Choate out-Haucking Hauck?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Choate out-Haucking Hauck?

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:06 am

There's a new petition over at change.org supporting bobby , I signed it , I want the Big Sky to get up to speed
with the Missouri Valley Conference , with bobby back I predict Cat griz will be for the Big Sky Championship in
a few years. I say a few years because it will take the griz some time to get up to speed. Good Football is
coming.

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:15 am

I signed it too. Not for the same reason. UM hiring Hauck is the best thing for MSU.

Buckaroo Bonzi

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:23 am

iaafan wrote:I signed it too. Not for the same reason. UM hiring Hauck is the best thing for MSU.
I don't think bobby's the same coach as before , I think he may have matured some, and won't be quite
the dick he was before. I think he is a good coach though. I could be totally wrong on bobby and you
may be absolutely right. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:24 am

Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
iaafan wrote:I signed it too. Not for the same reason. UM hiring Hauck is the best thing for MSU.
I don't think bobby's the same coach as before , I think he may have matured some, and won't be quite
the dick he was before. I think he is a good coach though. I could be totally wrong on bobby and you
may be absolutely right. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.
I don't know if he is the same coach or not - probably is, but that doesn't necessarily translate to success. I believe his prior success was largely dependent upon the program he inherited. He inherited some good players and because of the established recent past winning NCs etc., he was able to recruit more. Having some of the best facilities in the FCS didn't hurt either. Most likely there are lots of coaches that would have looked just as good had they had the same environment. He was unable to take that same "success" as a coach to UNLV and make it work. His successors failed to maintain the high level of success because of the off the field problems and player "entitlement" attitude that Howck left them. The further from the "glory days" one gets, the tougher winning ways became.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:34 am

Which is why the whole Hauck hiring could backfire. I guess the boosters won't be able to talk much sh*t though if he fails as they are the one's that brought him in against a lot of people's wishes. The pressure cooker is now ON over in Calimissou.

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:14 pm

These posts are hilarious... no one knows whats going to happen yet cat fans (most) are convinced BH 80-17 record had more to do with previous couches.

You do realize he was at UM for 7 years! That means his last 3 years EVERY player was a player he recruited.

Those seasons...
11-2
14-2
14-1

Look, his UNLV time was a disaster, but his time at UM was as good as this league has seen. Only time and a few season will shine light on what will be.

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:17 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:These posts are hilarious... no one knows whats going to happen yet cat fans (most) are convinced BH 80-17 record had more to do with previous couches.

You do realize he was at UM for 7 years! That means his last 3 years EVERY player was a player he recruited.

Those seasons...
11-2
14-2
14-1

Look, his UNLV time was a disaster, but his time at UM was as good as this league has seen. Only time and a few season will shine light on what will be.
What do previous couches have to do with anything?

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:20 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:These posts are hilarious... no one knows whats going to happen yet cat fans (most) are convinced BH 80-17 record had more to do with previous couches.

Those seasons...
11-2
14-2
14-1

Several cat posters have stated that he was living off the previous coaches coat tails... simply not true.

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

imacat

Post by imacat » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:34 pm

I love competition. Bring it on. We will see what happens. As for me, GO CATS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:44 pm

imacat wrote:I love competition. Bring it on. We will see what happens. As for me, GO CATS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This.. Except Go Griz

catscat

Post by catscat » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:50 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Those seasons...
11-2
14-2
14-1

Several cat posters have stated that he was living off the previous coaches coat tails... simply not true.
So you are saying that the record of the previous coaches had nothing to do with him being able to recruit the players to have those records in his last 3 years. You are daft.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:15 pm

It’s mob rule on egriz. If Hauck fails everyone there will claim to be one of the faculty currently asking for him to be reconsidered.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

catscat

Post by catscat » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:20 pm

So the unanswered question is which booster(s) had/have enough pull to get Howck hired with the "secret" hiring process. I would think Denny Washington would be smarter so I doubt it's him.

Anacomando

Post by Anacomando » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:18 pm

Choate is running a great program. He will continue to do so. As far as Hauck is concerned, the Griz have put him in an impossible position to succeed! However, really how smart of a person are you to leave for UNLV? Winning at the Big Sky level generally means taking over a horrendous Mountain West or WAC team!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:46 am

Anacomando wrote:Choate is running a great program. He will continue to do so. As far as Hauck is concerned, the Griz have put him in an impossible position to succeed! However, really how smart of a person are you to leave for UNLV? Winning at the Big Sky level generally means taking over a horrendous Mountain West or WAC team!
He has no place to go...but down! :D =D^

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Anacomando wrote:Choate is running a great program. He will continue to do so. As far as Hauck is concerned, the Griz have put him in an impossible position to succeed! However, really how smart of a person are you to leave for UNLV? Winning at the Big Sky level generally means taking over a horrendous Mountain West or WAC team!
Hauck was on the hot seat at Montana, something many Griz fans seem to forget. I think Hauck got out while the getting was good.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:49 am

Those seasons...
11-2
14-2
14-1

Actually UM was 11-1 in 2007, not 11-2. Undefeated during the regular season and then upset at home by Wofford in the the 1st round of the playoffs. One of the most humiliating post-season defeats in UM history. All the Griz fans who are so giddy to have Hauck back now, were ready to burn him at the stake after that loss. With a UM education, I don't expect you to be the 2nd coming of Einstein, but you should at least get your facts straight if you're gonna come talk smack on a rival's message board.

robgriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by robgriz » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:33 pm

iaafan wrote:This stuff isn’t going away. The grad student petition, the faculty request to reconsider, I got a feeling that’s just the beginning.
2 months later...crickets.

robgriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by robgriz » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:36 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Hauck was on the hot seat at Montana, something many Griz fans seem to forget. I think Hauck got out while the getting was good.
First I’ve heard of that...please explain?

1984TwoMinutesHate
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 1984TwoMinutesHate » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:03 am

robgriz wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
First I’ve heard of that...please explain?
Not sure he was ever on the hot seat, but I was told Hauck was wanting out bad in the last few years. Ungrateful fans & administration, unrealistic expectations, etc. He began to despise Missoula toward the end, they said.

Of course, moving from MT to spend years of your life in Vegas & SoCal will make most men begin to really appreciate the northern Rockies, regardless of the money. Not a huge surprise he returned to me, although it is rare to see in CFB.