Choate talks about stuff

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Choate talks about stuff

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:05 pm

https://twitter.com/bozchronsports/status/938630661543403520
Choate expects between seven and 12 to officially join MSU’s 2018 class then. The rest will be filled out Feb. 6, the traditional signing day.
The head coach also outlined MSU’s offseason training program and said the team will prioritize mass, power and lower-body strength during the first six weeks of the spring semester. Choate said it’s an area that still needs improvement given the high number of young contributors. It’s also an area that can be improved without an indoor practice facility.
After spring practices, he plans on using the last three weeks before players leave in May to focus on speed.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Choate talks about stuff

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 am

I like how he keeps marching forward and sticking with the process.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:38 am

https://twitter.com/gregrachac/status/938571091462840321

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:50 am

Another issue is staff continuity. Before the new window, head coaches are less likely to make changes because he’s recruiting throughout December, Choate added. He expects a lot more assistants to change schools during the dead period between Dec. 18 and Jan. 11.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:47 pm

https://twitter.com/MSUBobcats/status/938854377598660611

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Another issue is staff continuity. Before the new window, head coaches are less likely to make changes because he’s recruiting throughout December, Choate added. He expects a lot more assistants to change schools during the dead period between Dec. 18 and Jan. 11.
Glad you posted that.

I was highly intrigued by him saying that, kind of out of nowhere.

Guess we'll see what happens, if anybody leaves or not.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:34 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Glad you posted that.

I was highly intrigued by him saying that, kind of out of nowhere.

Guess we'll see what happens, if anybody leaves or not.
He was asked about it and he answered.

Quiz to see who watched :) A player(not Andersen) is often brought up and discussed about which side of the ball he will play. What was Choates answer?
Last edited by Hawks86 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:58 pm

LISTEN - Big Sky Breakdown: Montana State head coach Jeff Choate end of season press conference -
https://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-bre ... onference/

In this episode, Montana State head coach Jeff Choate breaks down his second season at the helm, talks about the new early signing period, gives his thoughts on the FCS playoff field – three teams MSU played last season are among the final eight in the bracket – and touches on Bobby Hauck’s hiring as the head coach of the rival Montana Grizzlies.

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat92 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Good listen. You could tell that Choate felt we missed out this season with the close losses to KSU, SDSU and Weber. Jay Hill told him the MSU game was the most physical game they played, Felt special teams and offense where inconsistent during the season. Three scholarships will be available for transfers. MSU played this season with 59 scholarships.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:27 pm

Hawks86 wrote:https://twitter.com/MSUBobcats/status/938854377598660611
Refreshing take on how the season went, how the Cats performed, and what the future looks like. Coach Choate is an honest man, and says what he means and means what he says!

I was interested to hear that to "take the next step" we need to see the offence be "more consistent"... and that Rovig and Murray are in for a fun offseason. This will be an interesting battle leading into the Fall of 2018!

Defensively it sounds like he is looking to get some corners and some pass rushing DE's/Buck end players, but is also excited to see what Hashley, Henderson and all the injury kids from last season bring to the table.

Exciting day to be a Bobcat!

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat92 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:29 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Refreshing take on how the season went, how the Cats performed, and what the future looks like. Coach Choate is an honest man, and says what he means and means what he says!

I was interested to hear that to "take the next step" we need to see the offence be "more consistent"... and that Rovig and Murray are in for a fun offseason. This will be an interesting battle leading into the Fall of 2018!

Defensively it sounds like he is looking to get some corners and some pass rushing DE's/Buck end players, but is also excited to see what Hashley, Henderson and all the injury kids from last season bring to the table.

You are correct sir! We are headed in the right direction. I think most will be surprised by us next season!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:33 pm

bobcat92 wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:

You are correct sir! We are headed in the right direction. I think most will be surprised by us next season!
I'm not so sure we'll surprise too many people next year. The conference has seen what we're about. Nobody is going to play us and think they are going to have an easy game. And nobody is going to come in prepared for anything but a fight.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:43 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Quiz to see who watched :) A player(not Anderson) is often brought up and discussed about which side of the ball he will play. What was Choates answer?
:coffee:

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:48 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Quiz to see who watched :) A player(not Anderson) is often brought up and discussed about which side of the ball he will play. What was Choates answer?
I watched but maybe I missed something. I didn't catch anything about another player possibly playing one way or another. He talked about whether Konkol would be a safety or a LB, but that's all I caught.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:50 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
AndersEn - yet to be determined.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:53 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
"not Andersen"

arvcat2

Post by arvcat2 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:55 am

Hawks86 wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
"not Andersen"
Then Hashley - Dline?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:00 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
"not Andersen"
Then Hashley - Dline?
Yep. Some wanted him at OL and others wanted him at DL.

Buckaroo Bonzi

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:16 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
"not Andersen"
Then Hashley - Dline?
What made them move Kidd to OL ? Depth ?

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
arvcat2 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
"not Andersen"
Then Hashley - Dline?
What made them move Kidd to OL ? Depth ?
He started on the offensive line half of his redshirt freshman season in 2017. He is a better offensive lineman than defensive lineman. He is our future left tackle. His pad level better suits him on the offensive line.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."