Skyline since the Brawl. Not going to lose sleep, but curious if any others notice the same, or should I just delete this thread? :D :D :D
I agree... the outlet has been silent on the Bobcats since we've OWNed THE STATE again. Isn't the guy that runs that outfit a jizz fan anyway?
How many times does Colter need to address this?

He, Brooks, and Kyle are doing a good job covering the Bobcats. They will continue to do so. We just haven't had any reason to be in the news recently.
The amount of access that Colter has given us over the past five or so years has exceeded anything a local newspaper or state-wide media outlet has produced. We didn't make the playoffs so what news is there to report exactly? The most recent thing to happen with the media was Jeff's press conference yesterday...which Skyline posted immediately.
Again, thank you Vim. On a side note, Bozeman needs it’s own radio show like the one Ryan and Colter put out.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:14 pm

The Montana sports media is mostly made up of griz fan boys. Always has been, and as long as they have the journalism school there, always will be. I believe most of these kids (they're usually kids-and once they get half way good they move on to bigger markets out-of-state) try their best to seem unbiased, but sometimes they lose their way and need to be called on it. The state news feeds I follow have been one big Hauck twittergasm the last little while. I suspect that will die down after signing day and rear its ugly head again in August when the season is about to start.

It's a heck of a lot better than it used to be. Remember the good 'ol days when Bozeman didn't have its own TV station and all our local TV news came out of Butte and Missoula? Griz game recaps consistied of multiple highlights, coach interviews, player interviews, cheerleader interviews, etc. Bobcat highlights might consist of a quarterback sneak sometime in the 3rd quarter and maybe the score. If it was a road game we were lucky to get the score.

But I think we need to help them toe the line or it could easy go back to the way it was.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:00 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:The Montana sports media is mostly made up of griz fan boys. Always has been, and as long as they have the journalism school there, always will be. I believe most of these kids (they're usually kids-and once they get half way good they move on to bigger markets out-of-state) try their best to seem unbiased, but sometimes they lose their way and need to be called on it. The state news feeds I follow have been one big Hauck twittergasm the last little while. I suspect that will die down after signing day and rear its ugly head again in August when the season is about to start.

It's a heck of a lot better than it used to be. Remember the good 'ol days when Bozeman didn't have its own TV station and all our local TV news came out of Butte and Missoula? Griz game recaps consistied of multiple highlights, coach interviews, player interviews, cheerleader interviews, etc. Bobcat highlights might consist of a quarterback sneak sometime in the 3rd quarter and maybe the score. If it was a road game we were lucky to get the score.

But I think we need to help them toe the line or it could easy go back to the way it was.

That's funny. When I lived in England in the 1980s, we had no American radio or TV and of course no internet. The Brits didn't allow AFN radio or TV to be broadcast back then. I could forget about reading any stories on the Cats unless my Mom sent me a copy of my hometown paper in the mail. My brother played for the Cats and if I wanted to get a score for the game they were playing, I had to go up to our Base bowling alley. The bowling alley had a piped in version of AFN radio on a tiny desk speaker. At the half of whatever big college football game AFN was playing, they would announce other college scores from around the country. I had to huddle around that little desk speaker hoping to hear the score. If I didn't catch the Cat score on the speaker radio, I had to wait until the scores came out in the Stars and Stripes newspaper on Monday or Tuesday. When the internet came out, it changed everything. I remember watching on the internet those ESPN online text play-by-plays in Hungary in the mid-90s. Now, you can watch or listen live to a game on the internet and read stories online later on as well.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:28 pm

Bobcat Nation has been spoiled with Colter's hard work, his insight is refreshing, he tells it how he see's it, no sugar coating, honest writing.
Someday Colter will get his dream job and we'll be stuck with the Chronicle for our MSU news. So enjoy it, before its gone.

Thank You Colter, keep up the hard work!

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:30 pm

The only story I care to hear about at this point has to do with our stadium. Would love to hear about how construction is about to start on something, Phase 1, East side bleachers, new speakers........just something new with the stadium.

Punters are people too!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:55 pm

GoCats18 wrote:The only story I care to hear about at this point has to do with our stadium. Would love to hear about how construction is about to start on something, Phase 1, East side bleachers, new speakers........just something new with the stadium.
I heard they stopped shoveling this year to save money to build new stuff with.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:56 pm

allcat wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:The only story I care to hear about at this point has to do with our stadium. Would love to hear about how construction is about to start on something, Phase 1, East side bleachers, new speakers........just something new with the stadium.
I also heard that we are going to get a new goal post for next year.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:38 pm

allcat wrote:
allcat wrote:
I also heard that we are going to get a new goal post for next year.

I think we should wait for the big donors to set up a significant fund of cash first and then we can think about getting a new goal post. :D

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter